Painwheel - Combo Guide and Discussion

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/1959/painwheelcombothreadhea.png

(Image by Hellknight10)

POSTING RULES:

N/A

Please refer to here for the combo listing.

Yay for character specific boards.

Let’s all get creative and come up with some awesome combos!

My current midscreen combo, a little more difficult than my old one but gets a bit more damage and only has one move that cannot be used on Double (Cerebella?).
Has a couple of character specific timings though, with the j.MK j.MK and the final ground series.

c.LK c.MK c.HP xx fly uf+j.MK xx fly f+j.MK > land c.MK s.HP xx fly df+j.LK > land c.MP s.HP xx fly df+j.LP > land sLK c.MP f+HK HK HK HK xx fly f+j.HK > land c.LK s.MP > j.MP(omit for Double) j.HP(3) j.HK > land s.LP c.MK s.HP xx QCF LP > dash forward s.MK s.HP xx dd+K (can mash jsut a little, want restand, not knock back. Will need to delay a little depending on character) xx QCF PP

6930 before super

8231 after

EDIT: Numbers may vary slightly with hits of moves like j.HK etc not being totally consistent

It’s great to finally have the stuff organized so I can learn easier.

very basic no meter midscreen:

cr. LK cr. MK st. HP xx fly fj MK cr LK cr MK xx QCF LP f+HK HK HK HK QCF HK

4500 dmg or so
works on errbody

still working on making this longer but.
st. LP cr. LK st. HP fly (forward) j. MK cr. MP (4 hits if close enough from fly) st. HP qcf+LP f+HKx4 fly(up forward) j. MP st. MP j. LP j. LK j.MK j.HP 2 hits into qcf KK.

the extension i have right now comes in after the j HP after one hit you can J. HK land st lp st. lk st. hp xx deathcrawl but the timing gets tight i think i can score a relaunch with st. hk but it feels really inconsistent any feedback would be great.

I liked how simple this was so I messed with it.
cr. LK cr. MK st. HP xx fly fj MK st. LK st. MP j. LP j. LK j. MK cr. LK cr. MK st. HP xx QCF LP f+HK HK HK HK QCF MK
Nets about 5100 damage, works on everyone but the air chain timing can be weird. And if you do QCF PP you can land the super after the f+HK HK HK HK which nets around 6000. Of course if the changing of the air chain timing is annoying you can just stick with your combo for just around 600 damage less :slight_smile: I just like how it opens up beginners to Painwheel more so than her optimal stuff.

As a note it builds about half a meter.

My main bnb off of 2lk in the corner:

2lk 2mk 2hp fly j.mk j.mk 2mk 2hp j.lp j.lk 2lk 2mk 2hp fly j.hk 5mp j.hp j.hk 5lp 5mp j.mp j.hp j.hk 5lk 2mp 5hp 236lp 6hk x4 (236hk 5mk(1-2 hits) 5hk(1-2 hits) fly)

Around 7k meterless combo that ends in a reset, after the fly you can do j.6mk and it will either cross up or not depending on how many times you let the reset 5mk and 5hk land. You can also do fly > j.2mk whiff into throw.

If you want pure damage you can replace the part in parenthesis with 22K 236PP for about 8.2k damage

can anybody confirm if you can tech after a death crawl super? in training mode i can link a death crawl into another chain into another death crawl but i feel like this is techable.

You can reset off of deathcrawl into another deathcrawl if you use a fast enough normal and you haven’t used your otg yet. It should be legit.

Of course you get terrible oki off of it because they can tech immediately, but damage is damage.

Figured I’d share this, though I don’t use it since I’ve found better stuff since then. Still, haven’t seen it done by others yet.

[media=youtube]FpFJC5DRyD8[/media]

I’ve been using two combos Urichinan posted in the main Painwheel thread, and I’m a bit surprised they haven’t made it in here yet: The Painwheel Thread: You Spin Me Right Round!

The first combo does around 6900 meterless, and about 8800 if you get to do the OTG ender in the corner. On some characters I find it easier to use qcf+HK than qcf+MK. If you’re already in the corner, I find both versions tend to whiff, but fortunately you can go straight into the cr.LK ender thing as a juggle instead of as an OTG.

you can even straight up airthrow aftet 2 hits st.hk xx fly on floaty chars.

My two cents, i have already improve it to 6921 but i have no video yet.
im working to make it better. but i dont have much time to play

[media=youtube]NVyvci36_a8[/media]

Notations:
[LEFT]starting with fly or jumping j.mk cr.mk st.hp fly cancel f+mk cr.mk st.hp qcf+lp f+hkx4 M Buer Reaper Death Crawl[/LEFT]

I know it was perhaps overlapping with all the combos, but what happened to the Painwheel thread? You spin me right round? Did we manage to lift all the combos from that before it vanished? Is it in another character’s board again?

As far as I can tell, it’s just plain gone. I looked in my posting history and the posts I made in that thread don’t show up at all. Clicking on the link I put up a few posts above here to a post in that thread gives “Shoryuken - Error You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.”

As for combos and things, there were quite a few high damage corner combos and a couple midscreen combos in that thread that haven’t ended up here yet.

Yup, I can’t find the thread, so all of the combos are gone from there.

I think I just found a 10K corner combo that works on every character, including Double, I’m going to do a little more testing to see first, and then I’ll let you guys know.

Shit, can you repost them Urichinan, I can’t practice them without the notations haha.

I was about to get to work on it too, need that midscreen 7k one and 10k corner combo.

^^^ The Urichinan combo I quoted several posts up is 6900ish meterless, so you could go with that.

I also have this corner combo that I copied to a notepad file, but I don’t think it was the most optimal version:

Corner only, tested 1v1 (1.00 Multiplier): j.MK > Fly > j.MK > cr.MK > cr.HP > Fly > UF+j.MK > Fly > j.MK > cr.MK > cr.HP > Fly > UF (Wait) DF+LK > MK(3) > HK(3) > j.MP(4) > Fly > F+j.LP > j.MK > cr.LP > cr.MK > cr.HP > Fly > j.HP(4) > LP > MK(3) > HK(3) > UB+j.QCF+LK > cr.LK > cr.MK > cr.HP > Fly > UF+j.HK(5) > cr.MP(4) > HP > QCF+LP > LK > cr.MK > F+HKx4 > DD+K (No mash) > QCF+PP= 9816 DMG

[media=youtube]QHQxKEKiWnc[/media]

I’ll just put this here again. It’s my go to BnB. Notations are in the video description. I posted this in the last thread as well.