Oro newbie trying to learn the chicken stomp juggle combo

Obviously I meant to say the second hit of cl mp is 3 juggle points lol.

[media=youtube]mX4dJqY5CvI[/media]

Added more stuff that I forgot including regular Tengu instead of EX. Enjoy :slight_smile:

nice vid for oro beginners… are you sure the 2nd hit of close mp is 3 juggle points? I guess it would make sense but I always thought moves that set “always juggle” in sf games generally couldn’t be done twice in a row and that was why you cant do for instance close mp multiple times in a row without ending juggle state.

I’d like to add maybe a few thoughts in general to this discussion tho…

• Close mp 2 hits, close mp 1 hit xx EX Tengu is probably the safest way to fish for tengu. You get opportunity on the 2nd hit that someone will try to do something and get hit, the 2nd mp is impossible to miss even for those with the worst reactions and the time to connect on most characters has to be at least 2-3frames if not more making the timing not all that difficult. vs characters who can punish a random missed mk jinchu super hard this is really significant to learn.

• jump in deep jinchu watari(qcf+k), close mp into whatever to Tengu is probably the second easiest way to land this. Particularly after you get a knockdown someone doesnt quick roll from. It has the same sort of pseudo-safety while catching ppl who are trying to antiair parry or hit a button/throw tech that ken jumping in super deep with hk has and once again the timing required once you get the combo down is pretty trivial.

I really only land the full “standard” combo off of big punishes or actually in situations where i parried something close enough to land the close mp so I think for the sake of practicality its important to think about this so you can play a little bit smarter game

afaik, Juggles in 3s only end if the juggle counter gets to 6, so it must be 3 for second hit. Here are some examples for Oro juggles where 2 hit MP drops;

2 hit mp, walk up 2 hit mpxx tengu, RH (drops)
1 hit mpxx mk jiichnu juggle w/ 2 hit mp (there would be possibilities like stand or jump RH, or cancel to Tengu, or 1 more chicken dance if the second hit was only worth 2 points)

Does that clarify?

[1] Yeah that’s a good activation if you can’t hit confirm the 2 hit MP on its own. I don’t really do it because I’m afraid I’ll drop the second MP, but now that I think about it, I should try to use this more in my game :slight_smile:

[2] jump in late HK link to MP works well too if you aren’t getting predictable with it. I find that I do the late jiichnu more often in the corner for some reason… shrug Probably just a tendency of mine.

[3] Yeah I totally agree. However, I do think it’s important for beginners to hit up training mode and learn the full combo (especially on Alex and Dudley) b/c new players tend to get most of their damage off of punishes, so it should be in your arsenal ASAP, even if you won’t land it in that many matches.

Good stuff, Red Venom!

ninja edit:: I’m thinking I should make a “Complete Oro Newbie/FAQ” type thread since none exists and I do check/post on SRK quite a bit. Would anyone be offended if I were the OP in such a thread? I am a very dedicated player and willing to help anyone new to our misunderstood hermit of a character.

edit edit:: I always feel like I have to dig around for Oro info on the forums when I need it. Unless Red Venom or ThyAllMighty makes an Oro newbie thread within a day, I will. The Oro subforum is so disorganized as it is :confused:

@jwangggg

I say go for it, I would appreciate it!

I have a question:

Why when I jump in with MK or HK does the s.MP not connect? This is troublesome as I cross people (cpu) up with the MK and am unable to go into (s.MP) to my “dance combo”?

You’re probably just timing the MP too late or the j.MK/HK is too early. Try doing it kinda deep at first. I know Urien players have trouble comboing j.HK into cr.HP, but the Oro jump-in shouldn’t be as strict.

Thanks for the encouragement! Writing the thread in a word doc now! :slight_smile:

Generally, when that happens to me I am doing the MK or HK too early. Aku might be right and that you’re doing the MP too late. I will try to make you another vid some time this week.

Thanks guys, I am so used to getting the first hit and all else is auto pilot. The thing is when I jump in with the MP the s.MP always connects for me. I would assume that the jump in with HK would have more hit stun thus s.MP would be no issue. I can never seem to get the standing MP after the MK cross up; this bothers me as I know I will eat good off of crossing people up with MK. I always have a super early jump MK (Mk hits on the way up) gimmick that would work better if the MK to the s.MP worked for me. If someone has a chance try the MK to s.MP, normally, off a cross up and tell me your findings.

I just sat in training for 5 minutes and could not get a c.LP or a c.LK to hit after the cross up MK. I might have to ditch this snot bubble bastard…

I’m not sure about the crossup j.MK, but yeah. Just found the infamous clip of Hungbee missing the j.HK->MP combo. He did the MP too late and it’s pretty easy to tell.

5 minutes is not a very long time IMO. Take a break, take a breath, and come back fresh. Maybe watch a couple vids to see what the timing sounds like. I’m working on the new thread still, so I can’t find links for you atm :confused:

I would hate for anyone to leave Oro D:

Yeah, don’t leave Oro dude. He has a higher learning curve than a few others but he’s a really good character. Five minutes is laughable. Not trying to be mean, but giving up after just 5 minutes is a disgrace.

Many players spend hours a day just practicing combos, then arguably more hours getting used to actually using them in real matches. Don’t ask me how long it took just to do the Double Fukiage juggle, only to be able to use it ONCE in a real match at the arcade…

You guys are right in a sense, I just don’t think it’s possible to go from cross up MK to any combo which is just crazy. The MK is so ambiguous that it would be a great tool. I have been watching Dirty and Thanatos and can’t quite recall any MK cross ups. I see Dirty go for the jump over then jumps back (Oro has a double jump) then he hits the air Jinchu Nobori to the s.MP; that seems to be one of his F with your blocking moves.

aku: You are not being mean, it’s that something that simple shouldn’t be so hard for a SF vet. I am just learning the engine so maybe some things are not possible, but my SF experience says it should be possible (doesn’t make it true though). I bought W-Impact and 3s (Japanese Versions) and played them like they were SF2. I had no access to high level play and thought I was doing something when I wall bounced someone with Ryu’s Ex donkey kick to an uppercut. Youtube has shown me the error of my ways…

Doing the tachi gigas is easier than MK to s.MP…good grief!

Where do you live? I seem to remember you being east coast? There are great players in several hotspots in NY who play on emu, supergun, PS2 and American arcade. Doylestown, PA has a Japanese H2H 3s machine and is frequented by Flare, Therapist, and many other dedicated players. If you are within an hour or so of either of these areas, I’d head out and get some lessons.

I’m 99% sure you can use the j. MK cross up to combo into stand MP.

Well, you should quit trying to combo it for now then, haha. If it doesn’t seem possible, then work on other stuff you can do. Like you said, j.MK seems like a good ambiguous crossup so just roll with what you think you can do next. Like, dashback->dashup throw, or another blockstring, something. If you’ve actually seen it combo before, then I guess keep trying, but if it’s not crucial to your gameplay then learn it later. If you really want to see if it’s possible, try looking up frame data for Oro, or mess around with how deep you hit that crossup. Not to mention if it’ll work if the opponent’s crouching, stuff like that.

Either way, I wouldn’t feel too discouraged. There are a lot of combos in 3S that may seem easy but are ridiculous to pull off. Take a look at any KYSG vid and you’ll see that a lot of those combos are formed from super-tough to humanly impossible links.

Cool, I’ll keep that in mind. Test that j.MK cross up to combo into stand MP when you get a chance.

Yeah, as it stands now if I have normal Tengu Stones the cross up MK is great on hit as it allows me to do the s.MP to j.HP which leaves me at a good distance for a mix up.

the timing on j.mk into s.mk is pretty difficult and might not even work on some characters. just remember to hit with the mk incredibly deep, like you will already be on their other side when it hits because the hitbox is a little wide on that move…

This + works well on crouching characters b/c of increased hit stun.

Please comment my all about Oro thread with corrections or info I haven’t written yet, so that I may add them to the OP. I will credit everyone for the work they do :slight_smile:

Cancelling the first hit of st.MP into EX Tengu is really difficult for me because I can’t piano the input. Is there a trick to this?

I was having the exact same problem yesterday. You’re probably supposed to buffer a QCF before you hit cl.MP and then add another QCF when it connects. Although it is very much possible to do it without buffering, you just have to do it really fast. SFIV has made me complacent, so yesterday I was practicing doing 2x QCF for like 45 minutes. It certainly helped being more consistent, which means I can still do it about 1/4. :oops: