Oro newbie trying to learn the chicken stomp juggle combo

Oro newbie trying to learn the chicken stomp juggle combo. :wonder: I’m also having trouble executing the rest of juggle once the super is activated. :wonder::wonder:
Is the input forward kick, forward kick or roundhouse roundhouse? (Once the super is activated) Is this combo character specific? Which combos work on what characters?

The basic juggle is cl.MP->MK Chicken x3

The timing and even the combo itself is character specific, yeah. The one above works on most characters except Hugo and Twins. For Shotos you’re gonna have to do the second cl.MP a little later.

As for Super…I’m not sure which one you mean. I’ll assume you mean EX Tengu. If they’re in the corner, you just hit HK over and over again(like 5 or 6 times) then do the chicken juggle to finish.

OK. So the basic chicken combo is:

It works on everyone except Hugo and the twins (Yun and Yang) midscreen. You can actually get it midscreen with the twins if you start the combo after parrying an early dive kick though.

It works on the entire cast in the corner including Hugo, even though the timing is difficult on him.

To combo the chicken combo into EX Tengu, it would be:

Follow that up (midscreen) with jump towards :hk:, then st. cl. :mk:, repeat until the super runs out and go back into the chicken combo, or whatever ender/mixup you want. Makoto and Q can be easily juggled with only roundhouses (The Kens can too, although it is slightly harder to keep going).

The timing for the chicken combo and the Tengu juggles are slightly different for everyone, but the difference isn’t that dramatic.

I’d recommend practicing on Ken. Watch a couple of videos and notice how deep you want to be hitting the cl. st. :mp: in the juggle.

[media=youtube]OYI8wYmcGwk[/media]

At 2:15 you can see a nice intro to chicken combos.

I have no idea why you’d say to learn on Ken. The shotos are a little tougher for Oro. Oro’s easiest juggles are on Alex and Dudley.

But yeah Chad posted the regular chicken dance into Tengu set up correctly, but he left a couple things out. Sooo…

…(beginning of combo)… cl MP (1 hit)xxx EX Tengu Stone (activate with PPP), you have two options mid screen that work on pretty much everyone: jump HK, land cl MK, repeat with occational toward MP or stand HK if they are getting too far away, or if you don’t want to jump, you can do Roundhouse, toward MP, repeat ad nauseum.

Also, keep in mind that the only point of doing the chicken dance combo is to build meter, it does not do that much damage. Tengu also does not need to combo off of chicken dance loop, you can simply MP(2hit)xxxEX Tengu and combo. Or, do chicken dance loop only once if that gives you the meter, then cancel off of 1 hit MP, as opposed to doing the chicken dance loop twice.

That’s why you practice on Ken, it actually takes timing. I don’t see the point in practicing on Dudley; you can completely fuck it up and still do it on him. Also, you’re much more likely to end up playing one of the Kens than Dudley or Alex.

Ken’s timing for the juggle also gives you the optimal height for cancelling into SAII once you start learning that. Some of the characters require that you cancel that nice and deep to be able to keep the unblockable loop going.

As an aside, I’m really glad I typed all that shit out so that only someone that already knows how to do it would read it.

Something I’d find helpful if I was new to Oro… When doing the EX SA3 juggle in the corner vs shotos its really hard to get the normal ender(s.mp xx jinchuu twice, then s.mp sjc j.hk), so you can do both hits of s.mp and then do mp version of palm disc then jab and do a little mixup or mp version of uppercut.

Hey Red Venom, I do not have a working stick, so I can’t test this at home, so can you tell me if either of these combos work, and if they work mid-screen or corner only?

(after EX stones run out)

MP 1 hit xx chicken dance, MP 2 hit, MP fireball?

MP 1 hit xx chicken dance, MP 2 hit, juggle w/ stand HK

MP 2 hit, MP fireball, juggle w/ stand HK

I’ll try to do it. I just had a hard drive crash and need to get ggpo stuff again tho… I dont think the last one works midscreen with hk as the ender cuz they get too far away from you but the other two should work

After I cancel into the Tengu Stones from the MP, I am having trouble making the stones connect for the series of HK’s. Any suggestions?

Are you doing MP (2 hit) xxx EX Tengu Stone?

If you are doing it during the chicken dance combo, you have to do MP 1 hit xxx chicken dance, mp 1 hitxxx EX tengu

You can do one more rep, but the key is cancelling off 2 hits if it’s a raw MP cancel into activation, and cancel into EX Tengu DURING the combo is after 1 hit.

If you need more help, let me know and I’ll make a short tutorial for you on Tengu Stones.

Are you doing MP (2 hit) xxx EX Tengu Stone? (I did not even know that you could do the super with multiple buttons thus getting diff. properties. Is there a diff. btwn 1, 2 or 3 button activation of the super?)

If you are doing it during the chicken dance combo, you have to do MP 1 hit xxx chicken dance, mp 1 hitxxx EX tengu. (I will look into this as I have tried after just MP and various reps to no avail.)

You can do one more rep, but the key is cancelling off 2 hits if it’s a raw MP cancel into activation, and cancel into EX Tengu DURING the combo is after 1 hit. (I am not quite sure when and why to cancel off of two hits.)

If you need more help, let me know and I’ll make a short tutorial for you on Tengu Stones. (If you can make one it would be cool, but i will mess around some more to see exactly what you mean by the amount of reps and cancelling off the 2nd hit of the MP.)

*The EX Tengu Stone makes sense to me now, but an EX super that uses no extra meter, wtf? * Thanks!

• One button gives you the regular Stones. Two buttons is the EX version(you can tell when Oro shows both arms during the screen freeze). Three buttons is the same as the EX version.
  • If you’re doing it in the corner, you can alternately do cl.MP(1hit)->Chicken stomp->cr.HP->cancel to EX Tengu. It resets the character but you can do a quick move like LK for a good chance to hit them back into a juggle state. This version is a bit easier imo.
  • It’s just easier to do cl.MP(two hits) -> EX Tengu than the chicken juggle setup. This is more for punishment situations, unless you’re really good with hitconfirming cl.MP->EX Tengu(this is really really REALLY hard)

And Tengu Stones is only one bar anyway, haha. Same with EX SA1. EX SA2 uses all three meters though.

I messed around some:

• 1button lasts for about 10 seconds (less rocks)
  • 2 buttons lasts for about 5 seconds (more rock and damage)
  • 2 hit MP to EX Tengu is easy as pie

You mentioned* “hitconfirming cl.MP->EX Tengu(this is really really REALLY hard.” This leads to my question. I did *cl.MP(1hit)->Chicken stomp->s.MP->cancel to EX Tengu->HK,HK,HK. The thing is when I cancel after 1 or 2 hits of the standing cl.MP it seems as if the EX Tengu is too slow to come out (whats up with that?). I did do the above combo but inserted a crouching MP to EX Tengu->s.HK,HK,HK (in corner). This way was easiest for me to hit 95+% of the time. I read some where about juggle points and the max is 6, blah blah blah; does the EX Tengu Super reset the juggle state enabling me to finish the combo with another couple of reps of the chicken dance?

I am about to watch some vids and see what I can pick up. I have heard the best to watch are Dirty Music and Thanatos. Thanks for the help Guys as I am getting ready for 3S Online, my main is Hugo and am learning Oro. I must knock back the armies of Chuns, Yuns, Kens and Makotos!

I see where I made my mistake, I did too many reps of the chicken dance and when I went for the EX Tengu the juggle points were used up. It seems as if when I do same combo then the c.MP to to EX Tengu I can get the extra rep. I will keep plugging away…

Yeah, the EX Tengu resets the juggle count with every hit. After ohhh the 6th hit or so(until the timer runs out anyway), you can follow up with cl.MP->Chicken (x2) and then finish with d,u+P or cl.MP->superjump HP or HK for a reset. Either finish is fine, it’s up to you to choose.

Also, I used to try to do cl.MP->Chicken->cl.MP(2 hits) xx EX Tengu before, but I could never seem to catch them. Either this doesn’t work or I was just never fast enough to catch them with like a superquick j.HK or something. jwangggggggggggggg or Chad or Red_Venom, is this possible? haha

And yeah, Dirty Music, Thanatos and Inoue Oro are all great, so check them out. Find some Fuji and Hiro-chan videos too. :slight_smile:

No Aku. That combo dropped cuz it doesn’t work. Making a vid now.

Vids up on my channel in my Sig. Sorry for quality, I am working with only my phone :confused:

Ah alright, gotcha.

Thanks for the vid. I checked it out.