Orlando Thread: CEO De Mayo May 5th, CEO 2012 June 15-17 ceogaming.org

So yeah, sorry for not showing my face in a damn long while, but for some unexplainable reason, restaurants tend to have their busiest days when tournaments are happening, and someones gotta pay the rent. I do fully expect to be able to show up to CEO 2011 though, and bringing some people from my neck of the woods in tow. Also, if anyone ever happens to find themselves in Daytona on a Tuesday night, I’ve started up a weekly game night at a bar. Just get at me for details

Monthlys used to be at bars!? :amazed: I would love to be drinking Long Island’s while playing and pounding down Jager Bombs to level up my rushdown. :wasted: lol

So yeah, MK sessions, I’m down. New game, major around the corner, time to get solid fast. I’m here til May 11. Hope to get more familiar with the scene here and put names with faces better. I’ve known Alex aka X-factor and Nix through Tekken. Only new names I remember are Jebailey, cause he was running MK when I first got there, and Napstar, cause we had some good casuals.

When casuals can be hosted at some point, I’ll try and explain how cancelling works in MK, but for now, I’ll try my best here. Some strings have a huge buffer window for cancelling specials, i.e. Noob’s fp bp fp string, and some are tight, comparable to a link in SF, i.e. Noob’s forward+fk fk fk string. It’ll just take practice with your said main character and finding out what can cancel into a dash, special or both. Basically, some combos can be mashed into while others can’t. Hope that helps somewhat.

Pretty sure we can get practice with the Thursday meetups at Nestor’s since he has multiple set up and room to play them DR. I can bring my PS3 copy or someone else can. I agree with seeing too many wake up Kung Lao spins in finals, but it was a week one tourney. Things will get more solid and people will know how to punish better.

Did you move back here permanently DR or are you stationed here for a short time?

I’m on orders starting the 27th of this month and I’m here trying to get my admission squared away at UCF for the fall semester.

Wish I could have made it.

Anyone playing tonight? if so text me 386 624 1064

Yo D.R. You were hella good at the tournament. You had the only legit Noob (I think the only Noob) at the tournament. You played some sick matches in the tourney. I thought you had the biggest chance to beat the Kung Lao besides ARC’s Kung Lao. You were doing really good at keeping out but for real you gotta respect that spin. That’s how I lost my match. >.> I think you met me a little bit. I was the big asian who looks like Marn that was playing Smoke. Hopefully I can get in some casuals with you to get some more MK experience. I pretty much got as far as I did in the MK9 tournament because I played so many casual matches against everyone. O_O

I remember you man. Smoke’s a legit threat in this game, so in time you should be a beast with him. I came to the tourney late, so casuals didn’t happen for me, but that’s my problem in the end. I should of picked Sub Zero though to deal with that Kung Lao nonsense, but I play characters cause I like them, not just to win, so Noob’s my work in progress. The kinks will be worked out in time. For now, I gotta give this tag mode a try and create more combo vids. Limitless options seem to be presented in that mode. D.R.‘s team of choice, The Brothers’ Lin Kuei, Noob and SZ. :badboy:

Atleast we both made Top 5. :smiley: I remember telling you about that Sub Zero match up for Kung Lao. Tag is too much fun. That combos get kind of ridiculous and make the game look like Marvel. XD I’m thinking of going Smoke and Noob or Smoke and Ermac.

Sup every1 i just posted MK9 vids hope u guys like
[media=youtube]MFsUT76Emxs[/media]
[media=youtube]6nvEO4HCf6k[/media]
[media=youtube]mQIC5rGUJQo[/media]
[media=youtube]wC-o0mX5f1M[/media]
[media=youtube]RTPcqpAEB6Y[/media]
[media=youtube]1m_fwI6QOe8[/media]
[media=youtube]487oEGP6ISw[/media]
[media=youtube]Lko_-IevD0A[/media]
like i said i hope u all like it im try in to get good at this game and MVC3. So yea my boi Q is a nasty MK player so im getting better at that playing him so much. I cant wait to play u have that play this game i love it

my main Scorpion his vids are coming soon

in my last month of school here, I know I disappear for months at a time but I have the entire month of June off and a pretty light schedule this month. Any smaller tourneys going on before CEO?

Mk casuals sounds great for whoever is interested, had a good time at the tourny…seeing some great players in a matter of days.
Yaysian, DR, ARC…also the VSC crew.
We have a lot of time til June, so let me know whoever is holding some casuals.

There is a possibility that I may be in town wed night? Anyone down for MK casuals while I’m there? I want FL to be strong in this game!

I would but the wife has that day off :S. Are you going to be up for thursday as well?

Penny Arcade! - On Kombat

Penny Arcade! - It Only Doesn’t

If you guys still haven’t seen the babalities, they’re pretty entertaining:

Mortal Kombat Babality Video Feature (PlayStation 3) - GameSpot Video

I’m not even sure how to unlock them. I haven’t played Ladder Matches yet though.

They’re secrets. Just look up the inputs online. To use it though, you have to go an entire round without blocking and win said round, then obviously win the whole match. It’s actual a slap in the face if you do it to someone since block is such an important element in MK and you basically showed that they aint worth your defense.

^ lol, word. Surprised how good players are in such a short period of time. I still haven’t gotten the chance to try every character in the game yet. Would like to complete Challenge Tower, but it seems like it’s gonna be a very uphill battle to do so.

well my copy of mk came in today, sadly psn is down indefinitely. tony add me yo, once psn is up. back to gears of war beta.