Omega Vega

I’m confused. You talk about taunt 8, then randomly mention taunt 1?

never said anything about taunt 1, he mentioned red impact stab animation. if they are using existing animations the closest thing to a upward stab is this taunt number 8.
youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8dLO9Skm3wM#t=76

Sure you did, those last 3 words.

Aahh I’m slow just got that. Never!!!, I’ve only ever touched taunt 8 since vanilla. Then again every time i taunt guile music kicks in for my opponent and I die. Hmm maybe im using the wrong taunt…i miss post ko hits so bad

Speaking of taunts, they could add his CvS2 victory pose as a taunt or even a move.

At 4:35.

ayyyy we have a divekick now.

We should’ve a dive fierce.

Really, if our jiHP worked like a dive kick (with infinit amount of active frames, ie: active until reach the ground) would be so cool…

Eh. I am not super excited about our omega stuff, yet

Good news: Vega’s getting a dive fierce (Rose Thorn).

But isn’t it a dive roundhouse? And after a FBA?

I was talking about a dive fierce just like Rufus dive kick.

This seems like a really huge and kinda OP tool for Vega because he can change his walldive trajectory into a dive kick…

until you realize they can just focus that too like everything else Vega does off the wall. Unless this dive kick breaks armor, they can still just focus and the only mixup after walldive is a very precisely timed izuna drop.

Hey, It’s still one more option we have, that we didn’t have previously. And on another note, it looks to have a truckload of hitstun, considering how high he does the divekick and still combo’s into cr.mp.

New Omega Vega Moves from Capcom Unity:

Unique
Target Combo: LK–>HK

Special
Crimson Crucify: charge B, F+PP (uses two bars)
EX Scarlet Terror Follow-up Attack: After EX ST is blocked: any K; on hit it’s automatic
Rose Thorn: After FBA: any K
Insanity Gaze: F,D,DF + PP (uses two bars)

What I noticed so far:

-we have wall dive Kick option, does a bootleg divekick, can be plus if spaced and combo’d out of if it hits meaty enough.

• close lk>HK is a target combo, looks really wonky, pops them up and you can combo any ST, EX walldive and U1 after.

-EX ST does a PoM after for extra damage+knockdown, doesnt go as far forward and I think all STs go slightly higher but it could be my eyes deceiving me

-all STs hit crouchers now, I remember some whiff in regular SF4.

-after walldive slash he doesnt do the derp mohammed ali hop so he’s WAY SAFER

-No izuna drop option after ex dive on hit, couldnt get it to work
Edit: same with the super, on hit you can only do the 5 slashes (which do ~100 damage each and they track better so it’s really hard to miss any)

-ST is a b~f charge now not a hard charge

-Forward dash is WTF fast!

-EX Roll is dashing move that goes into a mini-combo, can combo off of mediums and lights. not safe on block

-MP roll is sped up and can combo off mids and lights without counter-hit

-c.LP has WAAY more pushback on hit and block, cant do more than 2 even on T.Hawk…
Also I’m pretty sure it’s not 1 frame link now coz I can literally mash c.lp and it’ll combo

-Cosmic heel is 2 hits, can’t combo normals off of it anymore, can’t combo u2 if you connect both hits. U1 works

-far s.mk is 2 hits, one at the knee and one at the tip at 40 damage each

-nj.mk and j.mk flipped, can be used with j.lk for a 50/50

-U1 hits off of the anti-air knee on the way up.
it’s good in Ultra as well from what I can tell, can’t get it to NOT combo if anything.

-LK ST and aa STs (1 hit) combo to U1 (dunno if it’s like that in Ultra?), Couldnt get U2 to work, buuuut aa LK ST>HK ST> EX ST works!

-without claw YOU CAN CHAIN YOUR PUNCHES! they are all have better recovery too. jabs are chains, you can do c.mp>c.mp, cl.hp>far hp, c.lp>c.lp>c.mp>c.mp xx EX roll combos! hella dope!
also FBA punch followup doesnt knock down…

-Mask toss does a super animation so I think it does SOMETHING, coz I can’t pick up the mask again after that for whatever reason.
I think it’s damage as U2 does 450 w/mask and 495 without.
Edit: ok found another use, it has super quick recovery so you can use it as a ghetto FADC, c.mk xx MT (Mask toss)> s.hk works, cl.HP (1st hit) xx MT> U2 works.

-Derp change but you drop straight down after air-throw instead of moving a bit forward ~__~

You can link into cr.mk after cl.hp, which can be useful since you can no longer land cl.hp -> cr.mp xx ex fba on most of the cast now. ex fba seems to hit everybody after a cr.mk though

Also, another thing we can now do is cl.mk -> cr.mk.
Cl.hp -> cr.mk xx LP roll works as well.
'Nother thing to note is that after LK ST you can get an easy juggle into st.hk. Both hits land.

Sounds like A LOT of fun! He should be this retarded in USF4 lol.

cl.HP (1st hit) xx HP RCF (full) xx MT> U1 works too

Some (definitely not all) of these changes would easily fit into standard USF4.

I uploaded a quick and crudely edited video of some of Vega’s new Omega stuff. I know the text is hard to read, next time I’ll fix that. Let me know what you think.

Some cool stuff I noticed is that you can now combo off cr.lk with and without the claw. With the claw you need to do cr.lk -> close st.lk -> whatever 4 frame move. Without the claw, cr.lk -> cr.lp -> yadda yadda.

A lot of this stuff needs to be standard in Ultra. Seriously, the faster chain links without the claw is a no brainer, IF he is going to continue to be punished for blocking. The close attacks linked to other stuff is obvious, too. Actually glad to see that in since that was request of mine. The FBA stuff really needs to be standard, too. The safety of it that is, because it’s such a worthless move otherwise.