Official Samurai Shodown II Thread

Haos is HCB,HCF,HCB,D,DB, B and D.

Kuroko is not playable in the arcade version.

Sick, thanks. My friend mains Sieger and I main Cham so I have to play this matchup quite a bit. I’ll work on the projectiles.

I also find that Cham crosses him up fairly easy on wakeup with the leaping grab.

Also, work on running grabs. They really fuck with safe minded players bad.

Someone used Kuroko on me in XBLA. He’s playable in this.

He’s only available in multiplayer according to gamefaqs.

If makstaks write an article it should do a GREAT read!

Sadly I couldnt get in touch anymore with Steve (from Primal Rage design team), that game innovated so much at his time!

Anyone wanna play Samurai Shodown 1 at Final Round?

Just picked this game up. It’s fun as hell. But why don’t people play it on GGPO? I check both that room and Jojo’s occasionally. They’re pretty much both completely barren. It’s a crying shame too because they’re both great fun.

Anyone wanna show me how to play better? I main Kyoshiro and he doesn’t seem to be getting much love in this thread.

Forgive the thread necromancy but let’s not forget SS2!

i tried it that way and couldn’t get it. this is the way i did it:

:df::hcf::bdp: B+C

I’ve been messing around with SSII on the 360 and am wondering what the heck Ukyo’s teleport slash is, mentioned in this guide http://www.gamefaqs.com/coinop/arcade/file/583618/780 At first I thought maybe they mean his mirror special attack, but then they have combos like this…

Crouching C, Standing A, Teleport Slash with A (3 hits)

I have no idea how to interpret this since the mirror attack is C, D, or CD, and there’s no “A” version of it so the teleport slash must be something wholly different, yet they don’t actually explain it in the guide.

Anyone who can shed some light on this quandary will have my gratitude.

Genjuro players keep raping me. Genjuro dizzies everyone way too easily…

Also anyone have advice for Earthquake? Picking him up as an alt.

I didn’t at first, but I actually came to like the drastic changes they did in part 3. They knew that they struck gold with SS2, so instead of trying to repackage the game, they made it play completely different so both would be viable.

Where SNK went wrong was with 4. The more ‘realistic’ or foreign woodcut style of 3 was made completely pointless by the twins, and the emphasis on high damage - the sword fight style - was made pointless by the super-combos of 4.

2 is still a great game, but 3 is my favorite and the one I had the most fun playing against other people in the arcade. Anything after it is more dead to me than its dead mother.

Anyone still play this on GGPO? I’ve barely played the game since I was in school, but it’s been one of my favourites for the longest time. I wouldn’t mind getting like a monthly GGPO tournament going on, even if it’s only a few players… could be round-robin style or something.

There were a couple of really good american/mexican players playing a couple of months back, but i’m not sure if they’re on anymore since i haven’t been on SS2 for a bit. I’ll probably start popping back in the room from time to time.

Ill be on at some point. I will look for you.

Anyone still play? Game is very fun. Ask in #snkplaymore for games.

hey!, keep alive this topic!!! join us in fightcade!!!

edit: sorry for revive the topic :frowning:

is there still a scene on fightcade? I want to start playing this, i remember playing it in the arcades back in the day. Would really like to play this again, looks fun

I see a decent amount of people in the room regularly, definitely worth checking out!

Recent SS2 World Tournament at Mikado for inspiration :slight_smile:

Ive been watching tournament vids last couple of days. I tend to get hype over older games and it sucks since there aren’t any local players. I’ll Def check it out

Edit- I thought ukyo was banned from asian tournaments