Official Problem and Solution Thread

all SRK links are broken!!!

:frowning:

This isnā€™t anything to cry about but I thought it was odd. I wasnā€™t logged and I noticed the animated GIFs for avatars didnā€™t show. I logged in and all of a sudden I could view them. I personally Iā€™m not bothered by this Iā€™m just posting anything I find odd or broken.

-DJ-

This feature will be coming next week to XenForo.

Just making a quick post to thank Mr. Wiz and the rest of the SRK staff for being on top of their game and fixing things quickly!

Also, I do want to echo the thought that posts donā€™t look good in SRK Dark. I think that the fonts are okay (wouldnā€™t mind if they were simpler though, serif fonts are harder to read), but I personally feel that the white text on black background is hard on the eyes. Signature text (that sort of grayish color) is MUCH easier to look at.

Like this, for example. Even lowering the contrast just a little makes it less of a strain to read. I, for one, would really appreciate this since I (like many users, Iā€™m sure) tend to browse while at work and already have to stare at a computer screen for 8+ hours a day. I appreciate any break I can get.

VB allowed you to adjust thread replies per page from the default 20. Can you bring that feature back? I used to have my replies set to 50-- 20 is way too short for my taste.

It needs some tweaking ( a lot of tweaking) but itā€™s a really nice layout. Pages load incredibly fast.

Posting for 4r5.

He changed his email to his gmail account and hasnā€™t received a confirmation email for his account.

iā€™m an idiot, they were just in my spam folder, and i just found out i had a spam folder

In order to see if I could fix my name wrapping onto a second line, I decided to make my custom title as long as possible (50 characters). It did something weird to the interface you get if you click on your username at the top of a forum page.

This is my interface with the custom title:

http://img851.yfrog.com/img851/6715/mistake.png

I will be simply changing the custom title to something else, but I still thought the text overlap should be noted.

P.S. Scaling down the text size for names longer than 15 characters would fix the text wrapping problem >_>

New format means, new links.

If you want to help, do like what Iā€™m doing in Tech Talk and getting everyone to compile the new links for all the old threads that mattered.

looks great. But is the live stream section removed or am i blind?

Looks good in Dark Mode. Iā€™ll just need to get used to the pop up bubbles.

yo i use to have my forum layout to show the new posts first and now i cant seem to find a setting for that and its really pissing me off. Where is it? if its not in there put it in mofos.

Is there any way to hide all avatars from being displayed like you can with sigs?

I think the default was 25, and I actually preferred that vs. this now default 20.

I would IDEALLY like 40, since thatā€™s what Iā€™m used to on other forums.

This is pretty important imo.

Also, are link names permanent? Is there no way for old links to redirect to new ones? Iā€™d prefer to not update my long list of bookmarks (and other megathread creators will have to fix every single one of their links as well).

Also, multi-quote only works on a per-page basis. Trying to quote the last post on one page and the first post on the next is impossible if you donā€™t do it manually.

I turned off rich text input in settings (rich text mode does something weird whenever I post a link or quote on another site, like add the text color, font,and HTML hyperlink codes) . Now in regular input mode, whenever I type a message,the window is white text and white background. This only happens in the SRK Dark skin-- in the Light skin itā€™s the same light background but black tezt. Pls fix.

For some reason, if a thread contains a YouTube vid, it only loads the content until the vid. The page looks like itā€™s completely loaded though. Sometimes it loads properly if I keep hitting refresh.

eg. http://i.imgur.com/lZ8A2.png

There are actually quite a few posts after that on that page but thatā€™s the only one that loads for me. Notice how it says ā€œ1 more messageā€ at the end of the post.

This is Firefox 4. Seems to work fine in IE.

While the main search input works, ā€œSearch This Forumā€ doesnā€™t work at all for me, also the ability to search a thread is completely gone, and I feel that itā€™s a very important feature. Another thing with the search is you canā€™t search for Dee Jay because both strings are too short, and adding quotes to it doesnā€™t work. And for example if you search ā€˜Dee Jay Matchupā€™, as of now the first result is a thread about the Taskmaster matchup and team building. This will of course apply to anyone with a 3 letter name like Ryu, Ken, Yun, etc.

This isnā€™t as important but I hope there will be more styles to choose from because aspects of the current ones really bug me like the lack of borders, makes things feel unstructured to me, all floaty. I donā€™t know if thatā€™s supposed to make it feel more like twitter or facebook or whatever, but it isnā€™t very forum like.

even after i unchecked the box under settings > preferences ā€œAutomatically watch threads that you create or when you replyā€¦and receive email notifications of repliesā€, I still be getting emails when someone replieed to my watched threadsā€¦ How do I make that stop?

The ability to edit thread titles plzkthx

Also, can we expect the 5 image limit to be lifted at all? itā€™s really something that hurts areas that have FAQs and tutorials.