Official NEW Alternate Costume Thread

I assumed it would’ve worked like Tekken and Guilty gear on the PSP. Those games only need 1 disc, and the information is all cranked out on one machine. Except in this case, the only thing that needs to change is the model and textures.~ (and not the skeleton or animations)

Yeah, I don’t want to buy them, but I’m probably going to be a sucker and get them once there’s a cheaper “all characters” pack. Makoto’s arms are making get into chicks with muscles lol.

Yes, the costumes are technically on the disc. They did the same thing for Vanilla.

It doesn’t bother me because they’re purely cosmetic - it’s not like Capcom is forcing us to pay money to unlock characters. And if your argument is “Well, it’s on the disc so why do we have to pay for it?!” the answer is simple: Capcom likes money. They sold you a full-fledged game for $40 and offer some cool-looking (in most cases) costumes for a little extra.

My beef is that DLC is suppose to expand the game (an opinoin/P.O.V., I know) but when it’s already on the disc, it doesn’t seem like an expansion, as it could have just shipped unlocked making the game have even more going for it. Instead we get an obvious grab at money, where we could have gotten an obvious add to quality.

As I said~ I’ll probably play the part of the sucker and get them anyway. If Mak, Sakura, Juri and Ibuki came as a pack then I’d get it and call it a day lol.

Lol just remember where i’ve yet seen Ken’s alt

http://totallylookslike.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/cowboy-elf-totally-looks-like-owen-wilson.jpg

I’m pretty sure I might have seen Chun’s alternate 2 in Super Gem Fighter…

Kind of nitpicky I guess, but Deejay’s alt does have MAXIMUM… it’s just on the back of the pants.

You can see it when he does his upkicks.

Hello everybody, my first post here.
Just to note: Honda’s alt is a reference to an historical japanese cinema/tv series, Otoko wa tsurai yo (“It’s tough being a man”), about the adventures of the protagonist Tora-san, always unlucky with women. See Wikipedia for details. Just compare:

http://kubonne.img.jugem.jp/20090424_1021985.jpg
If I recall right, those references to Tora-san on a sumotori began with Tekken’s Ganryu and his bad luck with Michelle/Julia; but don’t forget that Honda had an unrequited love for Chun-Li in Street Fighter II’s first manga adaptation by Masaomi Kanzaki. Not strictly canon, but that’s it.

Sorry if this was already asked, but any word on when the XBL avatar costumes will be up? I saw a screenshot of them maybe three weeks ago, but nothing up yet that I can see.

http://www.themexbox.com/

Just got my Super Classic pack. All of you are jealous.

How can I get alternative costume for Ryu?(not the new costume made in super, the costume in SF4)

I’ve got mine too, but I don’t plan to use the code for it because I don’t play any of the five characters that it gives me costumes for. Nor do I like their new costumes.

I want Hakan’s! But I plan wait for the full SSF4 cast costume pack.

But, um, it’s free. Why not just use it?

If you don’t want use it,i will be not offended if you give to me the code :smiley:

As reward i can edit my SRK sign into “Proud fan of RPGsFTW” :smiley:

Ahh, I see. I’ll edit the original post to reflect that. This is what I get for playing on a standard def TV… can’t see little details like that.

Thanks a ton for the info! It took me a second but I can for sure see the similarities, especially the necklace. I’ll be sure to include that with my Honda description, but I’m only filling out the details as the packs are released (so I can detail them by seeing them for myself). :tup:

Answer:

Not me. Had mine since like a day after Super came out. I been throwing on them stylish shades with Guile for over a week now. :cool:

Are you seriously trying to make him use something he doesn’t want to instead of trying to coax him into giving it to you?

But I dont have SF4. How do I get them without SF4?
But I have the PC version, will it carry over from there?

You get them the same way you get any other costumes for the console games - the Xbox Live Marketplace or PSN Store. Just go through the dashboard. The costumes for SFIV will be under the Street Fighter IV section, NOT the Super SFIV section, so make sure you check the right page. The costumes only carry over from the same console, so your PC costumes will not transfer to your system.

blankas new alt looks awesome in motion.

I was dissapointed with guys alt… unless theres some reference im missing.

If anyone else has a pre-order code they don’t want to use it would be appreciated if you could send it to me in a private msg. I don’t wanna wait 2 months to use blankas new alt! I’ll put ur name in my sig if u want

:slight_smile:
Shameless, i know.