ADUF- Air dash up forward
[land] - Character lands from the air
[delay] - slight dead time between inputs
[TAC HIT] - The initial hit that a character comes in from an exchange

:l::m::h::s::atk::a1::a2:
:b::ub::u::uf::f::df::d::db:…
IF IT JUST SAYS j:m:, IT MEANS IT’S 2 HITS BY DEFAULT

Character size notations:
(s) - Small character (RR, Joe, Ammy, etc)
**(m) **- Medium character (Wesker, Nova, Vergil, etc)
**(l) **- Large character (Dormammu, Doom, Strange, etc)
(xl) - Xtra Large character (Sentinel, Nemesis, Hulk)
What is extremely unique about doctor doom’s infinites is the fact that you can make adjustments on the spot for different sized characters using visual cues and spacing your j. ms intelligently.

A. Introduction
1)What is a team arial combo?
A team arial combo is a feature in mvc3 that lets you exchange characters with no penalty. It is a very good option if you need to crack up some more damage and although hated by many players, tacs bring very unique options.

1. How can doctor doom take advantage of TACS?
    Doctor doom is perhaps the easiest character to “style” with during a TAC. The reason his crazy combos work during team arial combos is due to the fact that all hitstun deterioration is ignored while in the air, and until the player performing the tac touches the ground. This means that many combos that would normally not work, work during the tac state. Doctor doom can take advantage of the TAC state by extending the duration that he is in the air using flight, air dashes, plasma beams, etc.

2. What is a tac infinite and how does it work?
    Right before evo 2012, someone discovered a flaw in the tac combo system. (A flaw in a capcom fighter, surprising isn’t it?) Basically, if you land a normal and land on the ground during the hitstop of a normal then rejump immediately, the tac state will be stored, and it will ignore the fact that you touched the ground. This means you can rejump and do a full jump loop. Now to take it a step further, if you land on the hitstop of a normal during that jump loop, you will continue to preserve the tac state. This leads to easy infinites out the ass. Here is a good explanation of the tac infinite by Eviltoaster

Spoiler

[media=youtube]92O1x2jdJws[/media]

B. The correct version
This was the first (?) variation found for a doctor doom infinite, and to this day people keep linking me this video. The truth of the matter is that this variant is useless as the TAC “whiff” produced to cause a groundbounce CAN be countered. Do not use this version.

don’t use this

Spoiler

[media=youtube]dZZku6LQ_Ao[/media]

Here is the correct infinite that has no counter whiff. The starters are optional as there are much easier ones. Continue reading to find the starter that best suits you!
CORRECT INFINITE
The basic idea is that you want to combo into the laser gun very close to the ground. The way you want to check if you are low enough is to see if you can air dash up. If you cannot, you are low enough. Once you combo into the butter gun, you want to link a j. L as low as possible so that you land on the hitstop. After that, you want to immediately jump and do this:
[j:l:j:m:j:m::qcb::s: (flight) J:m:j:m:AD j:m:j:m:AD j:m:j:m:ADD j:m: j:m: j:h: [delay] j:l: [land] rejump] (repeat in brackets)

C) Setups
This is by far the most important section of this entire thread. Without a starter for the infinite, there is no infinite. In this section, I will rate each starter between 1, 2, and 3 in terms of difficulty.The easiest ones are probably the ones that should be played with first as they produce the same infinite that will end in a one touch kill if executed properly.

Easy

Spoiler

Difficulty=1
Corner down: Basic Starter
ADDF, :qcb::s: (flight), [delay], j. :m: j. :m:, AD. j. :m: j. :m:, ADD j. :m: j. :m: j. :h:,[slight delay]
j:l: , land, begin infinite
Tips: When you air dash down then cancel into flight, wait until they are at your level of elevation for the first j. :m:.
Space your j. :m:'s so that the j. :h: hits them at either exactly your elevation or right above you. This ensures that the laser hits enough times to allow you enough time to land on the hitstop of the jump L. This tip is universal for almost all forms of the infinites.

Corner Up: Basic Starter
J :s: (footdive), [delay], :qcb::s: (flight), [delay], j. :m: j. :m:, AD. j. :m: j. :m:, ADD j. :m: j. :m: j. :h:,[slight delay] j:l: , land, begin infinite
Tips: Footdive until you are at the right elevation. This will quickly become easy to understand. You want to be at the same elevation that you were during the down variant listed above. Then you want to flight and wait until they are at your elevation to land the first medium.

Corner Side: Basic Starter
ADDF+Whiff j:l:, :qcb::s:, [delay], j. :m: j. :m:, AD. j. :m: j. :m:, ADD j. :m: j. :m: j. :h:,[slight delay] j:l: , land, begin infinite
This is essentially the same thing as the other 2. You just want to practice landing at the right height to cancel into flight to begin the starter.

Hard

Spoiler

Difficulty=3
Corner down: Advanced Starter (credits: rokmode)
j. :l:j. :l: j. :m: (1 hit) j. :m: (1hit):qcf::l:j. :l::f::h:j. :l: j. :l: ADUF j. :l:j. :l: j. :m: j. :m::qcb::s:(flight) [j. :m:j. :m:adf] repeat in bracketsx3, j:h: j:m:(1hit) j:m:(1hit):qcf::l:, [delay], j. :l:, begin infinite
Tips: It’s like a normal extended tac flight combo except you want to link the j. :l: on the hitstop just like with the normal buttergun starter. This can be a lot more difficult as the link is harder to spot, but with practice it becomes quite easy.

Corner up: Advanced Starter (credits: rokmode)
[delay], j. :m: j. :m:, :qcf::l:j. :l::f::h:j. :l: j. :l: ADUF j. :l:j. :l: j. :m: j. :m::qcb::s:(flight) [j. :m:j. :m:adf] repeat in bracketsx3, j:h: j:m:(1hit) j:m:(1hit):qcf::l:, [delay], j. :l:, begin infinite
Tips: You want to make sure you are at the right elevation when you do the first plasma beam. You have a lot of time to wait to initiate the first j. :m:.

Corner side: Advanced Starter: (Original tac credits: ???___ I found this in the doom thread and essentially just added a jump light instead of doom rocks to start the infinite)
[delay], j. :m: (1), add, [delay], j. :m: (1), :qcf::l:, j. :m:, :qcb::s: j. :l: j. :l: j. :m:(1), aduf, j. :l: j. :l: j. :m: (1), adf, j. :l: j. :l: j. :m:(1), aduf j. :l: j. :l: j. :m:(1) j. :m:, j:h: j:m:(1hit) j:m:(1hit):qcf::l:, [delay], j. :l:, begin infinite

MIDSCREEN DOWN

Spoiler

[media=youtube]wKldyi9KxRU[/media]
j:l:j:l:j:m:(1):f::h:adf j:m::qcb: :s:j:m: j:m: (pause until you are above them) adf j:m: j:m: addf j:m:(1) j:m:(1) :qcf::l: (pause) link j :l: [(land) j :l: j:m: j:m::qcb: :s:j:l:j:l:j:m:(1) adfj:l:j:m: adupj:m:(1) addfj:m:(1):qcf::l:(pause) link j :l:]
Tips: During the starter, you want to delay the jump m’s so that you are above their body. This makes it so the plasma beam hits underneath them and reduces the pushback

MIDSCREEN UP

Spoiler

[delay] j:m:(1), add, j:m:(1), :qcf::l: , [delay], j:m: :qcb: :s:j:m: j:m: (pause until you are above them) adf j:m: j:m:addf j:m:(1) j:m:(1) :qcf::l: (pause) link j :l: [(land) j :l: j:m: j:m::qcb: :s:j:l:j:l:j:m:(1) adfj:l:j:m: adupj:m:(1) addfj:m:(1):qcf::l:(pause) link j :l:]

MIDSCREEN SIDE

Spoiler

j:l:j:l:j:m:(1)j:m:(1) :qcf::l::f::h:[delay], addf, j:m:, :qcb: :s:j:m: j:m: (pause until you are above them) adf j:m: j:m:addf j:m:(1) j:m:(1) :qcf::l: (pause) link j :l: [(land) j :l: j:m: j:m::qcb: :s:j:l:j:l:j:m:(1) adfj:l:j:m: adupj:m:(1) addfj:m:(1):qcf::l:(pause) link j :l:]

D. Variations

E. Enders

F. Resets

G. Misc
Inspirational video:

[media=youtube]Kbwg5DCg9PI[/media]

Fucking great thread, much appreciated.

I saw your video of the mid screen up TAC infinite in the Doom combo thread and you did a side switch. I was wondering if that’s necessary since you didn’t mention it in the notations here.

Yes, it is

I have a little question why a cant land this one on superskrull every time i do the air light plasma b.
He goes down
Corner down: Advanced Starter (credits: rokmode) j. :l:j. :l: j. :m: (1 hit) j. :m: (1hit):qcf::l:j. :l::f::h:j. :l: j. :l: ADUF j. :l:j. :l: j. :m: j. :m::qcb::s:(flight) [j. :m:j. :m:adf] repeat in bracketsx3, j:h: j:m:(1hit) j:m:(1hit):qcf::l:, [delay], j. :l:, begin infinite Tips: It’s like a normal extended tac flight combo except you want to link the j. :l: on the hitstop just like with the normal buttergun starter. This can be a lot more difficult as the link is harder to spot, but with practice it becomes quite easy.

If you land the plasma beam correctly, it will cause a soft knockdown which means that skrull will fall slowly to the ground. Now, you have to link the j. L as you fall down on the hitstop of it. It works just like the buttergun setups except you have more time to react, but it can also be more difficult at the same time. I will try to make a video if it.

Ok thanks :wink: but theres some difference or something cuz i even record that part and skrull and cap. a. fall before i can even do my (L) but i really love to see some vids to see what its wrong thanks pal

Rokmode or anyone else who can answer this: Why is it that sometimes my falling j.L (last hit in each rep) doesn’t bring HSD back, and other times it does?

Sometimes I’m do falling j.L > [land] j.L and the second L resets them, indicating that I fucked up. But I don’t see how exactly. It just seems random I: I

It’s a link. You have to wait. Practice it, and it will be incredibly easy.

Saw it. You have to wait till he actually begins to fall from the Phaser. Do it too soon, and it doesnt activate the glitch.

EDIT: corner Variation derived from Rokmode’s midscreen stuff on another thread:

Falling j.:l: > j.:l: > j.:m::m: xx Fly j:m::m: xx ad :f: j.:l::l::m: (1) xx ad:d: j.:m: (1) xx :l: Plasma beam > Falling j.:l:

You can do way more with it, ofc.

Also, for enders, you can use that marlinpie midscreen ender. j.M > Phaser xx S.Footdive > lvl3 / Rocks xx Sphere Flame because it works regardless of HSD

[media=youtube]3S4cFjvCa1w[/media]
Notice how after the first laser, the jump m into plasma beam forces a soft knockdown which i can jump l out of.

Forreal Doom’s infinites are the most flexible and fun ones to do.

So the j. M its what makes the softnockdown!?

nah, it’s the last hit of Plasma beam.

butter gun and plasma beam are pretty much the most reliable starters. I’m sure you could do something really stupid like linking a j. l out of finger lasers but
A. It would be more difficult and
B. The finger hit different sized characters at different angles

[media=youtube]iiV_Ex8TAPI[/media]

i found this to be very easy and lenient.

[media=youtube]quAVONF3bas[/media]
can anybody get this combo consistently? i’m having trouble getting H footdive ADUP jab to connect after the first plasma beam relaunch (they are too low)
any tips?

What i just did now to get it to work was pressing the 2 lows and mediums as fast as i could(not spamming it, just doing it fast) then forward footdive air dash up forward. Im still working on this so thanks for posting bro. Also you dont always have to follow the same combo, like i posted in the combo thread, you can start this off with an addf plasma beam.

[media=youtube]MGiNPJRnA80[/media]
damn man…
17m6s