Now you can become one of us. The Jill Valentine Team Building Thread

Jill-? /Wesker-? /Doom-? or Doom-?

Doom assists to cover Jill’s insane mixups, and once she gets in you can set up high/low unblockables with Wesker-? (I want to try turning some Jill combos into unblockable resets with Wesker-?). Already mentioned that you can DHC trick into Wesker Rhino Charge, also already mentioned that wallbounce assist from Jill allows Wesker to relaunch after OTG pistol. Doom is also just nice to have on point if needed later because he’s still versatile on point (Keepaway and rushdown options are both super-solid).

Jill/IronMan/Spencer…because there intro is boss! Oh and Iron Man does good coverage with his beam assist, and you can set up a few things with Spencers Armor Piercer assist. Also, Jill can have no fear using her MG Spray with an assist to open things up in the match because it crosses up nicely and places her in a launching position. The other great thing about Jill is that she and Iron Man doing the exchange glitch can build up a hell of a lot of meter. Even without it, Jill supports herself and then some. And we all know Spencer is dat anchor. :smiley:

Jill/Zero/Sent and Jill/Zero/Taskmaster are both teams that I am having fun with now. Jill/Zero/Sent is very dangerous, the all DHC together pretty great and Sent helps Jill and Zero’s teleports. The dangerous thing is that if Jill lands any hits near a corner, you can DHC into Zero out of Jill’s srk super to do the DHC trick and kill a character.

Some things I’ve noticed so far that you can use the DHC trick with for Raven Spike that aren’t in the default list:

Hsien-ko: Chireitou (cancel immediately after last hit)
Tron: King Servbot (cancel Raven Spike before last hit but after the camera pans up)

Chireitou is a better option than super armor because super armor prevents you from gaining meter during the follow-up combo.

Crossposting somewhat from the Hsien-ko boards, but Hsien-ko/Jill/xxx is probably a good team. Super-armored pendulum is helpful to anyone, but especially fragile characters. Doom with missiles is one possible third character that also has good synergy with Hsien-ko, or for example Hsien-ko (pendulum)/Tron(gustaff flame)/Jill (arrow kick) will give you heavy damage off of just about anything.

Primarily because, if Jill is second, Hsien-ko can do a midscreen combo into her swords hyper, raw tag to Jill, and then Jill still has time to dash up and connect Raven Spike and DHC back to Hsien-ko with scaling reset, in which case you’re guaranteed to be at the corner by then, where Hsien-ko’s combo abilities improve greatly. Or, with the Tron team with Jill in the 3rd spot, when Hsien-ko raw tags to Jill, the team order becomes Jill/Tron/Hsien-ko and then you can DHC Raven Spike into King Servbot for a beefy meter-building Tron combo afterwards.

Tron’s also good at adding damage to combos and building meter via aerial exchanges - exchange to Tron, get the knockdown, and then OTG with cr.H -> f+H while calling either assist for the followup combo. Also one of the characters that’s good at baiting S mashing because her S still ground-bounces even if you allow the combo to reset.

With MBL team, how should I go about projectile heavy teams? Should I make Wesker on point in the beginning so I can get in via teleports?

So Tron is an anchor then? Don’t know, Wesker if definitely a better choice for projectile based teams, but how are you gonna fight with Tron last? I’m not a Tron expert, but it doesn’t look like she can win alone.

I know about both, but I thought you cannot continue the combo outside of corner with King Servbot, but you’re right, cancelling Raven Spike on the 6th hit does the trick. Can’t find a follow-up after Chireitou at mid screen though, and I don’t think wasting 3 bars doing Chireitou> tag in Jill> Raven Spike> Chireitou is a smart move, Hsien-Ko needs to be the one who you DHC into initially. It does work in the corner though.

So should I have the team as Jill/Tron/Wesker? At least that way, I can get Tron on point with Wesker as anchor, or Wesker on point with Jill as anchor.

To be honest, I’m quite sure what I need to do with this team just yet. I don’t feel very comfortable with most of the projectile characters save for Trish and Taskmaster so I’m wondering if I should swap Tron for one of these two, but then I lose that fire assist I’ve come to love so much.

Jill ?/Sentinel ?/Akuma ?

This team utilizes almost every dirty trick in the book. From DHC scaling reset to sickeningly ambiguous cross-up and high-low barrages.

Jill can call either assist and use her gun super to OTG and reset a combo and will at worst be safe. With two amazing pressure assists, Jill can freely play her remarkable mixup game once she’s in, and can combo off of her instant overhead with either assist. Each character can further their combos with each other character’s assist in an intuitive manner.

What’s more, this team boasts three characters with amazing comeback potential in most match-ups. This team also deals well with any specific team gimmick that comes to mind (including phoenix, boasting both Akuma’s tatsu and beam super along with Jill’s powerful new gun hyper).

I’m positive this team will be around for quite a long time. It’s sickeningly powerful.

The way it worked out when I tested it for quite a while yesterday was like this:

If your back is to your own corner, you can do this combo as Hsien-ko to start:

(whatever) st:m: cr:h: :f::h:+(Arrow kick assist) :dp::m: (whiffs) (attack while falling) j:m: j:s: st:m: cr:h: st:s: :uf: j:m: j:m: j:s: (land) :qcf::atk::atk: -> raw tag, etc.

And even if you were in your own corner, the combo will send the opponent to the opposite corner so that you can follow up after the Raven Spike -> Chireitou DHC.

That’s a good basic meterless/1-meter combo regardless, but if you were closer to midscreen at the start, you won’t be able to do the DHC trick afterwards because you won’t get full hits of Chireitou. In that case you just do the regular ground series -> air series -> Chireitou instead, and you should be able to get the corner combo after Raven Spike -> Chireitou.

If you were too close to the enemy corner to use Chireitou, it’s sometimes possible to use the arrow kick assist to switch sides and launch them in the other direction. At that point you might be better off just keeping the corner position, though.

So,

• Too close to corner for Chireitou: switch sides, or just do regular combos
  • Midscreen: ground series -> air series -> Chireitou -> DHC trick
  • Too close to own corner: extended ground series -> air series -> Chireitou -> DHC trick

Of course, if you have an appropriate 3rd character you can just go to that character instead in corner combos. I’d probably aim for aerial exchange in that situation on the team with Tron on it.

I also found out while testing this stuff that it’s possible to call the same assist twice in a combo under some circumstances, if I do that extended ground combo with Jill 3rd, then go Chireitou -> raw tag Raven Spike -> DHC King Servbot, then I could call Jill again, but I couldn’t call Hsien-ko at all after that point. It still wouldn’t wallbounce again though.

Oh, I think you were asking for a followup if you start out with Jill midscreen and DHC to Chireitou. You have a lot of time after Chireitou to do whatever you want, especially since this one is closer to the opponent than Chireitou is usually used. You can probably raw tag back to Jill, wavedash in and combo.

But a simple one that doesn’t involve tagging off Hsien-ko is dp+H (whiffs) and then j.M j.S while falling, land, st.M cr.H -> launcher -> aircombo. It adds about 400k after the Raven Spike with room to add more if you use more meter.

Jill and Akuma are two characters I’ve been using as well. The gimmicks they pull together are pretty sick.

Yeah, I’m not a big fan of Hsien-ko, didn’t even thought about using :dp:+:h: on whiff. I don’t think tagging in Jill is a good idea though, outside of rare cases when you have full health.

This is the team i’ve been using since Jill was released. My order is Jill/Akuma/Sentinel.

My original team was Magneto/Akuma/Sentinel.

The problem is… I’m not sure if Jill has the tools to be as versatile/as effective as Magneto for my point character. I hope a top player like Justin shows what she can really do. I’ll keep trying though.

not sure if you just haven’t updated the first post, but there’s no real point to DHCing raven->ammy lv.3…you can just do the mist super and get just as much if not more damage due to the DHC trick…only problem is it’s kinda difficult to actually get the timing. Fortunately if ammy’s in reflector you can wait for 6 hits of spike, DHC into mist, stance switch to sword and immediately do 236L 4-5 times into…whatever you want

that said, jill/ammy is an absolutely sick combination. ammy has a great assist (for ANY character really more so for teleporters) and DHC’s pretty amazingly with jill, along with being a great character in general.

I’ll probably do something like:
Jill/ amaterasu/dorm
mostly because I like all three characters and I can’t figure out another character I really like that will work well with the first two

I haven’t gotten my hands on Jill yet but does anyone have more input on the Jill/Tron/Ammy team that was mentioned on the first page? That’s the team that I want to try out first.

What assists would work in a team of Jill/Chris/Wesker? I know Wesker’s B assist is a must so what assists should chris & Jill use in this team?

Chris’s mine is pretty good with Jill, but then again, Wesker B can get the job done soon, so I’d with Gun Fire M. Jill’s arrow kick is pretty useful for any team.

While it’s a pity you have to sacrifice the flight and the disruptor, I think your new team will pay off in a lot of ways. It’s just a real pain to cancel every thing with down down S. I must look crazy when I’m playing Jill. I move my stick as much as zangief scrubs.

Anyhow, consider putting the robot second for a cheap DHC damage scale reset or the ability to kill two characters more easily than with Akuma. (it can definitely be done with Akuma second, just not as simply)

No reason to use Mine if you already have Wesker ? on the team. Chris’s Gunfire is infinitely better for the team because it lock the opponent for a long time and allows teleport shenanigans.

Also, the Jill - ?/Sentinel - ?/??? looks to be a ridiculously good team setup, even though I don’t like using him.

I feel like Jill and Wesker are a great combo, fast OTG assist, DHC trick, etc.
The last slot varies. I actually really like Chris there (Plus you get the STARS team)
Just wondering though…what’s the best way to use Jill-B assist on this team? Just throw it out there? It seems dangerous to just go for it.