"Nothing like a good workout!" Paul Combos and Framedata (v2013)

Also HK shredder, f.MP, far s.HP xx PS.

[429] Mortar, HK Shredder, s.hp xx Smasher
[584] Mortar, HK Shredder, s.hp xx Super Art
713] Mortar, HK Shredder, Cross Art (w/ Hugo as partner)

HAHAHAHA off a random Mortar Counter hit xD

edit:
you’re right cl.hk is easier for mid screen

Seriously, HK Shredder needs to be nerfed. the midscreen combo does more damage then his corner juggle >_>
You get less meter tho, but still - it’s ridicoulsy. There is no variation all, HK Shredder is the superior option for EVERYTHING.

Holy crap HK Shredder combos are crazy. I understand why they nerfed the meter gain on hit.

[577] EX Sway, LP Mortar, HK Shredder, Super Art
>_> MORTAR IS INSANE TOO, BOT HOLY CRAP BOTH IN COMBINATION lol.

EX Mortar crossing up might have been a false alarm. My apologies :frowning:

I didn’t expect this to work. I guess Paul’s Super Arts had its juggle potential increased from 4 to 5 like PS did.

EDIT:

j.MK -> cl.st.HP -> cr.MP xx Raze -> HK Shredder -> cl.st.HK xx Super Art for 552 damage

cl.st.HP -> cr.MP link too difficult? Don’t you worry. j.MK -> cl.st.HP xx HK Shredder -> HK Shredder -> delay -> Super Art for 544 damage lolol

For now, I can say that Paul got much better than I thought he would.

Yes. Only Cross Art doesn’t combo after the new BNB.

Lucky PS3 Owners… :frowning:

[413] MP Sway, c.mp xx Raze, HK Shredder, cl.hk xx Smasher
…crushes low… footsie here I come!

Damn, HK Shredder for the win!!

When thinking only about the damage, HK Shredder is really good, but we do have to remember that the whole Shredder gains less meter than a medium strength normal on hit, so if we need meter more than anything else, we’ll end up using other combos instead.

Don’t you dare to question HK Shredder Ò_Ò - it’s your new master. KNEEL AND OBEY! All hail HK Shredder!

Seriously tho, HK Shredder makes Paul a lot more boring. =/

I think I’m done for tonight. Check to see what I found new. When I come back online tomorrow I want to see even more broken new tech :stuck_out_tongue:

cl.mp, c.hp is sooo easy now. I think I’ll use that as to go combo-starter, since cl.hp, c.mp does only 10 more damage for the risk of dropping the combo (1 frame link).

Probably not the place to post it, but since this thread was getting the love…I am in fucking love with CH Smasher :smiley:

Can you think of an actual use for it though?

Use for what? Smasher? I usually just threaten with it at certain spacings in footsies. It can still be really hard to punish in circumstances, and plus people have to stay still and be really careful seeing as how it does fucking 230 dmg now. So spacing, tag cancel set ups, combos…lots of uses?

I really didn’t care though and was speaking strictly on the awesome animation

if it hasn’t changed, it’s still highly save on tag cancel and therefore has a decent risk \ reward ratio if you switch cancel it.

HK Shredder is not the best option after a tag in => super! ahhh yeah!

[LEFT][523] Launcher, c.hp xx MP Mortar, Super Art[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]Strict timing and only does 2 mighty damage more then your hk shredder combo…[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]the combo is also superior if you combo into super. then you still use hk shredder as your launcher tho:[/LEFT]
[LEFT][574] cl.hp xx HK Shredder, c.hp xx MP Mortar, Super Art[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]

far s.hp xx LP Sway is a legit way to fish for counter hits and it’s rather save. depending on what the opponent does you can cancel LP sway into Mortar, Raze or Smasher. if far s.hp is a counter hit, you have all the time on the world to combo into mortar (you don’t need to cancel the sway) for a quick 465 damage.

New Paul player here, n loving the changes. Been looking at u guys posts n trying the combos posted.
Paul is going to be a keeper in my team as my second, wanna ask u guys some questions…

So seeing how paul got a good AA good damage off of tag in sway is so good for footsies as u said zukuu, who would be a good point for Paul? And what would u say is his weak points although he got buffs.
I have Nina on point right now but i wanna switch, btw im getting 517 with only one tag in with Paul -_- so after that combo a good mix up with Paul and its game over O_o.

That 1 frame link is toooo annoying for my taste, its too risky so again i’ll be using cl.mp. c.hp Raze etc.

Btw the plan for my team is to get big damage with one tag in and mix up with Paul on knock down (simple), but my point have to be able to deal with zoning and Pauls weaknesses…

You just answered your own question :smiley:
Any zone character will do imo, choose whichever zone character you like and you’re good to go :wink:

EDIT: oops, I misunderstood u I think, thought u meant a character who can zone well, but u meant a character who is good against zoners.
Well Paul his mountain raze looks a lot faster, so I think he can deal with zoners pretty good. But if u still need someone who can deal with zoners, and cover his weaknesses, then I would chose Dudley as his partner.
Dudley is freakishly fast in this game >.<

I have no clue. Didn’t leave Traning Mode yet. :smiley:
On paper, his backdash \ backwalk. Slow Footsie tools (c.mk 7F), still worst a2a in the game. forward dash has still no range (even tho it’s hella quick now). So overall, his mobility (like it’s intended).

I think paul goes well with any keep away character \ chain-heavy characters. since you can now launch right back into your team mate after a launcher with him, that makes it even better.You’re on the right track to tackle Paul’s weaknesses, so a zoner (Sim, Guile etc) or footsie character (Chun, Poison etc) would cover that. The question is, does Paul cover their weaknesses? :stuck_out_tongue: I think Nina x Paul is a legit team. Then again, you can probably just play whoever you like and make it work. So go just with what you feel like and see if it works out.