Norcal 9 commentators

If we were there then we wouldn’t be listening to the commentary, derpheads.

if you got banned blame chindogg. that guy was banning everyone for no reason…i was letting the trolling rock as long as u didnt spam links

also if you guys want better commentary then i would have to say in this instance “fuck you pay me” until then stay free :slight_smile:

I do.

Thats really bad since mark man makes me run for the brain slug

Moving on
So kryonik is caturday like black friday,mooley monday or nigga tuesday?

Caturday is any day you want it to be.

Clearly it’s up to the commentators to spend hours on every game explaining why random player x pressed cr.LK at the 46 second mark instead of cr.LP right? Get the fuck out of here.

In regards to “I don’t need someone to tell me what is happening”:

I am inclined to agree with you, but you guys have to realize that when that kind of commentary is going on, it’s not particularly FOR you. Explaining the intricacies of what is going on before, during, or after a match is for people that do not know everything there is to know about X game and/or Y match up. It’s safe to say a majority of the people that watch fall into that category of people. They could just be new to the game, not that great at it, or maybe don’t play it but are interested in it. That’s the reason for that kind of commentary, and really, that’s just the best way of going about it. If you don’t want to hear that kind of commentary since you are apparently a master of the game and know everything that is going on, then what kind of commentary DO you want to hear? Nothing at all? Mindless screaming that tries to create hype when nothing particularly crazy or hype is going on? A lot of people complaining about the commentary don’t even know what kind of commentary they DO want.

The best kind of commentary, IMO, is the “straight man” and “color/hype man” commentary duo. Chemistry is important as well.

The only kind of commentary I have a problem with is mindless screaming that tries to create hype when no hype is there. It’s one thing to get hype over when someone makes an amazing play or things are very tense, but getting hype and screaming “SO AND SO GETTING BODIED FOR FREEEEEEEEEEEE” when the other player isn’t even doing anything particularly special is just a waste.

So it breaks down to, “I don’t like the commentary because it’s all hype and very little substance”.

Really? REALLY?

Do you honestly think that guys that do the streaming are so easily excitable that they scream over nothing?

Or…And this may be something some of you may be too proud to admit, but did so inadvertently because of your comments…

But…do you think that they notice the intricacies, subtle moves or strategies and are reacting to them? Being that they know the game better than a lot of you, do you think it’s possible that you’re not getting hype because you know less than you think about what you’re acrisply watching?

I’ve seen folks get hype over a well-placed normal. I’ve seen folks get hype over a well-timed block. I’ve seen folks get hype over a whiff punish. To the untrained eye, these seem like random normals or random button pressing, but if the commentators had to explain why they were getting hype before they were allowed to do so, just so you could join in on the festivities and front like you knew too, then the match would all be over before the first comment could be made.

A lot of things are commentated upon without hand-holding, and yet you take it for granted because you have some semblance of knowledge about what you’re watching. Do you know what causes an illegal defense in basketball? What’s a crosscheck? Illegal formation? Those are all things that happen all the time, but if bob costs had to explain every intricacy of the game, there’d be no real-time commentating. With that being said, gain some experience on the scene, background on the players, their tendencies and the characters they play and how they play them…then maybe you could join in on the fun. As it stands, you’re acting like stuck-up bitches who came to a party and are mad that no one’s noticing you. Newsflash…youre not a big deal, and if you wantto stand I’m the back of the room, that’s cool, but don’t expect the whole party to stop because you don’t know what the fuck it’s for.

Btw, this new site is bullshit on an iPhone. Why the fuck is the background a tracker and why is my font white? It’s makes it hard as fuck to know if I’m typing correctly.

Also, they’re getting hype because they’re watching their friends. If you don’t get excited for watching your friends do some ridiculous shit, then you’ve got some no-talent friends.

Commentary and streaming is a thankless job apparently. You should be thankful they gave you something to watch during the weekend.

If IPW, Spooky, 8wayrun, LevelUp are in here, I thank you with entirety of my heart. I don’t have the funds to donate at the time, sorry, I’ll be sure to once I can. You guys are the hardest working people in the scene, being players and fans themselves along with paying for the equipment you use and traveling. All the time spent setting shit up at the venue for both the players and the viewers at the venue and home, being able to work with limited internet and doing whatever you can to get an image and sound out there to stream land.

Thank you to commentators at these events volunteering their time and voices to the stream. You guys could be off somewhere else talk with friends or sitting in the crowd or off drinking somewhere but you guys hit up the booth and talk to the hundreds or thousands in streamland.

Haters, say I have low standards, I could not give more than two shits that you think I should expect more from a free service. People doing shit selflessly deserve the thanks. If it weren’t for these guys, we’d be stuck searching youtube for any vids of matches recorded on any device and hope that they don’t end up getting taken down. If you think you can do better, show up and do better then. Until then, shut up.

#FuckHaunts
Oni is banned
Shoutouts to shoutouts
Sup guys this is Spooky

Imo spooky streams are the best and have the best commentary both a mix of technical and hype. I found the NCR stream very annoying when seth wasent on. Also the fact that they didnt know wolfkrone won any other EVO series tournaments, random hate on Canada etc…

Saying we should be happy they gave us anything is the stupidest argument there is in this day and age. just like people saying stop bitching about psn being down you dont pay for it…that doesnt mean shit.

Streams are mandatory these days and if you are going to run one please have good people commentating.

lol, streaming isnt “mandatory.”

i had no problems with the stream. if ppl hate the commentary so much, just mute. All i ask for in a stream is decent quality and readable fonts.

It’s such a stupid argument, you can’t even articulate a point as to why they’re mandatory.

Nominating for scrub quotes.

“Streams are mandatory”?

I’d like to nominate this for multiple post of the year categories, including most ignorant, most indicative of experience and least amount of scene history shown in the least amount of words.

Congratulations, bro, I wish we all got BMW’s when we were 16.

What are you going to do as an alternative then? Go to the event? (Yeah right) Stick your thumb up your ass and look for replays on ssf4 channel?

Overall, I think this is more proof that if the scene gets bigger, there will be an even bigger disconnect between the people who live and breathe on justin.tv and the people who actually go to tournaments. So much that it’d be more appropriate not to include stream monsters as part of the scene or community. Scene implies a personal connection with people, not products.

That is -exactly- how I feel about professional commentators on TV. They are never worth listening to unless they have a good voice like Marv Albert. In which case again, it’s not at all about what he’s saying but how he’s saying it. Which is why I don’t care for James Chen or Ultradavid at all.

How are they not? in an age where most people play on the internet why would a major not be required to have a stream? even the shittiest venues have internet…

also you guys know nothing about me or my scene so please don’t assume anything. I go to tournaments every week, with bigger ones every 2 months i am by no means a stream monster.

I am just saying, try and have any major nowadays without a stream and see what happens.

Do they have streams? I hear they’re mandatory.

Sorry if you guys couldnt understand i was talking about majors…

i believe that’s checkmate.

haha! what does one have to do with the other? you PLAY online, so you should be able to WATCH online? just shut the fuck up and stay walking down the block to your friend’s house so you can have your 2-man “tournament”.