Norcal 9 commentators

educate me please. what happens when a major nowadays doesn’t have a stream?

Mr. X asks you a reason why they’re mandatory, and you circle around…online play? What I’m guessing you’re trying to say is that the world is very internet savvy now?

Although, everyone may use the internet, I could have sworn that tournaments were held for…the people who actually go to them.

Did you people not watch the stream?

Whoever that fat guy with the beard was, that person who was commentating was the reason the commentary was shit. It may have also been him and the other person next to him, sadly I was too annoyed to care which said which but here are some of the things they said that are just plain annoying…

“Ummm…Its really hard to get hype for AE…and I dont really like to play it”
“Wolfkrone placed very high on recent tournaments but has NOT WON ANY OF THEM”

What?? Its not hard to get hype for AE, he was just too biased towards Marvel to give a fk. If the guy didnt like AE, couldnt he just gtfo and not commentate? Also, as other people have mentioned, they barely knew the technical mechanics of the game which is FINE, if you dont really care about the game but honestly…If the commentators don’t like it, then just sit out. He didnt have to put AE on blast everytime he talked. The Wolfkrone quote just proves it. I mean, Krone won some very notable majors and only someone who doesnt give a fk Street Fighter will not know that…like this commentator. TLDR: The guy doesnt give a fk about SSF4AE, making for an awkward and annoying commentary.

By the way, I dont know if you guys noticed how much people complained about the commentary on stream but it was very noticeable that a lot of people did NOT enjoy it. That is in fact the first time I’ve seen people complain so much about commentary alone. Never happened on Spooky stream or LvL up or any other stream for that matter.

EDIT: I just remembered, they also said some very Xenophobic stuff (probably when they were talking about Daigo). I cant remember exactly what it was, but they definitely said something. Perhaps they also said some racists things as some people have pointed it out although I cant confirm that myself.

I’m not sure if this post was directed at me or not, but I’ll respond anyways.

What I meant when I said I don’t like commentary in which the casters are screaming and trying to create hype when there is nothing exciting going on is when it’s done for 90% of the match. No balance in anything. Just yelling and lots of it. There has to be a balance between being technical and being hype. Being excited over a well placed normal, a good block, or a whiff punish is fine, but let’s be real here. It’s not possible, as you’ve suggested, to process every little thing that is going on in a match. From what both players are thinking, what moves they throw out and why every single time, pixel perfect spacing, etc., there are so, SO many things going on at once from BOTH players that it’s not possible to process it all and get hype over every technical thing that is going on. If they’re doing it all the time, it’s not getting hype over every single technical aspect of the game, it’s just being loud for the sake of being loud.

Oddly enough, I happen to be watching UFC right now. This is probably a good example of good commentary. A good balance of technical commentary and hype. You don’t hear them screaming and yelling over every blocked strike, every feint, every defensive weave and head bob, every step the fighters make, etc. Mean… they COULD. Or at least pretend to be hype all the time… but that would just be annoying.

Keep in mind that I’m not talking about NCR9 commentary as I was there in person and could not hear the commentary on the stream. I’m just voicing my opinion about commentary in general.

The people who support the scene will show up like always, and the stream monsters will bitch like always.

Funny part is that Seth was right next to him, who a lot of people hold in high regard, and didn’t know about Wolfkrone’s winnings.

Are you really 33 years old?

I did watch the stream. Those two quotes came from the second day. Judging by your criticism “he put AE on blast everytime he talked” sounds like you only watched SSF4 finals for a bit and assumed that the entire stream was that. Everyone’s a critic but not everyone is a good critic.

Perhaps they also said some racists things as some people have pointed it out although I cant confirm that myself. <- that sounds totally credible

As far as seeing people complain about a spooky stream or levelup stream’s commentary, you haven’t been here long have you?

Fuck this thread

Magus and even haunts commentary is gdlk

• Norcal Regionals has the best intro vids every year

Fuck you, op

Agree with all of this, along with an earlier post. Hype is great, but explaining what is happening to the best of one’s ability is just as important (if not more so). Example: I try to watch Blazblue finals when I’m watching a major tournament. I don’t play Blazblue much at all (I have a copy of BBCT somewhere), but I like watching it, and its great to know what’s going on, and if the commentators aren’t explaining it, I lose interest.

<3 norcal streams

there’s a reason such a large population of america is obese or out of shape. no one wants to cook anymore. we’re all about that fast food. serve me now or lose my business. no one bothers to take time out to cook for themselves anymore. ya dig?

Hell Yea!

^Words of wisdom

I personally commentate for IPW a lot, and believe it or not I do look at every complaint and take it into account.

Honestly though, most of the complaints are **so stupid **that there is literally nothing to take from them. HOWEVER, you intellectual complainers, rejoice, it does get looked at.

Real talk though most of you guys JDK

The only bad part of the Norcal commentary was the hipster guy who kept going on about how much he smokes and how “norcal do”

Other than that, I thought it was fine

I agree x100. I don’t mind people who smoke, but keep personal life choices off the stream. No one cares if you smoke weed or if someone gave you a blunt outside. That really annoyed me while Magus was on stream, but besides that, his commentary was pretty decent. Everything else was okay and S-kill was obviously godlike. I didn’t like the MVC top 8 commentary though. They were overhyped for no reason.

did someone really make a thread about this? i thought the commentary was fine, how about YOU go do the commentary. I 100% guarentee you would get flamed to hell as well, cut people a break man, it’s not an easy task but then again there are thousands of people watching and you can’t please everyone. you are that to prove

p.s. this thread should not be in this section