Nintendo DS wifi goes live/DS wifi discussion... (with ALL friend codes)

I made a thread last night for trading friends codes. Apparently I did it too soon though since no one else had the game yet. Here’s a link:

http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103182

alright chair_home lets play

i’m trying to now… hope it works. you registered mine, too, right?

I’m under 'friends" says searching and I saw the “friend” icon appear … :s how do we connect??
\

yes I registered yours

Yeah, sorry about that, I started this a while ago when the wifi site went live, I tried to make it for the same purpose of your thread. I really don’t mind which one we use, but I’ll update this if other people use it. Do you mind if I put your code in this thread?

Xpac,
Yeah, I see you on my friends list. Maybe its not working cause we don’t have 4 people? I figured it would just use comp for the others… (you’re gone now?)

EDIT:
X, Lock me in on your friends list.

did you go to “friends” ??? … it says a friend is online but its not finding anyone its just searching ahhhhhh!!!

I’m under friends right now … and see the friend icon you’re the only friend I have added so it has to be you!!! but you’re not showing up in any of the “searching” boxes on the bottom screen … one of the orange lights on the left usually light up when it finds someone to play against … I see you in the friends roster too

and not sure what the LOCK icon means next to your name in the friends roster … default is “unlocked” … so I just leave it like that

How do you find your WEP?

x,
Lock it, it says on the manual that its to lock me into your friends list.

White Shadow,
You have to go into your router settings to do this. There’s a way to configure your router through a browser, look it up for your model. The easiest way to set up is to go to your router configuration (after you figure it out), then add your DS’s MAC address to access the router.

“you were disconnected from Nintendo WFC. Press the A Button to return to the menu. Error Code: 86420”

on a black screen that’s what happened … both screens are black and the top screen says that message in white text now … and the music even stopped … wtf :s

Edit: ok you’re LOCKED now!!!

hmm its not working I locked you … searching under friends … and it sjust searching … and the friend icon is flashing … blah !!! ??? :s

yeah, same with me… i wonder if it is cause we don’t have enough friends, haha. Should we just try to go onto “worldwide” and see if we connect?

yea I went there

but are you SURE you have to lock friends in??? I didn’t see it in the book …

one of us in worldwide and one of us in friends might work but theoretically we should both search friends and have it work …

yeah. on the last page of the mario kart manual, it talks about locking. i have two other friends that are on now, and i have them locked, and i have you, so this should work if we all do this at the same time… which is now. Haha. I’ll give it a few more tries to work, but it angers me.

nintendowifi.com says: Global Wi-Fi Service is experiencing intermittent problems

top right they have a flag/notice

ahh, that might explain it. We’ll try again later then. Thanks.

k cool, yea, np

All that locking does is prevent the friend (who is locked) from being deleted from the Friend list when the list limit is exceeded.

When you exceed the friend limit, a random friend is deleted to make room for the new one. Friends who are locked will not be deleted in this fashion.

So locking isn’t necessary for gameplay really.

It says though on the mario kart manual that it will increase the chance of you connecting with your friends.

Chair, fine with me.

Let me know if I can help you guys out with anything regarding WFC and such, since I’ve already had some experience with it.

I had no problems playing online before, yesterday I managed to fit in like 10 races and a few today … but now all of a sudden it just seems to be having technical difficulties … other message boards are hearing issues of too many people connecting at once now that the game is in everyone’s hands by this time … as soon as that code yellow goes back to code green on nintendowifi.com everything should be fine