ninja school

I’m not sure what you mean, because if their point char is in front of you after FS, c. rh in no way can hit just their AA and not their point char. It hits both or none because you have frame advantage (you’re on your feet already, the opponent is on the ground). just try it.

maybe you mean if they wait for you to attack then hit assist?

part 2 of avoiding mistakes

the first part was covering basic executional things to side step easy errors. This time around, I’ll explain strategy to avoid execution.

For the most part, this is all based around simple mid game strategy. If you’re up on life w\ strider, why teleport to set something up? simple answer. You don’t. Don’t put yourself in a position where its possible to run into something. For the most part, strider is a VERY good run away character once he has distance. If you see something unfolding that you don’t like, activate and stop it. Of course, running out of bar is a problem so use it wisely. J.fp and j.rh are execellent priority moves as well as s.fp and s.rh and even gram’s depending on the situation. Also, try not to lose sentinel. Drones make it very hard for opponent to approach strider so he’s a plus to his game.

The hardest part about mid game strategy for strider is when the team is behind on life. A smart opponent will make it HARD for you to set it up via run away or rush down. In this type of situation you simply have to outsmart your opponent. You have no dominating AA to stop the situation so spamming doom will just dig you further down the hole than you already are. If they run away, build bar on the ground and force them down. If they come @ you, block and counter out properly and only use doom when you’re positive you can cover him.

depending on what you know, strider only needs 1 hit to kill someone. Yea, I’m saying it. There are 1 hit kill pattern with strider that are almost impossible to block. Play patiently and pick your spot. Easier said than done but hey, @ least its possible.

Clockw0rk advanced strategy

Okay, I haven’t made any posts on this site because of the trouble I get every now and them from stupid scrubs and it honestly gets annoying, On my home turn though (Strider thread) I can feel safe because there are no losers here (with a rare exception). Today I feel productive, so here I go.

Now some players, when using Clockw0rk, have the debate on who to Start first on their team, Strider or Sentinel. Now me personally will always Start Sentinel. One reason is because Strider/Doom is more universal that Sentinel/Doom. So say I lose Sentinel quick, I still have Strider/ Doom with a bit of meter I got from Sentinel getting wasted. Strider is also harder to guard-break than Sentinel’s fat ass is. DHC into Orbs is better than DHC into HSF or orbs, rings, tag in my opinion. Plus don’t forget the infamous starting off with one special. There are some times when say an opponent is using scrub or Scrubclops and they start Cable, unless your Sentinel is elite, you’ll have to start Strider. Now again, you can do well, but if your Strider gets destroyed fast, you’re left with the lesser duo. It all has to do with who you feel comfortable using. This isn’t really a big of a deal.

Now on to some tips. When trapping, there are ways to utilize certain things. for example some have bought up ring control and dictating the orbs departure direction. Now in my opinion, I don’t think these are really that significant to try and control. Having to concentrate on too many factors while trying to keep an opponent locked down my be too overwhelming and may cause you to lose focus on the more important issues (example: an alpha counter, baits, block stun, guard cancels, etc) I believe for something like the orbs spliting is good to go for if you can get the extra, but to focus on getting is not a good idea because you’re altering the trap to go for it. Kick teleports are really good, they have faster startup than punch teleports but worst recovery. I only do them when I have orbs though. Sometimes if you teleport and they try to push block it, they’ll pull you into them when you appear ground level behind them. Some people also like push blocking you every time you try to teleport on them, keeping you out. You can teleport, HK slide, TK HK excalibur then teleport again so you’ll overwhelm them with forward moving moves. That’s a good idea against people that think they’re slick and do that. In the corner, Strider is really good for getting the hit. this is where you mix up high/low games and make them guess wrong. Because they have four things to guess. High, low, throw, or trap. Also you can jump off the wall and get yourself into the corner, this way your orbs will leave faster and some jackasses might pushblock, pushing you into the corner more and causing them not to move and get traped up free again.
Now as for Sentinel, jumping excaliburs are great against him when he push blocks you. He’s very big. if he flies, I like to SJ and do LK excalibur with mashing out rings then teleporting to him, it helps bring him down a lot of times. Another good trick against a pinned Sentinel is to keep jumping over him then back over again and again (with orbs of course) Since he’s so big, he’ll be in bad block stun. If you catch Sentinel in the infinite it’s nice to reorb because it does a lot of damage, but now, I think it’s a good idea to infinite until you gain two bars or more, then snap out, unblockable the next character and tag in your Sentinel, launch, LP, LP, RP stomp and go for sentinels corner unblockable to take a character out easy. Against cable, he’s really easy to catch with the instant overhead, and nice to get some extra damage/positioning. The master of magnetism is pretty easy to zoo up. whenever you get the chance, you should zoo him for a bit and build some extra meter before activating some orbs. Something nice to do every now and then against a Magneto in SJ mode is to call out Doom and short bomb. This hits a lot of people. After that you can cal bird, tigerxxactivate. Some good stuff that’ll frustrate Magneto players is teleporting backwards. I do it a lot and it works well. Like say you call drones and teleport backwards, he’ll have to get in against your zoo all over again.

Storm is tricky, but not that hard to lock down. She’s annoying because zooing her can result in typhoon into hail. That’s mad gay. Normal jumping in on her then teleporting is a good way to get in. Normal jumping gets you closer, and of course you don’t want to get hit, but in reality, Strider’s buttons can compete with her speed wise. It’s not a good idea to go in swinging jabs like crazy though. Just get in to punishing-hailstorm-distance and play it out from there. I don’t think anything is worth it across screen. Chasing her isn’t that great, but sometimes if you really want to, have the fisher-price orb activated. That way when you chase her and you get to the top, you can throw it to maintain a still position and then do gram to keep you there. Sometimes you’ll want to go for it, most of the times it’s just better to wait it out and build meter. Trashclops assist is annoying, but honestly, it’s not that big of a deal since he comes out in an angle. It’s a good idea to punish him when the chance comes because he takes damage bad for an assist. You’ll know your own holes, so just watch out for him there. Cyclops is very annoying if you have sentinel out on point. The block stun he dishes out on you is EXTREME. Sometimes if you’re with Strider and you want Cyclops to get erfed, jump over their character then jump back over the other side, they’ll get out of blockstun, mash him out, but he’ll get crossed up and you just hurt their assist, gained extra bar, and screwed them, haha.
Now, Sentinel. Sentinel/Doom is a really good team because of your ground coverage. It’s extremely awkward, so people seem to be frustrated in using it because it’s played VERY different from normal Sent/Anti-Air teams. Your main weapon here is to get people between you and Doom. This is mostly done by flying around them. This is good because while they’re blocking rocks, you can go for some nice high/low games. Some good tactics that usually aren’t good with Sent/Anti-Air are good with Sent/Doom. Like Calling out Doom+HK drones is good to do unexpectedly against Magneto and sometimes a storm who likes to superjump and come in on you from the air too much and she’s expecting to beat you out with her HP because she thinks you’re about to fast fly her. Hah. Against Cyclops assist with Sentinel, he’s not much of a thread to you in the air, but on the ground his blockstun game is serious, especially with Storm.

Against a Sent/Cyc, you have to just keep some simple things in mind while approaching it. These simple things are to be more paid attention to in this match up. Stay away from the corner, Don’t get hit by him, be patient, try staying in the air (flying ground level isn’t good, he has a lot of range there), Try to punish him, and try staying in the high air games. Don’t call out Doom that much in this situation, just wait it out and counter call Doom. You can call Doom out from half to full screen away, keep in mind when doing this though that they’ll want to SJ, fly close to you and counter call so this is a good chance to take the fight into the air and gain that advantage. Against a Cable/Cyc, this is pretty hard. I’d say just build two meters and get the Hell out. But sometimes, you’re stuck fighting. Now you have to be patient, try air grabbing Cable when he jumps forward (he will once he gets too close to the corner) If you manage to fly above him, cross him up between you and Doom so you can get that assist to come out the wrong way. Still risky, but it’s a good risk seeing your situation. I can safely say that you must use everything in Sentinels arsenal to get at this crazy time traveler. If you want unfly, you can try to take a bullet from cyclops’ genesplice very high in the air so you can bounce up a bit more and avoid getting shot hard. Against Storm, a good thing to do it pay attention to your pushblocks when she’s attacking you, because she can get back in on you mad badly… Just make sure you push block as late as possible against her. Use your super armor every now and then to guard cancel out of stupid ground block strings that she does. Spit fly her and sometimes spit, fly foward LK, unfly and start spit flying again. Then keep her under pressure and constantly going after you. Don’t go after her… Remember, you have three minutes in the match, you have time to wait and be patient. Spit+Doom fly forward LK is really good against Magneto too. With this duo, you’ll need to do a lot of normal jumping. When you want unfly, you have to sacrifice normal jumps, when you want normal jumps, you have to sacrifice unflys. It’s a fair trade in this case. Normal jumping can be very beneficial with this duo. You can go for instant over heads that paired with Doom assist can get you a free air combo/fly combo. Or you can use it to pin them down and get them closer to the corner. Another good trick that’s godlike with Sentinel/Doom is buffering attacks that could hit Doom. For example, if a character is coming down to hit you, call Doom and Normal Jump and Sentinel will take the blocked hit shielding Doom allowing him to continue assisting. Reflies are essential to learn too since you’ll be going in and out of normal jump, so you need to be fast with Sentinel. I’ll post some more later. Goodnight.

Your Mother Advanced Strategy

Okay, I haven’t made any posts on this site because of the trouble I get every now and them from stupid scrubs and it honestly gets annoying, On my home turn though (Strider thread) I can feel safe because there are no losers here (with a rare exception). Today I feel productive, so here I go.

Now some players, when using Clockw0rk, have the debate on who to Start first on their team, Strider or Sentinel. Now me personally will always Start Sentinel. One reason is because Strider/Doom is more universal that Sentinel/Doom. So say I lose Sentinel quick, I still have Strider/ Doom with a bit of meter I got from Sentinel getting wasted. Strider is also harder to guard-break than Sentinel’s fat ass is. DHC into Orbs is better than DHC into HSF or orbs, rings, tag in my opinion. Plus don’t forget the infamous starting off with one special. There are some times when say an opponent is using scrub or Scrubclops and they start Cable, unless your Sentinel is elite, you’ll have to start Strider. Now again, you can do well, but if your Strider gets destroyed fast, you’re left with the lesser duo. It all has to do with who you feel comfortable using. This isn’t really a big of a deal.

Now on to some tips. When trapping, there are ways to utilize certain things. for example some have bought up ring control and dictating the orbs departure direction. Now in my opinion, I don’t think these are really that significant to try and control. Having to concentrate on too many factors while trying to keep an opponent locked down my be too overwhelming and may cause you to lose focus on the more important issues (example: an alpha counter, baits, block stun, guard cancels, etc) I believe for something like the orbs spliting is good to go for if you can get the extra, but to focus on getting is not a good idea because you’re altering the trap to go for it. Kick teleports are really good, they have faster startup than punch teleports but worst recovery. I only do them when I have orbs though. Sometimes if you teleport and they try to push block it, they’ll pull you into them when you appear ground level behind them. Some people also like push blocking you every time you try to teleport on them, keeping you out. You can teleport, HK slide, TK HK excalibur then teleport again so you’ll overwhelm them with forward moving moves. That’s a good idea against people that think they’re slick and do that. In the corner, Strider is really good for getting the hit. this is where you mix up high/low games and make them guess wrong. Because they have four things to guess. High, low, throw, or trap. Also you can jump off the wall and get yourself into the corner, this way your orbs will leave faster and some jackasses might pushblock, pushing you into the corner more and causing them not to move and get traped up free again.
Now as for Sentinel, jumping excaliburs are great against him when he push blocks you. He’s very big. if he flies, I like to SJ and do LK excalibur with mashing out rings then teleporting to him, it helps bring him down a lot of times. Another good trick against a pinned Sentinel is to keep jumping over him then back over again and again (with orbs of course) Since he’s so big, he’ll be in bad block stun. If you catch Sentinel in the infinite it’s nice to reorb because it does a lot of damage, but now, I think it’s a good idea to infinite until you gain two bars or more, then snap out, unblockable the next character and tag in your Sentinel, launch, LP, LP, RP stomp and go for sentinels corner unblockable to take a character out easy. Against cable, he’s really easy to catch with the instant overhead, and nice to get some extra damage/positioning. The master of magnetism is pretty easy to zoo up. whenever you get the chance, you should zoo him for a bit and build some extra meter before activating some orbs. Something nice to do every now and then against a Magneto in SJ mode is to call out Doom and short bomb. This hits a lot of people. After that you can cal bird, tigerxxactivate. Some good stuff that’ll frustrate Magneto players is teleporting backwards. I do it a lot and it works well. Like say you call drones and teleport backwards, he’ll have to get in against your zoo all over again.

Storm is tricky, but not that hard to lock down. She’s annoying because zooing her can result in typhoon into hail. That’s mad gay. Normal jumping in on her then teleporting is a good way to get in. Normal jumping gets you closer, and of course you don’t want to get hit, but in reality, Strider’s buttons can compete with her speed wise. It’s not a good idea to go in swinging jabs like crazy though. Just get in to punishing-hailstorm-distance and play it out from there. I don’t think anything is worth it across screen. Chasing her isn’t that great, but sometimes if you really want to, have the fisher-price orb activated. That way when you chase her and you get to the top, you can throw it to maintain a still position and then do gram to keep you there. Sometimes you’ll want to go for it, most of the times it’s just better to wait it out and build meter. Trashclops assist is annoying, but honestly, it’s not that big of a deal since he comes out in an angle. It’s a good idea to punish him when the chance comes because he takes damage bad for an assist. You’ll know your own holes, so just watch out for him there. Cyclops is very annoying if you have sentinel out on point. The block stun he dishes out on you is EXTREME. Sometimes if you’re with Strider and you want Cyclops to get erfed, jump over their character then jump back over the other side, they’ll get out of blockstun, mash him out, but he’ll get crossed up and you just hurt their assist, gained extra bar, and screwed them, haha.
Now, Sentinel. Sentinel/Doom is a really good team because of your ground coverage. It’s extremely awkward, so people seem to be frustrated in using it because it’s played VERY different from normal Sent/Anti-Air teams. Your main weapon here is to get people between you and Doom. This is mostly done by flying around them. This is good because while they’re blocking rocks, you can go for some nice high/low games. Some good tactics that usually aren’t good with Sent/Anti-Air are good with Sent/Doom. Like Calling out Doom+HK drones is good to do unexpectedly against Magneto and sometimes a storm who likes to superjump and come in on you from the air too much and she’s expecting to beat you out with her HP because she thinks you’re about to fast fly her. Hah. Against Cyclops assist with Sentinel, he’s not much of a thread to you in the air, but on the ground his blockstun game is serious, especially with Storm.

Against a Sent/Cyc, you have to just keep some simple things in mind while approaching it. These simple things are to be more paid attention to in this match up. Stay away from the corner, Don’t get hit by him, be patient, try staying in the air (flying ground level isn’t good, he has a lot of range there), Try to punish him, and try staying in the high air games. Don’t call out Doom that much in this situation, just wait it out and counter call Doom. You can call Doom out from half to full screen away, keep in mind when doing this though that they’ll want to SJ, fly close to you and counter call so this is a good chance to take the fight into the air and gain that advantage. Against a Cable/Cyc, this is pretty hard. I’d say just build two meters and get the Hell out. But sometimes, you’re stuck fighting. Now you have to be patient, try air grabbing Cable when he jumps forward (he will once he gets too close to the corner) If you manage to fly above him, cross him up between you and Doom so you can get that assist to come out the wrong way. Still risky, but it’s a good risk seeing your situation. I can safely say that you must use everything in Sentinels arsenal to get at this crazy time traveler. If you want unfly, you can try to take a bullet from cyclops’ genesplice very high in the air so you can bounce up a bit more and avoid getting shot hard. Against Storm, a good thing to do it pay attention to your pushblocks when she’s attacking you, because she can get back in on you mad badly… Just make sure you push block as late as possible against her. Use your super armor every now and then to guard cancel out of stupid ground block strings that she does. Spit fly her and sometimes spit, fly foward LK, unfly and start spit flying again. Then keep her under pressure and constantly going after you. Don’t go after her… Remember, you have three minutes in the match, you have time to wait and be patient. Spit+Doom fly forward LK is really good against Magneto too. With this duo, you’ll need to do a lot of normal jumping. When you want unfly, you have to sacrifice normal jumps, when you want normal jumps, you have to sacrifice unflys. It’s a fair trade in this case. Normal jumping can be very beneficial with this duo. You can go for instant over heads that paired with Doom assist can get you a free air combo/fly combo. Or you can use it to pin them down and get them closer to the corner. Another good trick that’s godlike with Sentinel/Doom is buffering attacks that could hit Doom. For example, if a character is coming down to hit you, call Doom and Normal Jump and Sentinel will take the blocked hit shielding Doom allowing him to continue assisting. Reflies are essential to learn too since you’ll be going in and out of normal jump, so you need to be fast with Sentinel. I’ll post some more later. Goodnight.

mmmmm god like?

flee with the lottery possibly they spotted me?

I think you misunderstood me that c. RH may not always hit depending on the placement of where you are midscreen. If the opponent lands farther depending how high you have hit them, then they may get a chance to call out their AA before you land on your feet or come onto the screen.

I understand that after a short air combo it’s very likely you’ll be on the floor next time to them as they get up.

where’s the hot shit @?

I want to know what type of secrets strider players are working on?

yo it’s all about that assist kill baby!!

Strider/Tron

get that assist behind you, tiger, c. hp + assist AND THAT’S A WRAP!

tournament insights

Over this past weekend, I was @ a tourney with a good amount of beasts present. It was my first experience with that many players @ that high of a level in the same room.
The ultimate question comes around eventually as a skill smith player. Do you play your strider in order to keep him sharp for the tournament or do you not play him and keep him as a hidden ace up your sleeve if need be?**

of course this is the first time I actually ran into this scenario so I was opted to just stay crisp with strider in order to be ready for the tournament. So the night before the tournament, I stayed up all night playing casuals against everyone that I’ve never played before in order to identify weaknesses in their game and see how well they can judge my trap patterns.

I ran into a very good player who was also probably the smartest player there. My first few games with the guy, I actually dusted him off easy in casuals. I could tell that he didn’t really knew what to do because of how he was approaching me and push blocking the trap. Over the course of the night, he slowly adapted to me and my trap patterns to the point where he would frustrate me a little and force me out of my game plan. The irony in this situation is that he was the first person to figure it out and I had to play him my first match of the tourney. I’ll go ahead and say it, after he figured me out last night and I saw that I had him as my first match. I kinda freaked out and panicked. I took a walk outside and tried to clear my head and remember our matches from the previous night and hope to see something I didn’t the night before. Our first match comes around and he flat out rapes me clean.

He put me in weird space mentally. I just got beasted in front of 30+ people and in losers right off the bat. My first match in losers should of been a cake walk but the beat down I received my first match of the tourney, had me shook. I played really bad against someone I should of beat easily. My confidence in strider @ this point is pretty low even though he’s my best character.

I win that match 2-0 but played very sluggishly. I advanced into the next round of losers where I run into another very great player. The night before the tournament, I played casuals with this guy too and over the night he started beating me more and more so when I saw I had him in the next in the tournament, I told myself I’d pick thrax instead of strider because of how I’ve been playing through out the tournament. I wasn’t in the strider groove as I’m normally am because of how I’ve done in the tournament thus far.

My 3rd match comes around and its a mirror match. I picked thrax vs his thrax. iirc, he ocved me or he dhc-ed and won easy. Can’t really remember. I realized that my thrax was easily out classed and now I had a dillema. I’m down 0-1 in losers so do I pick thrax again and play smarter with a team I don’t know so well, or do I pick strider and get rolling. I played strider the next game and won convincingly. 3rd game comes around and had it won but choked it out but thats besides the point.

Strider has the ability to really fuck people up who haven’t played a good one before or don’t get to play one good enough frequently to figure him out. When I was in casuals and raping for a while, most people were telling me, “I don’t get to play against a good strider all the time.” So I had easy wins coming and going. If I had saved my strider skills for when the tourney came in order to use his pure ability there, who knows how far I could of gotten. I really would of had an edge during the tournament. I’m not saying I would of won the tournament or even placed higher. I’m saying I would of given myself a better shot @ winning if they hadn’t gotten so much practice against me the night before. IMO, its something to think about but w\in that statement is another question. **Can you really be on a point with a skill smith team @ will when it comes to it? **personally, I can’t turn strider off and on like a faucet. I have to warm up and gain some confidence first and when I’m in the zone, he’s all I can play @ that particular point in time.

Its easy to lose your game plan and train of thought after some bad things happen to you in a tourney. I need to go to more tournaments to figure out how to stay on point even when I lose or get beasted. I never realized that till the tournament was done. There are 3 parts to marvel imo. Execution, strategy and tournament mentality.

Insightful post^^^

As a player with literally zero tournament experience (I went to Evo East this past year but felt so outclassed I just played casuals), this is really interesting to me. I’ve never played a tournament, but I always put myself in that mental zone when I find any serious opponents and what I’ve noticed since I got real into SF sometime in high school is that my strength as a player is in my ability to not make any sense at all in terms of a game-plan. It started off as an inexperience thing being new to the game etc, but when I got to the point where I played enough matches to actually figure out how to analyze how and why I was winning I consciously made it a part of my game.

About midway through my Marvel ‘career’ :rolleyes: this approach really started to fuck with me because I started to play against an opponent who took absolutely no unnecessary risks. My counter to this was to play more calculated than i was accustomed to, and while in the long-run it was a big turning point for my game, at the time I wasn’t winning very many matches. It wasn’t until I started to do freestyle Zen interludes mid-match that I started not just winning, but winning decisively. I would do random stuff like gain momentum with Magnus and then start to runaway, or activate speed-up with Spiral and just sit there to give them something to think about. It was a major jump-off point when i started to visualize the entirety of a match-up as a big Yomi mind-game that I could orchestrate.

Sorry Shoultz, I actually thought this was going somewhere specific… but I guess one thing about S/D is that as you say its a momentum based team not only within the confines of a round or a match, but even in terms of building that confidence level to be able to start beasting with it. Since its all about Strider on point, all of the things that can go wrong in a match or become an issue mentally are a lot more magnified because it’s such a one-dimensional team. You don’t have that option to feint another playstyle midmatch bc Strider isn’t effective any other way, so the realm of what they have to look for is really narrowed down to ‘stop Doom’.

I’m in no way an expert on Strider/Doom but I’ll pose a few questions/observations to get something going regarding some hypothetical S/D gameplay tweaks.

Is it ever a good idea to runaway with Orbs out? with a life lead maybe? I’ve only ever seen S/D lockdown just like I only see Mag rtsd.

Is there another character besides Sent that would make it easier to get into the S/D groove?

Have you ever tried to give Doom more of a point presence? It seems like he has pretty potent stuff with Sent assist and he is one of those characters on the verge of really leveling up.

I know youve probably given this stuff some thought-- just throwing it up for discussion if only to give me some knowledge on S/D.

ecz

yea, you can run away with orbs out. There’s actually tourney footage of me this time and I was using something similar. I call it a fullscreen trap pattern. Since its on tape already I don’t mind explaining it. If you do s.fp, dog, s.fp dog over and over again till orbs are about to end, teleport onto point with falling j.fp+doom, land, s.lp, s.mp, s.fp, s.rh, dog activate, this pattern give you around 1 bar for every trap pattern on block. So you use a trap pattern, to build bar again. This is how I turn 2 bars into 6. I just keep using that pattern over and over and its VERY hard to get out of. A minor tweak to that is activate if you get a free ping, s.fp, dog+doom, s.fp dog repeat till orbs end. This is a fullscreen trap pattern that gives you 10-15% chip from fullscreen and leaves strider with the opportunity to do something else. You maintain advantage from that.

The s\d groove is primarily all strider play. I got out smarted against totaltoange which kind of makes me mad because strider players are supposed to be some of the smartest around :confused: My sentinel is ok. I can do a lot of things but sent\doom was my first sent team so all I know about the bot, came from that duo. I’m going to work on my bot in order to land dhc’s into strider so he has bar to come in with. That way, I can build some confidence up after landing a few trap reps.

Sometimes, I start doom against scrubclops if they’re gonna start cable. How do I know they’ll start cable? look @ their hands :rofl: doom’s sj, adup, qcf+fp yellow beam can leave him floating up there for quite a while and really frustrate cable. Of course cable can build bar too and much faster by the way but cable will have a hard time getting doom down clean. I want them to tag into sentinel where I can use dooms photon super to DHC into strider or sent and try to take out their robot to avoid the bomb activate counter that sent\cable has. There are other counters to stop that but I want a character dead. Usually, you don’t want to start doom because if he goes, the team is done.

lol look at hands…but sometimes I trick and make it look like I’ll switch…

or make it lookd like I’m doing a certain thing at the beginning.

yes, good strider players are ugh…exactly because I don’t know what to do against them the few times I play them…I don’t have enough experience with it. I try to kill strider quickly with mags…but once he’s on a roll…those casuals can help and hurt both players…but maybe hurt strider (and spiral) players more?

yipes 2k5…(it was 2k5 right?)

Shoultz by the end of 2008, you have to say MY SENTINEL IS EXCELLENT!!
That’s the only way to go about it!

About the Tournament situation, I’ve been in a couple of tournaments and I’ve choked my first few times but… after a while you get the hang of it and go in all or nothing. You know you took a risk and don’t get emotional during the game. That’s the worst part if you start playing a pro player and start to get emo.

I’m telling you Shoultz, it’ll help with your details on the game of Strider if you played Strider/Tron. NO JOKE!

– Edit –

This is a full power combo, the only prob is that there is a reset and a chance to roll.

Strider/Tron Gamma
assist switch in Strider
c. lp, c. lk & assist, c. hk, tron otg hits, j. forward lk, lp, lk, land on other side, wait for them to fall, c. lk, assist, c. lk xx orbs

and it’s a wrap!

There are different things you can do during and after. Such as if you know they are going to come down mashing buttons just land and c. HP into an air combo

How to start a fight w/ your Team Tickle: Strider [beta]/Sentinel [alpha]/Tron [gamma]

Your first priority when you start playing a new team is how you want to start.
Strider has a good s. lp/c. lp 2 framer
Sentinel has super armor s. lk, dash back c. HP, dash back j. forward LK, s. HK

You should be comfortable with Strider or Sentinel in any situation. The only situation that’s harder than most is Cable vs. Sentinel/Tron. But it’s still do-able.

A lot of people don’t try this but if you know your opponent is going to jump, try dashing forward and under. It’s quick and nasty. Starts the game off right if you predict it right and hits their mentality for a bit.

Against jumpers in the beginning, you can even try c. HP with Strider as a starter if you’re feeling pretty confident they are going to jump.

I’m 100% confident in my strider\doom. If I got bar and I got a chance to breath, I will straight up 1 hit kill trap most people. However, thats not the case. It takes x amount of bar to win every game. Sometimes its more, sometimes its less. To use as little bar as possible, sent\doom must do something to that first character. Then strider gets to dump his bar vs the 2nd character.

i was playing on the left side of the screen and as my opponent was dashing to me, i through a far bomb and then intercepted them in the air low to the ground did a combo so that the flyign screen activated, they landed on the bomb, recovered after flyign screen ended and i was off the screen for almost two seconds.

its difficult to recreate because just launching them and comboing anythign and the bomb will have already exploded… but soemthing tells me there is a way to control strider while he is off the screen even if it is for a spilt second. What happened above happened very fast… i know that if you SJ when the bomb hits somebody they will pop up at SJ hieght and can still be comboed into. I am wondering if the fact that I was at SJ hieght when flyign screen activated and when the bomb made contact which forced

anybody know of a way to mainipulate the flying screen like that? to disapear and then reapear and mabey control it?

nah, thats very easy to recreate. You never want to use that on purpose though because you can hit strider very easily for free afterwards.

heres how you set it up bornagaincommunist

get strider and the opponent towards the edge @ midscreen. A lk bomb should hit them in the back of the head @ this range. Throw a RH bomb and then when you recover from that, c.fp, sj.lk, sj.fp. That should smack them into the bomb where a double FS happens.

The first FS happens from the sj.fp that smacks them into the ground. Then the bomb makes contact as strider is running in which causes forced OTG roll and the horizontal plane changes again and since strider isn’t completely on the screen just yet, it forces him to run again.

so it looks like FS, bomb hits and opponent rolls, strider comes running in late.

If it’s strider vs. strider

the bomb makes doom eat it!
the tiger makes strider eat it!
orbs keeps 'em locked

ok cool thanks.

ive been messing around in training mode lately and it seems to me the ruby heart AAA might pose a little problem for S/D seeing as how its a wall to stop all projectile attacks including rocks, orbs, drones, photon arrays ect. Any thoughts on this assist?