Newbs Only

I’m guessing you don’t kara the lunge,
its done by doing qcf, then drumming the lk , lp

Edit;
With SA1, should I just do 123xxSA1 ?
Or isn’t there much damage reduction with the lp shoulder?
I want to play a litttle SA1 for fun :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks man. Now I’ve got to practice karalunging.

its s.mk , not c.mk->f.fierce-> lunge punch, n the kara lp Comes *very *late…also wont work on little ppl

I’m taking this from Cano2 thread… But this seems to work good for me…

:S

i do it with shoulder

by the way i found SA I -> mp shoulder -> f.HP followup
its do better dmg and much better stun than HP lunge
only little timing practice is needed

qcf pause lk lp(same for palms > qcb pause lk lp)…but every1 has their own method

ChromeX,
I’m sorry I misunderstood you!
I thought you ment the kara was with mk not lk!
And not Nick Nasty’s input, lol I’m so sorry!

And I agree everybody has they’re own method, I use the pause myself:P

Thanks for the correction. I’m still pretty new at the terminology. As for little people, do you mean anyone who’s not a shoto, Chun-Li, Makoto or Q?

little ppl = Alex, Remy n Dudley, who just happen to be tall. Ibuki, Oro, Yun, Yang, n i have no clue about 12.

It’s probably a stupid question: Some games have a certain time to finish. Like that trampoline game, it gives you 99 seconds to do as many tricks as you can. Yet I see that some winners have been given more time like 166 seconds. Why is that? :looney:

I’m getting good at too but I don’t have enough time to win:arazz:

there r no stupid questions in this thread, but aside from that you just go into settings n change the round timer.

3|>it : im typing like a tard <us my kyboar is fubar. will fix soon

ok, i got a few questions

1. i notice i keep getting punished when i whiff my lunge punch lp…should i stop, or is it good to do an unexpected move?
  2. i need to know his kara palm, when to kara palm, his kara lunge, when to kara lunge, and how to kara grab, and when to kara grab
  3. a bit off topic from yun, is karaing easy or diffucult to do on a ps2 controller, and since i play on ps2, does that change anything about yun?
  4. is a good follow up to a dive kick another dive kick?
  5. when is the best time to activate, and if all the way across the screen, how should i get in on them to begin my combo?
  6. when is a good time to use my DP kick move(inb4 when they are in the air)
  7. should i ever use my EX moves?
  8. when in geni-jin, i find myself going, shoulder repeat, or mk and walk them to a corner, then palm, lunge, mk, palm, f.mk, mk…till bar is out…what should i do?
  9. who are my advantages and disadvantage fights? im finding a hard time on chun, and easier time on ken…but to be fare it could just be the player, i only fight 1 ken and 1 chun, and its the same person…so he could just be better with one…
  10. one last off topic question…should i invest in an arcade stick or stick to ps2 controller?

1.“random” lunge punches can be used…most people will tell you not to, i respectfully disagree. thing of it is you cant really be too random at all. they can be used as anti airs w\o much hassle and a great tool to get across the screen fast, ie knockdown >dashpunch to them but dont hit>command grab. the tricky bit which gets the title “random” is punishing opponents whiff attempts to build meter. its damn hard but if you get it down (years later =x) your yun will have just that much more pressure, yun can fight at most distances well this simply extends his range, if you have it down right and your opponent cant whiff (mostly standing pokes) you’ve started breaking your opponent down and taking him out of his rhythm, void of genei jin. its all about anticipation on that front. on the downside its clutch as all holy hell and if you miss its a easy punish.

1. i do the kara palm by inputting down>downback>back>xx(pause)>lk>lp , the idea is to do the motion first then hit the lk lp extremly fast (kara speed). i actually learned the timing by doing the down to back motion, taking my left hand of the stick then hitting the lk>lp. one idea for a kara palm outside of genei is in the corner, stay back a bit combo first and then toss it out there, next time fake, work with it, play mindgames. gota be careful when to choose kara over just a normal palm in the corner though, dont get crossed up off a jump in. if you do catch them in the corner with a palm, you can catch most characters with jab shoulder kara lunge or everyone or with just a standing fierce punch. palms are fairly safe to whiff inconsistently outside their sweep range.
    2b. always kara lunge if its a lunge punch on its own, outside of combo(random lunge) and always kara at end of a genei jin. the execution is the exact same as the kara palm just reverse the motion, down>downforward>xx(pause)>lk>lp\mp\hp, btw the standing fierce>mp shoulder>forward fierce>kara dash punch with lp or mp works on everyone except maybe dudley and alex.
    2c. best use ive found for the kara grab is if you activate while their knocked down and you get in their face, on their wakeup do 1 crouching lk. if it connects verify and do 2 more >standing fierce>mp\hp shoulder, if it does not connect then you must wait like 1\3 of a second at which point you enter a psuedo sggk motion. forward>downforward>down>neutral>mk and then another mk VERY FAST. this basicly parries if they try anything and kara grabs the launcher kick which must not hit them for the grab to work. the trick here is waiting after the initial cr.lk for the right time to hit the first standing mk, its tight and if you dont get it right you will miss the grab…its after yun moves back after the cr.lk but before he moves all the way back from the recoil. a simplified version of this combo is when the cr.lk is verified blocked, do just mk>command grab. again its tight and must be dont quickly but the second one is alot easier on the hands\mind.
    a good idea which i need to impliment into my game plan also is if you do a lk divekick in their face and they block kara command grab\walkup(just enough)> kara command grab. forward>downforard>down>>downback>double tap lk >back.

3.near impossible on pad…the only thing it changes is you cant really kara palm. one of the top reasons i got a hori.

4.not typically but on occasion it can be used as mind games…they saw the first and you got lucky they didnt react in time and parry dont test your luck a second time w\o having mind games involved, ie divekick>divekick next time divekick>empty jump>throw.

5.the instant you have meter. a couple of things to keep in mind, dont do it in kens cr.mk range or dudleys standing rh range. rule of thumb if you KNOW your specific opponent has the skill to punish you for it from where you stand, dont do it. a perfect example is chun li can instantly activate her sa2 after yun activates anywhere but full screen distance away from her and its free for her, she’ll catch you, but this is 100% dependant on your opponents skill\knowledge. so activate the second you can when your free and clear, but the best time to activate hands down are when their knocked down or after a 123combo\cr.mk. best ways to get in are simplest… lunge punches shoulders and divekicks, sadly they only sound simple and this parts probably the hardest thing you’ll learn in high tier play with yun. have fun.

6.only 2 times you should ever use this outside of 123 combo. if they jump in you can do cr.mp into dp.mk for a chunky 3 hitter or if you are absolutely desperate on wakeup do the EX into a dashpunch.

7.only the kicks mentioned above or at the end of a round when your opponent is near dead i find the EX shoulder really useful especially if their near the corner so you can kara lunge lp, works on anyone can start combo low cr.mk>EXshoulder>kara lp lungepunch. in general though dont use the meter its 10x more useful for genei.

8.check the GeneiJin threads. but honestly what id tell you is just get a light overview with the threads dont worry about gettin to specific, the genei jin is like 50% improv and theres only one way to learn it proper…do it…alot…

9.advantageous fights…everyone…disadvantageous fights…anyone you dont know how to fight. learn matchups and character weaknesses\strengths it will up your game alot.

10.simple…ask yourself this. do i want to go pro? its self explanatory after that. ill warn you its like 150$ but all i got to say is i love my stick.

hints #2

USE THE COMMAND GRAB AND CONFIRM LOW ATTACKS!.
most peoples greatest weakness with yun I included is underusing the command grab.

i especially have a weakness where i rarely attack low or command grab…i have a tendency to go high. dive kicks, 123s, the other 123(strong>fierce>palm). learning to confirm a cr.mk into mp\fierce palm is tough…trust me moreso than most super links\cancels\confirms but if you can get it down (which i haven’t) it will bring up your yun game some 30%ish, at least. same goes for cr.lk… its easier to confirm though, harder to execute. i rely on 123 while fucking with timing and the opponents mind 2 much. it works ok for me but when i fight top tier players i get owned for lack of solid options. timing is godlike in this game but it is
far from god mode even with yun. MIXUPS FTW.

I need help with spacing / poking / footsies.

1. What are my best pokes? At close-range and short-medium range.
  2. How do I space my opponent out?
  3. How would you play Yun if Genei-Jin never existed? (but still built bar fast enough)
  4. What moves are unsafe on block or hit vs Hugo? (what moves end up getting 360’d after hit or block)
  5. What can I do to avoid Ken (Shoto) c.mk?

at 3:02
[media=youtube]qu8tbp54e54[/media]

chun was slow, had she been quicker it would have worked…yall can talk to smoothcat about it.teamhate.

1. s.mk
    mind games option 2
    a fairly solid option when your opponent is waking up, beats throws, superjump cancelable. you can go right into a divekick to continue pressure string after divekick. very useful in sggk form ( forward>down>downback>back>mk) if done correctly you will command grab them if they dont attack, if they attack high or low you parry and launcher kick.

cr.lk>cr.lk>dashpunch
mind games option 1
it’ll work, not the best dmg but itll get you a knockdown which can be turned into divekick crossup, which can end up earning you about 75%-100% bar in a string

123 jab>LK>MP
the only thing that keeps this combo from being ok in terms of risk reward is the fact that his close jab has very little startup and goes into GJ. Always use 123>activate, NO SHOULDERS they half the dmg of your GJ. easily parried high or low though use at your own risk

123 MP>F>palm
mind games option 2
it’ll work, not the best dmg but itll get you a knockdown which can be turned into divekick crossup fun

cr.mk
mind games option 1
a little slower than chun’s, a little shorter than ken’s but at this range its very safe to activate combo GJ after it, you will have fram advantage. this means you have about 5 frames where theyre either in block or hit stun and you can combo without them being able to move without parrying first.
( a command hrow is always the 3rd option for mindgames and parry is a 4th)

fierce
decent poke from far outside gj, or a great starter poke for gj which can trade with even shippu leaving you with frame advantage to continue the combo, also useful from far in genei to go straight into a shoulder for combo

the only differences from close to short-medium range is you cant do the 123 lp>mk>mp so you need to really more on the mind games that cr.mk and mp>FP>palm offer, or do divekick shenanigans.

2.Sun Tzu said:
All warfare is based on deception.
According as circumstances are favorable, one should modify one’s plans.
Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.
Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him.
If he is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him
If he is taking his ease, give him no rest.

ill say, use more lk divekicks and s.fierces. try tactics like dashing back and fierce shouldering\waiting for them to jump in then fierce shouldering. sit back and just use cr.mp to build bar if they let you and try to bait them to attack a cr.mp, stay safe and counter. usually you want to move in and out quick with yun i personally dont spend to much time at mid range.

1. id pick sa1\2…too much theory fighter, cmon man gimmie a break.

2. idk but that scares the shit out me. maybe a close palm or either\a 123 on block, i never complete a 123 on block against hugo and always jump around with plenty of dive kicks especially if im close…he very rarely catches me with that…stay the hell away. honestly in tourney when i fight hugo if i can afford to all i do is run>build with cr.mp>activate>attack>repeat. i occasionally get ballsy and throw in aerial jab forward fierce>123 or w\e for pressure and quick bar build but risk\reward with him is always scary.

5.this is one of the best pokes in the game imho second only to chuns…shit aint easy.the only thing i can tell you may sound redundant but its all there is as far as i know. always block low at first, block high on reaction. parry low more, and learn the range of his poke, learn where\when to bait it and what to counter with something like let him whiff his cr.mk then you cr.mk>mp dashpunch.

Hint #3 : high low grab grab high low high high grab low grab low low high grab grab grab grab grab grab low high grab low high high low low high grab (for divekicks you wanna grab for mind games followed by divekick>divekick>grab or divekick>combo but start with grabs typically)

Sorry for the really newby question but i just got third strike and loving it:lovin:

My question is what does st. strong and DP + RH mean?:confused:

Thanks

st. strong = standing strong punch aka standing medium punch

Dragon Punch + Roundhouse? that doesn’t really make any sense. I’m guessing you mean FP + RH, which would be Fierce Punch + Roundhouse, which would be your taunt.

Now for my own questions:

If I hit an lp shoulder > sa3 midscreen, what’s the best way to go into mp shoulder (to get them into the corner fastest)? I know fierce > shoulder works, but I find the timing unreliable due to internet lag, as well as my own not so great input. Is there a more reliable way?

Also, what are the conditions required for a 123 to connect after dive kick? I tend to find it extremely unreliable, so I’ve almost stopped using it. I tend to just use strong fierce palm > activate after a dive, then either lunge punch or fierce to rejuggle depending on my distance from the corner.