New trick up our sleeves: The Hsien Ko changelog

Has anyone bothered letting her Dark Force run out yet? I’m naive enough to think they might make it longer than 5 seconds.

It may just be the stream lag. I’m pretty sure that my “observation” of Pendulum being faster was just the result of minichop. I’ll take another look if I get the chance tomorrow.

And I haven’t seen anyone use Rimoukon yet, somewhat surprisingly. Then again, no one cares about her there except for that Eugene fellow, soooooooooo…

And if by some off chance Seth starts answering questions about characters at Evo, for the love of all that is cute and undead, someone NEEDS to ask about her. I’m sure she isn’t given a whole lot of thought by the team otherwise, but maybe that’s just me being unnecessarily negative. Gotta have some hope.

lol at me taking a vidya game so seriously

She better get more improvements.

Didn’t Nitsuma mentioned that she was his favorite DS character. Then he should give her even more love by giving her more buffs.

That Darkstalkers Team player was definitely the highlight of the tourney.

I don’t think you’re being unnecessarily negative, because I feel the same way. Let’s face it, Hsien-ko may well be the least popular character in the game, and I feel like she’s being over looked by the developers because of it. Not to mention the fact that no one going to these events address her problems only hurt her chances of getting anything significant.

It’s a ashamed but the way things are looking now we’ll probably end up with more or less the same Hsien-ko with minor tweaks. Then again maybe I’m just being unnecessarily negative as well, and she’ll get Makoto sized buffs.

It’s interesting how a team composed of some of the most unpopular characters in the game was the highlight of the ComicCon tournament. It’s really a shame that Eugene never quite clenched it, but at least he got some spotlight on the characters and their effectiveness. They should have really done a post-tournament interview on him and some of the other higher ranking players and get their opinions on the characters they choose and how they could be improved.

At the 5 min mark, it shows a long of footage of Hsien-Ko on point: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTR_3VOUOEs&feature=related

Things I’ve noticed is that her start up on her air H looks so short now like others have said. Her Cr. L seems to have better hit boxes, I’ve never seen it hit someone from that far away at the start of the match. Her air S seems to make her drop like a rock, as seen at 5:38, or it might be just her overall floatyness removed like others have said. Her ground normals look pretty fast now, but that might be just me. Don’t take my opinion as facts, but I’m just speculating about possible changes.

Hopefully Evo will be the place for that. Though then again, no one is going to use her of course because it’s Evo, but who knows.

And yeah, that Eugene guy did a nice job repping (and causing rage on the streams lol). I find it funny that Seth showed up right after Eugene’s match with Clock. Speaking of which, he didn’t do a shabby job against Clock either.

I want to see if she got any significantly altered move properties, or even new moves (Ha! No.) besides the log, which I haven’t seen yet. Morrigan got an altered Soul Fist that saps meter. Imagine if Ko got her Pursuit… whiffing it would help her mobility a bit.

@EvuL: I noticed the same thing with her normals; they seem to chain faster. May just be stream lag like I said, though if it’s showing up in that video it may be a real fix. I’ll watch it later.

Well, if she doesn’t get enough here, there’s always DS4… whenever that is.

She’s definitely faster. There’s no denying that. I still have yet to see the log projectile, wanna see what that does.

I’ll be at evo, so I’ll be sure to try her out and write up anything I come across.

Btw, @ 5:20 on the vid evul posted, is it me or did she gain a double jump? She super jumps at neutral and then jumps again at forward momentum. It might be because of the choppy footage but that looks very much like a double jump or something.

At 5:33, she throws 2 logs.

It looked more like a forward super jump instead of a neutral jump to me. I think the xfc from Wesker made it look like she did a double jump.

Also, at 6:10, she threw 2 objects which I’m pretty sure I’ve never seen them before. No idea what was the 1st object, but the 2nd looked like some kind of torch or lighting rod which electrified or covered Taskmaster in blue flames. Because of the video having low quality, it’s hard to make them out.

Items with different properties? Hmm… looks like our dead girl took some lessons from Faust.

And thank you LL.ND, we’ll be supporting you and generating Ko hype as usual from the comfort of our computer monitors!

And for some reason, as a random note, I’m starting to get hyped over trying out Nemesis with Hsien-Ko, even though we haven’t even seen the guy in-game yet. I have no idea why.

I’m guessing the next Darkstalkers game will be late 2013 or early 2014, that’s assuming they’ll use a modified SF4 engine, be longer if they have to start from scratch. Considering all the campaigning Ono-san was doing for it there’s a pretty big chance he’ll be the producer and his SF4/SFxT team will be taking on the job of development so once they’re done with SFxT they’ll probably start work on Darkstalkers.

Phoenix Wright has all my hype ATM :smiley: Bit bummed we’re getting Vergil instead of Nero but he is the “fan favourite”, be interesting to see how he plays.

At least SFXT seeming like a much faster paced game than SF4, while also seemingly reliant on footsies, my worry about Ono getting the nod for a Vampire sequel is lessened. Hopefully I feel that way whenever I get to play SFXTekken.

Anyways, changes like “Hsien Ko is a bit faster now” and “Hsien Ko seems to do a little more damage now” are pretty vague and unsatisfying. Especially considering a lot of people feel dmg was increased across the board, or characters felt like they bled faster. There’s always Evo I guess.

I also hope someone can outright catch Seth Killian watching a Vampire Savior side tournie someday and say, “so that Lei Lei character seems pretty fast and tricky eh… what happened with Mahvel 3?”

Did anyone else catch him during the MvC3 panel when the Capcom player picked Lei Lei and he’s all, “Hsien Ko? That’s not a good sign” or something similar ;_;

What? He seriously said that? What a troll. My sound was off so I couldn’t hear any of his commentary. I read he said something similar to Nerdjosh about Tron lol. He’s known for being like that.

I did say something like “Seth doesn’t know what a Hsien-Ko is” on the stream chat.

It’s good tongue-in-cheek, but I just hope that’s it’s a “Well, she sucks now, but we’ll work on her” rather than a “Welp, you picked the suck character. Have fun!”

Those “changes” will definitely be updated as more solid info comes down the pipe, don’t worry.

It wasn’t the stream, but the match they held during the panel that can be seen on the gamespot video. Was some random guy picked from the audience to play Capcom characters vs. someone to play Marvel characters before the Q&A.

The Nerdjosh Tron thing was more a back and forth, could easily have been Nerdjosh complaining to Seth before Seth poking fun at him about it. He seemed to be making light of Nerdjosh losing a comicon tournament when he’s the captain of the Evo 5v5 more than trolling on Tron.

I’m all for new items with new properties, but it hasn’t been addressed yet if her bombs have been changed. You can give her all the best items in the world to toss but it doesn’t make a damn bit of difference if she always has a chance to throw out a projectile that gets you killed.

I remember seeing Eugene throw a bomb at Sentinel yesterday as he was coming in and hoping that it would connect with him to see what happened, but because of the stream quality I couldn’t tell whether it either passed through him or just flew over him (it was Anki Hou :h:).

Oh I know. I’m just commenting on how both changes are pretty vague and possibly inaccurate. Everyone said dmg was up or people seemed to have less health, so it could be nothing.

The stream was really really really bad quality so pretty much every character looked faster because of the frame rate. At least there were a couple live reports saying Lei Lei really was, so that puts my mind at ease. I’ve also read that the setups at comicon were on fairly laggy TVs so the validity of a lot of stuff found in general for all the characters might be a bit off.

At least in the case of Ryu and some other characters his buffs were very apparent to everyone, and just kinda underwhelmed that we have nothing concrete to go on right now. I guess I’m trying to keep my expectations low so hopefully I’ll be pleasantly surprised when November comes around, or we get accurate info from someone who actually plays her before then.

Ryu got massive buffs because

1. He’s Ryu

And

1. SFxT

His powerup mode is almost like an overhaul. I don’t think any other character will see as much as that.