New Forum Software FAQ (WIP) for Vanilla

I’ve been getting these points too lately. It increased from 5 to 36 in just a few days.

It goes up when you get likes / agrees and down with the rest, as far as I can tell.

@DaRabidDuckie whats the av size, and how come when i post mines always blurry but not on the profile page?

Dunno if I should have posted this in the themes thread but is there currently a dark theme for the mobile version? If not is it something that might be added in the future? Assuming that it is possible to do with vanilla.

The mobile version of the site is really good imo but a darker theme would be more pleasant on the eyes and help to preserve battery when browsing the site for long periods of time.

**WHY THE FLYING FUCK HAS VANILLA NOT FIXED THE SHITTY ASS HACK WHEREIN YOU CAN LOG IN AS UNKNOWN USER AND HACK LEGENDARY OLD POSTS?

IT IS ABSOLUTE FUCKING BULLSHIT THAT A YEAR LATER BOTS CAN STILL LOG IN AND DESTROY THREADS THAT HELPED BRING OUR COMMUNITY TOGETHER.

To whit:

This is fucking embarrassingly bad programming by whomever the fuck wrote this. Fucking amateur hour.**

Hi, this seems like an appropriate place to post this.

I can’t seem to get spoiler buttons to work when there are multiple spoilers embedded within a spoiler. Example: Can’t see any of the info in the spoiler under “Abel’s normals” here: The COMPLETE Abel Guide!

When I click the first button under “Abel’s normals” it expands to 4 more more spoilers, but when I try to click one of the 4 it exapnds to it just ends up hiding them.

I have searched around quite a bit and I can’t seem to figure out what is wrong. I have tried using Chrome, IE and Firefox.

Thanks in advance for any help/info.

Looks like a bug in:

/plugins/Spoilers/js/spoilers.js

A mod could fix up each affected post on a post by post basis (we’d have little way of knowing what’s affected unless you tell us) if we can’t get a fix from Vanilla. :\

Is there a way to turn off the the yellow tag with new post count for specific threads?

Serious question: How well does this anti-spam filter work? I still see quite a lot of spam getting through, but would there be a lot more without the filter in place?

Where do you see spam?

It was just a GD bot thread with a thread title of “So glad I registered” or something like that that popped up earlier today. I’ve definitely seen a bot thread like that before, too. That threads seems to be long gone, though, but I still see bot threads sneak in every now and then.

I received a message saying that I’m at level 2. Aside from the fact that I got an extra star next to my post count, what does this mean?

Basically, the stars is your reputation bar. The more stars you have, the “higher” your rep is.

Every time someone hits insightful, agree, or like, it gives you a point. You can see how many points you have earned by going to your profile.

The point system goes like this: 50 points = 2 stars, 100 points = 3 stars, 500 points = 4 stars, and 1000 points = 5 stars(max level).

Closing the very helpful Vanilla thread since we’re now on Discourse.