New Forum Software FAQ (WIP) for Vanilla

Man i  dont care about the colors, I  just wanna be able to watch the you tube  videos that were posted here in different character forums, with this new layout  you guys screwed up the entire strategy forums. Im SHOCKED no one has complained  about it.  WTH??? Right   where there was suppose to be videos  i just see links like <b style=“box-sizing: border-box; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: Helvetica, Arial; font-size: 15px; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);”>[media=youtube]5CTit_LC4js[/media]  </b>  WTH is that? did someone just posted the solution and i didnt read it?<br>EDIT: now i saw a bunch of recent videos that were posted after the layout change  but still, I need to watch the old videos! is that still posible ???

<blockquote class=“Quote”>
<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/84382/RandomMexican">RandomMexican</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”>I just see links like [media=youtube]5CTit_LC4js[/media]    WTH is that?</div>
</blockquote>

Since you seem desperate, you can copy and paste the stuff between the tags into any other youtube URL.  Or in other words, put “https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=” in front of it.  So you can find your Zero video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CTit_LC4js<br>

The priorities of the new thread need to be:<br><br>Fix character image notations<br>Fix links<br>Fix the character length of posts<br><br>This needs to happen first before anything. It is driving me insane. I can’t update any of my OPs (my cap thread is 2000+ characters too long! two-fuckin-thousand!), my combos all look a mess, etc… Content before trivial perks and visuals. I can care less about the color palette, my concern is can I get the info I need easily from the forums.<br>

<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/17765/jedpossum">jedpossum</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”><button>This is going to be interesting</button>

Is html going to be removed?</div>
</blockquote><br>Aw, a lot more stuff works in the editor and then gets stripped out when actually displayed. I miss my <span style=“text-decoration:blink”><blink></span> tag :(<br>

Just dropping a line of encouragement: the forum seems a lot faster now than it did before the changes. So thanks. :)<br>

<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/23130/Icy%20Black%20Deep">Icy Black Deep</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”><blockquote class=“Quote”>
<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/84382/RandomMexican">RandomMexican</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”>I just see links like [media=youtube]5CTit_LC4js[/media]    WTH is that?</div>
</blockquote>

Since you seem desperate, you can copy and paste the stuff between the tags into any other youtube URL.  Or in other words, put “https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=” in front of it.  So you can find your Zero video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CTit_LC4js<br></div>
</blockquote><p>

<br>but suppose we just wanna post a new vid up onto the character forums… how do we create the video appearing on the forum page?</p><p>i know how to insert image. i just click the insert image icon on the fonts tool bar…but yt vids are still a mystery to me here.</p><p> </p><p>lemme try this here</p><p>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wAZxbmpFho</p>

yeah ok, i got it now thanks icy black deep

<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/19913/Axl_m4ster">Axl_m4ster</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”>yeah ok, i got it now thanks icy black deep</div>
</blockquote>

Ha.  For anyone else wondering: If you just put in a YouTube URL the forum will automatically turn it into an embed.  If you want to actually see the URL as in my previous post you have to switch to HTML mode and put an entity in so it won’t get detected as a URL.  But if you go back and forth or go back and edit a post the entity gets replaced and the URL gets detected and the video gets embedded.<br><br><br>

So what should we be doing as far as notation for moves going forward? Should we keep doing :dp:+:l: style notations or will those be changed entirely and we should just post it as “DP+L”? I REALLY want those images back as everything is a mess without it.<br>

So what dimensions should our avatars be uploaded as now?<br>

Hm.  Silly question, and I may well be completely dumb for not looking enough, but is it still possible to buy premium membership in the new layout?  I said in another thread that I’d do so if the site move improved the stability of the forums, and that’s been taken care of in my experience, so I’d like to follow through on that.<br>

<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/8975/Ragnorok64">Ragnorok64</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”>So what dimensions should our avatars be uploaded as now?<br></div>
</blockquote>
It’s not a matter of getting the resolution right (I tried). They are scaling up the phone avatar instead of the profile image.

<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/8688/Kyle">Kyle</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”><blockquote class=“Quote”>
<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/8975/Ragnorok64">Ragnorok64</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”>So what dimensions should our avatars be uploaded as now?<br></div>
</blockquote>
It’s not a matter of getting the resolution right (I tried). They are scaling up the phone avatar instead of the profile image.</div>
</blockquote>

Yup, see that little icon next to your name on the top right of the board?  That’s what’s actually getting scaled, not the avatar you upload in you profile settings. It’ll get there, just need to be a bit more patient.

<span style=“font-style: normal;”><blockquote class=“Quote”>
<div class=“QuoteAuthor”>Delete this post please…</div></blockquote></span>

For those who may have hidden forums by mistake, use this link.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/categories/?ShowAllCategories=true

How do I make an about statement underneath my avatar? I can’t find the option in edit profile.

where do i find my drafts i saved?

Is there a way to see my subscribed threads through the mobile site?

@DaRabidDuckie you should add something about setting the Category Filter to “All Categories” for folks who can’t see the 3S, MvC2, CvS2 and TvC forums.

According to my profile page, I have a point…
@d3v has 12 points…
What does this mean?