New Comics This Week - Updated Weekly Version 2.0

This will be the place to talk about upcoming comics. If you are looking for older listings of previous comics you can always check the previous thread.

http://shoryuken.com/f214/new-comics-week-updated-weekly-129540/

Avengers Prime and Avengers The Children’s Crusade continue! Shonen Jump drops too. Happy 2011 everybody!

Midtown Comics - The Best Online Comic Book Shop - Buy Spider-Man, Superman, Batman Comics, Toys, more

Batman and Robin drops! :nunchuck: And Superman’s boots are still made for walking! :wink:

Speaking of boots, Spawn, AKA MR. BIG BOOT has his 200th issue drop this week! :party: Man he’s hit the big time! :clapdos:

Oh and speaking of big time (ha ha you saw this coming a mile away) Amazing Spider-Man Big Time continues this week too! :cool:

Small week for me but a good one!

Midtown Comics - The Best Online Comic Book Shop - Buy Spider-Man, Superman, Batman Comics, Toys, more

Damn its been 200 issues of Spawn already? I feel like issue 100 was just a year or two ago.

Which is around the time, I stopped following the book. Might want to try it again.

Buffy Season 8 roles out with everyone dealing with the aftermath of… Well Buffy Season 8 of course!

DC drops Batman #706!

ASM #652, already? Also, the Spider-Man Complete Clone Saga Epic Book #5 drops, already? Wow they only have about 3 more Clone Saga TPBs to go…

Pretty big Marvel week for X-Men! Wolverine, Wolverine and Jubilee #1 and X-Men Legacy!

On the Disney end of things Darkwing Duck drops! And keep an eye out for Mickey Mouse And Friends #304. They are going to reprint some old Floyd Gottfredson (he invented the Phantom Blot for you Epic Mickey fans) stories that haven’t seen print in 50 years! :wink:

Another volume of the Fate Stay / Night manga comes out next week! I always mention that for any Capcom and fighting game fans that got into Fate because of Fate Unlimited Codes for the PSP heh!

The next issue of Skull-Kickers comes out too! Skull-Kickers is written by Udon’s Zub and drawn by SRK member Tokoyama2000 so make sure to support that title if you can!

For the bigger events this week, a member of the Fantastic Four is going to die but no one knows who just yet! Don’t worry, I have it on good authority that it will not be any playable characters in Capcom’s fighting games! In other words She-Hulk, Spider-Man, Wolverine and Hulk (from when they formed that temporary team FF with Ghost Rider) and orange Hulk who was supposed to represent Thing are all safe! :looney: LOL my money’s on Human Torch but we’ll see! :wonder:

Age of X starts next week with the Alpha issue! One of the few chances you’ll get to see MvC 3 character Phoenix running around right now. At least for a little bit because she may or may not croak in that universe too. The plot thickens!

Lastly I have to mention IDW’s first big crossover called Infestation. They played it safe and went with the most logical choices for a crossover. So we have Transformers, G.I. Joe, Star Trek and Ghostbusters… WAIT A MINUTE STAR TREK AND GHOSTBUSTERS WHAT THE… :wow: HA HA I gotta see this one! IDW, friends don’t let friends smoke crack! Unless of course crack makes you think up stuff like this! :rofl:

I mentioned this in the Marvel thread but repeating here just in case. Some stores will have the Fantastic Four ‘Death’ issue tomorrow on Tuesday. Please check with you LCS to see if they will have it if you want it a day early. And yes if you read it PLEASE use spoiler tags if you want to talk about it here or in the Marvel thread, at least until Saturday. By the same token if you don’t want it spoiled then don’t go anywhere near the Marvel thread just in case I’m not around to spoiler tag other posts and stuff. Thanks!

Marvel Runs Early With “Fantastic Four” #587 - Comic Book Resources

DCU Online Legends, the 26 issue biweekly comic based on the PS3 / PC MMORPG starts! :tup:

Marvel starts their .1 books with Iron Man 500.1! :cybot: The .1 comics are supposed to be new reader friendly jumping on points. So if you’ve always wanted to start reading Iron Man but didn’t know where to start… MAAANG go read the Iron Man Extremis TPB because that’s where he got his MvC 3 outfit man what else matters! :rofl: Nah seriously maybe this whole .1 thing will be just as good! :sweat:

On the Disney end of things the next issue of Chip 'N Dale Rescue Rangers comes out. And don’t forget about Uncle Scrooge #400! :clapdos: He’s been the richest duck in the world since 1952. No wonder Disney bought Marvel and not the other way around! :looney: Now if you’ll excuse me I will break dance to the Duck Tales Moon Theme from the Capcom game in his honor! Like Bubba Duck would say, “SCOOOOOOOOOOGE!” :rock:

[media=youtube]KF32DRg9opA[/media]

The Final issue of Invaders Now drops! SHUMA-GORATH HELL YEAH! :rock:

Let’s see what else… Tomasi takes over the writing chores on Batman and Robin, Wolverine hits 1,000 (shyeah right lol) and there’s a Wolvie .1 issue. G.I. Joe A Real American Hero, ASM, Superman, Carnage, New Avengers MvC 1 final boss Onslaught returns in Onslaught Unleashed… Oh and did I mention SHUMA-GOOOOOOOORAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATH!!! Have you seen his MvC 3 screenshots? SEXAY SEXAY! :cool:

Shoryuken - Official Marvel vs Capcom 3 Jill and Shuma Screenshots!

Hey Sano an update would be nice, I actually use this to see if I should bother going to the store this week or just let it accumulate.

The update for tomorrow is in the above post. The one for next week won’t be out until Thursday or Friday.

How dare you take logic into this equation!

…But thank you Sano.

LOL you’re welcome! Unless something mind blowingly amazing comes out next week (and Invaders Now with Shuma-Gorath is tomorrow) the comic I’m most concerned with is the one that comes with the pre-order of MvC3!

…Even though the artist messed up and drew Dante’s sword Rebellion asleep when it’s awakened in MvC3. Maybe Dormmamu’s presence scared Rebellion back to sleep? No-Prize please!

Yeah turns out the mini comic that comes with the pre-order of Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is still the most exciting comic that comes out next week for me heh! :rock:

There’s still some goodies though. DC drops Batman and another issue of DC Universe Online!

Marvel puts out a .1 issue of ASM with the new Venom, and then there’s Loki, Wolverine and Uncanny X-Force to round things out for me!

Aside from Marvel and DC stuff there’s Shonen Jump on the manga end of things and for Disney stuff, Darkwing Duck and Donald Duck And Friends with more classic Carl Barks reprints!

… But yeah that’s all well and good but MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 3 COMES OUT NEXT WEEK!!! GET HYPE!!! :party:

Skull Kickers #6 comes out next week! :tup:

Age of X is officially underway in this week’s issue of X-Men Legacy. The Fantastic Four start to miss, you know that member who just died and you should really know who that is by now… :wonder:

Despite President’s Day comics will still hit stores on Wednesday in the United States.

So yeah big up to all of the Presidents out there! That includes Lex Luthor who was President in the DC Universe for a while, Stephen Colbert who almost became President of the Marvel Universe and even the M2 Spider-Girlverse (but lost thanks to a Florida mix up ROFL) and of course Obama! Oh and let’s not forget that Mr. President that shows up in one of those Marvel vs. Capcom 3 endings. Not saying which ending because this post is as spoiler free as I can get. Just make sure you make Rad Spencer AKA Bionic Commando Secretary of Defense Mr. President MAAANG he can do a better job than both Iron Man and Norman Osborn yep yep! :looney:

LOL seriously for those who are taking a day off from work on Monday have fun and be safe! :party:

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the All-Star Superman animated movie comes out on DVD and Blu-Ray on Tuesday! :smile:

DC Universe Online Legends is still going strong! :rock:

Marvel kicks off Ronin this week! Been wondering why mayor JJJ lets X-Factor operate in NYC? Well that gets answered this week so no more sleepless nights! Now if only they would tell us how the heck Spider-Man lost his organic webbing and went back to web-shooters… Oh and there’s a FREE Fear Itself sketch book at participating comic book stores! :tup:

Shonen Jump comes out, and the last issue was only 2 weeks ago whoa… It’s getting revamped too. :wow: Hmm, will it get revamped in a way where Naruto beats the crap out of Sasuke, throws Sakura off a building, marries Hinata and Watsuki starts doing a Sagara Sanosuke manga where he travels the world beating people up? Eh a fella can dream can’t he? :looney:

On the Disney end of things there’s a Darkwing Duck Annual, Chip 'N Dale Rescue Rangers and a Don Rosa reprint in this week’s Uncle Scrooge! :party:

Double dose of ass kicking this week with Batman Inc. and Batman and Robin!

Marvel’s doing their thing with Ronin, New Avengers, more X-Men Legacy and the final boss of Marvel vs. Capcom 1 Onslaught is still unleashed!

Donald Duck and Friends continues with another Carl Barks reprint!

On the manga side of things, Rumiko Takahashi the creator of Ranma 1/2 and Inu Yasha drops Rin-ne volume 5. It’s still early enough for you to get in on the ground floor. In before the 2,000 episode anime!

Mega Man Battle Network Official Complete Works comes out next week!

Also there’s going to be an Avengers Children’s Crusade Young Avengers one shot from Heinberg coming out next week. Alan Davis on pencils too!

Batman Inc. #4 comes out next week, only a few weeks after #3! Playing catch up since the book is so late lol! Always worth the wait though.

G.l. Joe A Real American Hero continues to fight for freedom. YO JOE!

Marvel’s Ronin continues with the issue I’ve been waiting for. Psylocke in ancient Japan. HELL YEAH!

FF #1 comes out with Spider-Man on the new FF squad. Interesting!

Chapter 1 of ‘Death of Spider-Man’ starts next week in Ultimate Spider-Man with Bagley back on pencils!

Walt Disney’s Comics and Stories will have a rare Floyd Gottfredson story too!

http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/weeklyrelease.asp

Godzilla returns to comics next week! :woot: And he just might be stomping on your favorite LCS too! Special thanks to Odin for pointing this out a while back.

http://shoryuken.com/f214/godzilla-1-variants-does-your-comic-store-have-one-266433/?daysprune=365

Age of X Universe drops and Ronin wraps too. Avengers, Amazing Spider-Man, Wolverine and X-23 are the rest of the Marvel comics I’m going to try to buy before Godzilla steps on my store! Godzilla stomped through the Marvel Universe in the '70s when Marvel had the license so you know he’s hating! "GOJIRA GOJIRA!

Next week you have nothing to fear except the possibility of Fear Itself #1! Marvel’s biggest event since Siege!

And WON’T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN? Avengers The Children’s Crusade #5 that is!