New Chun-Li ComboVideo By Shin

This is the New Video… new combos, setups and a little more… enjoy =)

Soom The High quality version =))))

[media=youtube]AFWUAAMSnMo[/media]

Nice. Especially the assist kill stuff, 100foot kick super set ups and the 8 stomp combo.

as I expected from you, really good stuff.

yeah! this video is better than before, editting is better, combos are clearer… and that multi stomp combos are insane!

congrats!

seilaoque

Will you do a transcript for this one also?

Thanks in advance.

I also have a question. Actually, a bunch of questions…
1]What are the properties of the Chun-Li Anti Air/b assist?
2]What are some similarities and differences in terms of invulnerability and priority In relation to say, Cyclops-b, or Psylocke AA?
3]I don’t remember how much invulnerability if any the assist has if any, and the level of priority. Please elaborate on this stuff.

How easy is it to fall for it, and how good is it at defeating cross-ups and triangle jumps?

Random thoughts about the Video:
-This video is much better than the first one, and I deem the first one revolutionary.
-Thank you for making me care more about what Chun-Li is capable of and wanting to explore her more. I suspected she was FAR better than everyone was giving her credit for, say, 25-35th, but I didn’t expect her to be THIS good.
-The information in these 2 videos appear to be almost 100% newly discovered material. Stuff we should have figured out 6-8 years ago, but I along with everyone else were too distracted or lazy to figure out. Thank you for the information, and I look forwards to the next video. We need more revolutionary players like yourself.
-These 2 videos are the best Chun-Li videos for MvC2 ever, and are a revolution in Chun-Li.

Random Thoughts on Chun-Li:
-She FINALLY gets the attention she deserves.
-IMO She’s roughly as good as [and possibly better than] Psylocke as a point character [and has better mix-ups].
-Cross-up capabilities via sj, adf, attacks. Risk of hitting on one side, than dropping out of the dash hitting on the other before hitting the ground. Maybe Shun knows something about this. I know it’s possible though. Dreamcast testing proved so.
-I think she might be good against Cable. Not as good as say, Magneto, Morrigan, or Storm, but whatever…
-Drastically underrated character. Possibly low top 20 material. I’m thinking, 15-20 [meaning she’s worth a VERY serious look]
-At the VERY least she should be an assist alternative [Morrigan too…].

Feel free to comment on my thoughts and questions about the character.

That is INSANE!

I love you, you fat stinky bastard!

Who is MEGAMAN DS?

I Know Shin-Chan, HE is the Chun-Li MASTA!

He is a friend of mine!

Go Chun, bop bop bop, bop to the TOP!

AWesome!

LVL UP!

You make me want to play her so bad. Seriously, I always thought she had more potential, but you outright blew shit up with her. This is a bit much but I’d love a basics tutorial with her, but I’ll hit up the transcripts from the first vid before anything else.

;p

At first, thank you for the attention to my videos… =) Thanks form the botton of my heart!

Well… all I can say for now (don’t got Dreamcast nor have matchs these days) is that the angle she attacks is perfect vs Sentinel. She doen’t have much invulnerability but is good enought to take off triangle jumps… can say for sure bout cross-ups

• lol… thx… I think the first one had more new stuff but… oh well… the second one took me much more work
  • Come on… it’s really greatfull to see ppl wanting to play her again… that’s enought for me =)
  • I wouldn’t say 100% but some easy things (like the stomp air to ground combo or the 8 stomp combos) that can make she more strong in a real match. I thinks taht was my lucky XD
    -wa wait… come on…Joo, Magnetro…blablabla… there r masters of MvC2 combovideos… Im just a starter =p
    [/quote]

Random Thoughts on Chun-Li:
-She FINALLY gets the attention she deserves.
-IMO She’s roughly as good as [and possibly better than] Psylocke as a point character [and has better mix-ups].
-Cross-up capabilities via sj, adf, attacks. Risk of hitting on one side, than dropping out of the dash hitting on the other before hitting the ground. Maybe Shun knows something about this. I know it’s possible though. Dreamcast testing proved so.
-I think she might be good against Cable. Not as good as say, Magneto, Morrigan, or Storm, but whatever…
-Drastically underrated character. Possibly low top 20 material. I’m thinking, 15-20 [meaning she’s worth a VERY serious look]
-At the VERY least she should be an assist alternative [Morrigan too…].

tats it right?

hehe… thx for the coments and all… cya =)

LOL… wait wait… Im not a pro nor nothing lol…a tutorial… mmmm u can see the last video threat has a good explanation of the combos and how to make then… but tutorial… mmmmmmmm… maybe in the future… cause it’s too hard for me I guess XD but thx for your coment… too hapy knowing ppl likes and wan’t to play Chun-Li so bad!!!

Dreamcasts are dirt cheap now. Just go on E-Bay, or to a popular second hand store and ask around. Phone a few. Bargain finder is a good place.

Also, check out some of the custom versions that you can find and assemble a home custom version, or ask someone for one.
It may take some research, but it is still possible to get a Dreamcast. Mine recently broke, and I was able to get it fixed because someone had the parts. Also, when I checked around using the phone, I was able to locate [and could have bought] one.

Maybe someone can find some sick guardbreaks for her. Especially ones that go right into the infinite.

My questions are as follows…
1]Are there any mid screen guard breaks for Chun-li [preferably solo ones into the infinite]
2]Are there any corner guard breaks [preferably solo ones into the infinite]
3]If so, what are they

My thought processes are along replicating a Storm, or Ironman style guardbreak where I sj, fire off an attack [lk for example…], then, airdashing forwards with attacks and guardbreaking them with a pause, lp, lk, pause, hk [1 hit], and putting them in the infinite. Not sure, haven’t tested it. If it works, it’d probably be unbreakable.

I’m basically up to no good with Chun-Li. When Chun-Li gets done killing one guy with infinites [possibly into resets back into infinites…,] into snaps or supers I seriously plan to kill or maim the next guy off the guardbreak.

This IS revolutionary stuff. At least for Chun-Li, I mean. And if that assist can defeat triangle jumps, it’s going with my BH, Sentinel, Cable, etc… and if it’s good vs Sentinel, I won’t hesitate to use it. [It does get smacked around by Capcom assist though. BOOO!!!]

The reason I say we need more players like you is because you are at least willing to take the time to invest in characters outside the big 4, and find ways of making lesser characters useful.

I can’t wait for the transcript of the second video. I already have the first.

haloo… u.u… Im from Brazil man XDDD not that cheap hehe the actually I bought a optical reader already… just didn’t got here…

U sute r curious huh XDDD ok…
Look… I will not tell yet the easier ones (I need stuff for the next video right? u.u) but heres a way for both situations:

Instant double jump, j.lk, wait,j.lp, j.lk, jump, lk, stomp, dash, lk, hk 1 hit…

The isntant double jump would be SJ xx with jump (the difference is that u will have the super jump property but slmaller height… helping this shit out =))

ops… hadn’t read that… yeah that works but it will work better in corner, i mid screen, the option I gave is more realiable (solo of course… usin psy… nothing os these r necessary btw… =p)

THx again and yeah… u r right, get smacket by capcom BUT it still get some hits on sentinel… that will give game advantage cause capcom will be pretty defenceless u know =)

in July of 2006 I didn’t had that in mind… but When I say a Shoto here in Brazil Making miracles… Bison and Omega Red… Stuffs for me almost impossible … Psy as point caracter player insanelly… Don’t know… just made me retry to make sometihing good with Chun-Li… a freind of Mine, Glauco Ishiyama sayd a lot bout making good a character u like…
Chun-Li got in my mind… the fact she was shitty made me fell sad… .but later made me wan’t to make her good… as a chalange you know… in the start impossible I think… but today… as I can you ppl say here… isn’t that impossible at all…
I can tell… I almost gave up…bu the moment I realised that the stomp could be “canceled” (the recover is canceled) into dash, I saw a light (lol) and I started again to train for new stuff… and… I got here… I guess it’s already something good…
Now that more ppl r playing with her, tryng to make her better, now she got a chence to be well played right?
TIer r important… but sometimes I think if we play with a char we like… maybe it can make a diference right? =)… a little dreamer thought but… well…

I say that but for now I play rowtron or MSP stuff lol… cause Im training her and trying to make consistent her combos and strategies to make her strom (sorry to disapoint… but I don’t have recent god matches… for not training and only 4 ppl playing marvel in my city… (no arcade and 2 of the like more CvS2 or SSF2T then marvel… so…)oh well… sorry… I talked too much bout my life -__-

Belive me… some players here in Brazil would make you guys surprise =))))

Finishing… I can’t say how much Im greatfull for your questions and interest cause that helps me a lot… u don’t know how much… and the transcript… oh man -__- … I will think bout it… cause that gives a shitty work XDDDD

cya… thx for the coments

:rock:

about that guard break…:looney: :sweat:

i wouldn’t say that psylocke is without a nearly equal speed hi-lo game tho(2 frames slower than chun).

her uf fk + her double jump combo followups + it leads back into same dumb hi-lo mix-up = silly,random and effective

about her assist, doesn’t seem like it has any invincibility

morrigan and guile are wipin their ass with her no matter when I counter call.

cable is a wierd assist property match-up, it seems like cable has hitbox issues here. Chun comes out fast and will have her hitbox out where it hits cable before he starts the scimitar(where all its cheap priority comes from)

call her vs tron and she wont fly past any part of the rings,

even with those problems, the assist is pretty fast, so even tho it loses to projectiles like doom/tron, if you counter call early enough, she’ll still win because her hitbox is fast to appear. son son assist is ridiculous for the same reason.

sonson aa will give more blockstun vs crouchblocking opponents if you compare the helpers. chun hits once from her common use range + in close. She will probably hit 2 vs the robot and jugg for a lil more blockstun. Not free stun like cyc which sucks.

I also out prioritized her with mag c.fp to beat her out as her hitbox was active, not easy to time cuz shes pops out quickly. seems like you can time hits to stop her.

Since u posted up evil chun-li set-ups, i have a couple for psy i’ll throw out there.

w/ tron

uf fk, double jump lk,call tron, then mk, delay fp land-> standing lp,s.mk,bladeXXsuper

you can do other variations that are more basic, but thats a silly looking+ big life + ez dhc’s(headcrush is ez 1 touch kill)

w/ jug(belly flop type, it lets her do ghetto unblockable sequences mid rush with her chains into c.fk+ jug assist hitting overhead)

that can get pretty hard to block when psy can follow up the first hi-lo blockstun with another hi-lo option. I don’t think most people can block that fast.

uf fk, double jump lk+jug, mk,fk, land c.fp is pretty easy ez to dhc for 100%

instant overheads from low tiers=broken marvel at it’s best

morrigans jump lp and psy uf fk can be used in ways that are faster than 9 out of 10 of magnus set-ups.

even juggy jump lk will hit on the way up if you time it properly (pretty funny to get random pin with tron and land thatXXdeath)

shin-chan, srry for the long post

videos like this one really show what happens when you put alot of effort into developing options with a “low-tier character”

more plz

Shin-Chan you rocks! The master Chun Li player of the world! Its been such a long time since I’ve ever been so excited over a marvel combo video. I really like how the comments were included in the video. They help clueless low tier players like me understand the video very well. The editing this time round was really fantastic too. Definitely looking forward to your future works!

Thank You again… and ya… I agre… the assist dont have much invulnerability (maybe none) but as I told… she has good angle vs sentinel and nas high priority in first hit. U can’t hit all the time like commando/cyclops/psylock, but its really usefull.
next time I will try to show some assists uses she has (like only her =) )

And thx agian, good to se you guys liked the Edition and combos as well (this time I used Vegas lol)… next work I will take more time todo, I will make it preattyer for sure (I just need my DC then it’s all solved XD)

OH… something I forgot to put the video

The Stomp at start vs magneto is ok but dont work like that on sentinel, u can make it work just adding a lk first. so the combo would be:

j.lk+psy, stomp, dash.lk -blablabla

=)

dood when are you gonna release the transcripts
or just random combos with her

mmmm I don’t know… As I told… it take some work -__-… how many ppl want it?

Get in touch with Preppy on this site so he hosts the video for others to dl, it is really great stuff.

That 8 hit stomp combo is nasty man, too bad chun doesn’t have her air super from MvC1, if she did, she would have more retarded stuff to mess with.

if she had that… she would be a really pain in the ass for Sentinel…

Oh yeah, I already talked to him… =)… really soon you guys will get the video HQ

i want it i want it yay Shin!!!