NECRO's bad matchups

Elena is 10 times better than Necro. I don’t care about tiers either, I’m just saying Necro’s is not that good.

Elena is too predictable. She has decent mix-up but her moves are too slow, leaving her with decent low damage pokes and that fucking SA2 :bluu:

Necro is the best…all the Necros you’ve played suck :lol:

-Retro

PS. I’ve gotten tired of arguing this point so, be my guest and remain ignorant :stuck_out_tongue:

What are you SMOKING? Elena predictable? She is one of the most unpredictable characters in the game. CPU Elena can fuck shit up. Now think what a good person can do. Necro is weak. I do play Necro. I know all his tricks. I know what’s abusable and what’s not. He doesn’t have much. Necro is not even CLOSE to being the best. He is about as “best” as Sean. No, forget that. Sean is better than Necro.

That says it all…
From the sound of it you don’t know shit about Necro.

I play against Elena all the time (human contolled too). And She gets very predictable after a while. She just isn’t that deep of a character.

-Retro

PS Necro is cool…heh…

:lol:

CPU Elena is just like CPU Sean–TOO EASY!!!

Anyways, i’m a Dudley player and yes, Necro is tough to beat :(. i find it funny though how you can parry Necro’s Fierce (max range) and immediately bust out a Shoryuken and Necro would get hit :lol:.

Hey geese, i mean, Hey retard!

Any tips for Necro vs Alex, Yun, and Makoto?

necro had bad match up with

yun
makoto
dudley
ken ??
chun

I can see necros having trouble with elena because her roundhouse and back roundhouse outprioritize just about every one of necro’s pokes. I mean, this is after having spent two matches beating out my friend’s moves with roundhouses so it could be a fluke, but I doubt it.

Elena can be predictable, but any character can. All necro has to do is stay slightly defensive and wait for cocky elena to throw out them slow moves and if the elena didn’t distance properly (too far to force blockstun but close enough for necro to respond) it’s a free electric snake. If she’s close, just parry. If the elena starts mixing up the highs and lows, well, necro is going to have some trouble.

Necro, though not a spectacular character, has a great corner game. The problem with a lot of these other characters is that they’ll usually get necro in the corner first (namely elena, makoto, chun li, etc.), and many times it’s hard to get a back throw in edgewise.

When my friend is fighting these tough matchups, I see him being intentionally repetitive to bait parries and get an electric snake in. At which point he can shift momentum.

There aren’t many elena players at the arcade i go to. There was one, but he’s switched to dudley. Elenas shouldnt’ be too hard, most of her attacks can be parried high, so you just gotta wait for that parry, and make her eat a combo.

I have trouble vs good makotos. Can’t really do anything vs wake-up karasukas, 'cept throw or jump.

Geese the Canadian Retard (no offense to TOSF) strikes again.

Necro has the potential to be 2nd Tier (Dudley, Makoto, Urien level) with Electric Snake. Go look out for a guy named “Sugiyama.”

On another note, Necro vs. Ken isn’t that bad. Necro gets to stop dash-in attempts with the threat of b+strong >> SA3 (that’s a LINK), or keeping him from sticking out C.Forwards and sweeps with standing Strong xx SA3 (Cancel).

Actually, Strong xx SA3 works very well as an all-purpose mid-screen retaliation. Elena can’t toss out Roundhouses at mid-range to hit your pokes because you’re too busy punishing them with Strong xx SA3s.

Also, sticking out the b+strong after a Roundhouse Drill Kick is great when you’re trying to bait them into an opening for SA3.

I do the b+short, strong really fast so I have more time to do the super motion. Then I just don’t hit the button if it was blocked.

I used to always use SA3, but I’ve found that against characters, or players, that jump a lot, SA1 is a little more practical. It has a suprisingly short bar. I particularly use it against Yun because I can’t find another way to stop dive kicks consistently.

Matchups with Makoto arent that bad either. They just require some discipline. One thing you can do is use her long dash against her. S.strong, b+strong, c.short, b+short, c.jab, b+roundhouse are all free and can xx into SA3 if you stay within her dash range. Obviously, the proper normal to use depends on the distance between you and Makoto so practice that.

Due to her command grab and c.short xx SA1, a common impulse against Makoto is to stay the hell away. But this renders Necro’s best normals useless. Don’t be afraid to stay somewhere within her dash range. Just watch for Hayate cancels, t+roundhouse mixups, c.strongs, random Hayates, and all the other crazy stuff that Arlieth does. :lol:

Cheers.

I have some probs with Remy at times, and I respect Dudley.
The biggest problem char for my Necro is Chun…crap dammit…
His moves come out slow vs hers, and I can’t seem to get lockdown or pressure on her. I know that ES should be the super of choice, I didn’t use that one at the time.

Arlieth the American fag strikes again. You sucking some Jap cock now Arlieth cause the Necro resurgence has arrived? You saw some vids and now you think he’s good? rofl…silly drone, get a clue.

I used Alex a lot, but apart from SA1, how do you avoid Stungun chained after MP Flashchop with Necro?

I just tried it on the dreamcast, and I found that a well timed back + strong will hit alex out of it when he’s about to grab you, or you can just dash under him.

Horrible matchups for Necro.

1. Remy
  • all of his jumping punch attacks beat out your drill, even if you drill first and then he jumps in the air to hit you.
  • low fierce beats any drill
  • Necro can’t retaliate after Remy does any of his sonic booms.

so basically, Remy wins the runaway game and if you try to chase after him by jumping in, you can’t drill and it’s a pain in the ass to predict a parry in the air with Necro.

1. Makoto
  • most of her normals will beat all of Necro’s normals.
  • jump straight up roundhouse is the perfect anti air against close up drills.
  • even if you are expecting a dash in from makoto, she’ll end up right next to you really easily since Necro’s back+strong isn’t the same as Ken’s low strong.

Makoto is just a hard matchup to win. Her normals are too good and have high priority plus she’s a “fast” character. Add to that countering the drills is easy for her to do as well and it’s a really bad uphill battle for Necro, no matter what super you use.

1. Chun Li
  • her back+fierce owns every normal other than low forward and you have to time it right
  • neutral strong whiffs when she’s crouching
  • the drills don’t hit her right so when you’re expecting 2 hits, the 2nd hit never connects and she gets a free low forward -> SA2

What can I say. It’s Chun. Necro can win this match if she attacks you but when she starts turtling, it’s pretty much over for Necro unless Chun makes mistakes like not able to link SA2 4 times in a round. Her karathrow means you can’t block low all the time and she’s always spazzing low forward which means you can’t spaz standing strong to keep her out. It’s hard for her to get in as well but all she needs is land low forward once and it’s over while you need to land 2 stun combos on her which is extremely hard to do against a turtling chun.

:slight_smile: none taken Arlieth, TOSF hates Geese more then the rest of the community.

yang turtle is very hard