NECRO's bad matchups

what are they ?
one i can think of is oro, he seems to give necro trouble AA wise and just pressures him with easie.

remy and makoto are pretty damn bad matchups.

remy

• low fierce beats all of necro’s air moves including drills and it doesn’t matter how good you are at parrying that cause after you parry it, there’s nothing much you can do anyways.
  • he can EX flash kick after a blocked or a hit drill and necro will be countered unless the drill hits very low
  • necro can’t fierce through high or low booms so you can’t even trade hits.
  • basically, if remy just sits there doing nothing but throw booms all day, necro’s dead

makoto

• her jump roundhouse beats all of necro’s air attacks
  • all her normal moves outprioritize necro’s normals, making it extremely difficult to pressure her.

i think those are the 2 worst characters for necro to face. just so disadvantaged it’s not even funny.

I have a extreamly hard time fighting Urien when he turtles up and does standing fierce.

try using a jab electricity as AA against Oro.

I used to think that Necro was a hard matchup for Hugo, but I think it’s the other way around now that I’ve discovered Hugo’s cr. strong beats like all of Necro’s pokes :smiley:

Well, I’m not sure Its THAT in their favor. Against Remy You don’t Have to jump and drill/attack, you could just Jump so you land out of range of any of his normals. Priority Usually isn’t a real problem w/ Necro because he doesn’t need to be throwing out random pokes anyway, his Vitality doesn’t suit it. Try and draw out high-recovery moves (Makoto and Remy both have a lot of them) and then work for the stun.

As far as Hugo, I don’t think he’s a counter character at all. Stay just outside of throw range and Necro can work him over like no other. Especially if you get him cornered:evil:

Urien on the other hand, I agree with it being a tough match. A turtle Urien w/ Aegis is a tough match for anybody though, not just Necro. If he’s Just standing there Fiercing, tag him w/ a ducking Forward or two as your moving in.

One thing to remember when playing Necro (IMO) is to NOT turtle up and let the other guy pressure you, Necro should be the pressure character. I’ve never seen a turtle Necro win on a regular basis. He doesn’t have the life to take any hits and wait for a counter, but he does have the Mix-up, combos, and ESPECIALLY the stun to dish out some serious damage. When your Necro, Lock that shit down!!!:wink:

-Retro

Heh, I was half-joking :slight_smile:

I don’t have very much experience with this matchup, but I’ve found that playing Hugo A2 Rose style and just sticking out low strongs is very effective against Necro. If he tries to poke with anything the low strong will beat it straight up.

Again, I hardly ever play against Necro so I could be way off, but I have used this strategy effectively. It either worked because it’s a good strategy, or my opponent didn’t know how to counter it.

Actually there are a few things Poke-wise that he could have done.
Necro’s B+strong will beat it out clean almost all the time at sweep distance, and B+Forward will beat it clean up close (leading to an electric-snake combo) Also Necro’s standing Fierce will Beat it every single time clean if Hugo missed Necro w/ the low strong by any distance. Not only that but a late standing strong will also hit Hugo as he recovers (window is small but does work)
Hugos Crouching strong is also slow enough to get tagged by Necro’s hopping command overhead if he sees it comming.

There are probably numerous other ways to beat it as well those are just the ones I can think of right now.

-Retro

it also seems to me ken is a really bad matchup for necro poke inside sweep range and speed wise…

Good to know, thanks for the info.

Can u guys do SAI on reaction after a connected back+short, standing strong chain? If u can do it consistenly ur Necro OWNS.

Damn, I wrote a three paragraph response to this, but it got deleted:mad:
oh well…

To sum up what I wrote.

1. Ken is not that bad a matc-hup for Necro at all. He has a better chance against the Ken-whore than most actually. Just look for big combo openings and go for the stun. (all shotos are very easy to juggle w/ Necro)

2. Yun is about the only bad match-up IMO. His SA3 is the only reson for this though. That thing can turn the tides VERY easily because of Necros low stamina.

3. (and the main point)

“USE SA3(electric snake) IF YOU WANT TO USE NECRO RIGHT!!!111”

SA1 makes you too dependant on it. SA2’s meter is WAY too long for Necro. SA3 is by far the best, because it will teach you how to actually use the bastard. The reson for this…It won’t land unless you combo into it. It won’t do any damage unless YOU do damage. It forces you to learn all of Necro’s moves, be they normals or specials.

I used to see bad matchups all the time for Necro, but after I started to use SA3 I could see everything in a whole new light. (its starting to sound like an infomertial:p ) Necros stun is just too good. The meter builds in as little as 4 hits sometimes. with just one super built up (half the full meter), I’ve managed to stun people like Ken and Chun with just 5 hits:eek:
Its that strong. Its a Lot harder than SA1 is to use, but then again, If your playing as Necro your probably not just looking for the easy win anyway;)

-Retro

Yes, but Its easy because you can pause a little between the short and the strong, just look at the B+short and then if it hits…immediatly Jump on the strong->super :smiley:
(HINT: use Jab for the super. that way if you screw up the super only a quick spin will come out instead of the fierce one, it’s just harder to punish)

I don’t like SA1 anymore though. His ability to stun is just too strong:evil:

-Retro

Thanks! I didnt know u could wait a bit in the middle of the chain. Thats valuable info! :smiley:

For some reson I think I didn’t really explain it that well. I ment to say.

You can actually do the combo slower than most chain combos. When you do B+short -> strong…you can actually do the chain slower than most chains (waiting about a button press between them)

Basically Just do the combo slower. It’s still not like you can hit B+short and then wait and see if that hits before you go into strong. but you can kind of slow down the chain making it obvious if its hitting or not.

I hope that makes sense.:sweat:

-Retro

Well I don’t use Necro but my friend does…

I use these characters:
Ryu, Oro, Remy, Dudley, Sean, and Hugo and the ones I beat him the easiest with is Dudley.

With Dudley I can cross counter a lot of his long range pokes pretty easily and hcb+k to slide away and uppercut him when he does that jump in overhead thing (I’d say UOH but i’m pretty sure its a command overhead).

As far as the characters I don’t use - well I don’t use them.

You shouldn’t be able to land too many of those on Necro, he is probably doing them to much or in a predictable pattern.

As for the overhead move, I’d probably be much easier (and more benificial) for you to parry it->combo (Dudley has those vicious EX combos) Once again he probably shouldn’t be doing that stuff as often. The less he does it the more likely it’ll work.

-Retro

PS Necro actually does pretty good against Dudley. You just have to remember not to get hit by any meaty normals (those lead to big combos) and that dudley can’t guard his feet for shit, use it how you will :cool:

While I was the one arcticninja was referring to, I would like to point out that I was messing around. I kept doing c. forward cause it was funny seeing that shit get owned by c. strong. In all seriousness though, Hugo can fuck Necro up like no other. His pokes have higher priority, and are faster. Getting in is no problem since Hugo’s splash ownz the fuck outta Necro. Once he gets in, s. strong and c. strong own him too. Necro’s main advantage on Hugo is the drill, which Hugo has trouble with. Other than that, it’s all Hugo really. Just to add some extra stuff, I think overall, Hugo is a much better character than Necro. Necro is one of the weakest characters in the game. He has some nice supers, and an idiot proof way to connect Magnetic Storm (b+short, s. strong), and nice long range c. forward, and even nice anti-airs, but he’s not good at forcing damage other than baiting, and he’s not strong either. Having said that, Necro is a cool character, and his taunt is top tier since you can hold it.

I’m pretty sure Hugo can piledrive you even if you hit him with the drill.

Only if your an idiot and do it right on top of him. If the drill is done at the right distance it’ll leave some space between Necro and the opponent (he’ll bounce back a little after the secound hit;) ) One thing to remember against Hugo is that while Hugo is in the corner the drill is a cross-up…BUT, Hugo will recover before Necro does giving him plenty of time to smash poor Necro to bits.

Necro is cooler than Hugo will ever be…fuck teirs, I’m sick of hearing how bad Necro sucks (my friend gets the same shit with Elena) even while I rock people with him.:bluu:

-Retro