Necro $.

Necro can punish Akuma’s RH hurricanes with a close to reversal timed Magnetic Storm (I believe any move with 2 frames of start-up or less can do this). This is nice, since he’s got no response to them otherwise besides blocking or backing away.
The downside is you lose your stun scare if you play SA1 VS Akuma, but SA1’s probably better for dealing with his air game anyway.

can b. lp punish rh hurricanes?

I have been able to do it after ducking the first bunch of hits and then duck blocking the last one, but that’s not reliable at all and would only really work in the corner. Even then, you need reversal timing.
It’s sort of like Remy’s RH cold blue kick. Technically, it’s punishable, but you probably shouldn’t try.

about gouki rh hurricane kick …if he do this and you are crouch you can block and parry last kick from other side …if you are corner some times you only need block crouch and grab…if you have fear you can stop he do this forever with b.short >strong but you lose if he try a shoryuken you can red parry last hit>punish…etc…

Yeah I do c. lk xx sa3 often, its not too hard. Just buffer one hadoken motion and press the lk at the :df:, when u hear the low slap noise the kick makes just buffer the second hadoken motion and execute.

Can we talk more about bad match-ups for Necro? I’d say his worst are against Yun/Makoto/Chun, but not sure of the order. Yun’s scary for Necro because he can do so MUCH damage to him w/ Genei Jin (Necro-specific combos, right?); Makoto and Chun just have INSANE priority against him. At least with Chun, it’s hard to stop his drill kicks–I think she’s worse than Makoto cos Makoto has to take more risks to win in general. Ken doesn’t seem that bad, but I’m having trouble beating a player at UCLA who’s gotten CRAZY and can beat EVERYBODY he plays, and that includes FFA :looney: I usually just get a round after him for some reason…

The only matchup I have a lot of problems with recently is Yang.

vs Chun just out turtle and play smart. Mixup a lot and watch your footing for her c. mk and u should be ok. Also be careful of the angle u dive kick her so she doesn’t do Parry -> free hit all the time. She’s a hard match for pretty much everyone so its unavoidable. Just play it safe and mixup and you can win.

Yun is hard because of the damage of Geneijin sure, but he’s not impossible.

Punish dive kicks when they abuse them with either timed b + hp, parry -> b + mk xx sa1, or your own anti air dive kick. Yun dive Kick beats c. mp everytime unless its early so dont try to beat it with that very often, unless you’re psychic xD. I also found that if u learn Yun’s ranges for his dive kick. You can usually beat his dive kick clean with b + mk if he tries it, because necro raises his leg and he’ll whiff the dive kick.

When Yun is near geneijin, (like about 75% there) start playing super safe. Pro Yuns, will do stuff like c. lk x lp shoulder and get geneijin and rape u for trying to do anything. Dont let that happen and just block. When Yun gets his geneijin, and he’s far run away with backdash to make him lose a bit of it and then block. If you have quick eyes, punish f + mk from yun in the genei jin, with b + lp/mp. But otherwise, dont take risks. Once he doesn’t have meter, approach him at his general max ranges, and pressure him. If he gets back 75% meter, repeat. It’s a hard matchup but its nowhere as bad as Yang I dont think.

Makoto, is the same for everyone, except you have a dive kick lol. She needs random to win so you gotta rely mostly on luck. But if u get caught in a pressure string, dont start pussying out and getting careless. hayate’s on hit have frame adv for makoto so they usually can do w/e they want. And its usually a mixup between, another hayate/karakusa/ex tsurugi/ex chop(dunno the name). That’s 4 diff things, so its mostly luck.

I’ve been trying to do this vs makoto in attempt to stop some of that gay mixup by doing this input: [:r:, neutral,:d:,:ub:, neutral, :r:,:d:,:hk:]. In THEORY it should do parry (if they do hayate/ex chop), then super jump backwards(avoid karakusa) and parry (if they do ex tsurugi), and then cancel the super jump into RH drill kick to get u back on the floor.

So far…it hasn’t worked :lol:. But I think its feasible. If u do an up or up + forward drill kick, that usually gets u thrown afterwards if u do it in that direction, so I opted to whiff the drill by going backwards and regaining my ground. Other pro necros on the forum probably have better skill vs mako than me so they can tell u more I guess.

For me personally however, I think the BEST advice vs makoto is corner abuse. Abuse every opportunity for dmg vs her and that means mastering the corner juggle. She sucks in the corner, and even worse gets juggled like a ragdoll for lots of stun and damage. Abuse it with extreme prejudice! Perfect example: [media=youtube]fK-h0LU5zCk[/media]

Yang…I dunno. Yang really pisses me off and I have pprobs vs him. If u get knocked on the ground, u have a really high chance of losing, so…yeah lol. So far only thing I can figure out that works well all the time is the vs Yun, parry dive kick -> b. mk xx sa1. The slaps are too good, and Necro can’t punish teledashes that well. After his teledash, any move u throw out will usually not hit in time/ or have enough priority to stop w/e he tosses out be it, s. mp, c. lk, ex slaps or whatever. This ends up making u have to block the slaps and not parry them because parrying them and messing up = you knocked on the ground again -> more mixup bs. I’m still slowly trying to learn how to beat this fucker consistently but its really a pain in the ass. But yeah, thats my long random post of help attempt. Good luck with the necro monster.

Necro’s worst match-up next to Yun and Chun’ is definitely Yang. No wake-up tools + Yang = Bad. Plus he totally out ranges and out damages you on the ground. The upside is that you have drills, denpa, and SA1 to keep him relatively grounded.
Watch a couple videos of Sugiyama/Uni/others playing Yang. It generally goes pretty badly for them after the first knock down.
Here’s a tip: You can punish a blocked 2nd slash with reversal SA1. All MP/FP slashes and EX slashes can also be reversal supered on block.

Makoto gets raped in the corner and on wake-up, she can’t punish SA3, and drills are hard for her to stop, plus they let you get out of karakusas safely and still damage her to discourage repeated attempts. She still has her one throw victory crap, but she’s definitely manageable compared to the others as long as you watch for random SA2s.

For Chun’, just do what everyone else does. Rush her down when she doesn’t have meter (be careful with mid-range drills, b. FP stuff them hard) and turtle once she does. Be very very careful with your drill angles and be ready to low block in case it whiffs. Don’t, under any circumstances, command throw her once she has meter. Just poke with c. FK and play keep away if you’ve got a lead.

As for Yun, your air game is a lot better than his so use SJ drills to stay on him. If you’re on the ground, walk don’t run. Well timed SJs and drills will get you out of blocking GJ strings for a while as long as you don’t get too predictable about it. Pino is really good at doing this.

yun air game > necro air game
every move you do in air lose vs j.fierce and j.roundhouse. only shit good about your air game in this match up is your jump is more hight . drills are good .
i pick sa3 now vs yun because necro can buffer electric snake and wait the flash for punish a far genei jin .

It doesn’t for one reason. If you drill him out of the air, you can follow up with SA1. He can’t do the same to you. If you time your drills properly, you shouldn’t be getting knocked out of them anyway.

i think talk about match ups is stupid… i prefer fight vs real players… i have a lot of reasons for pick sa3 vs yun . more stun . he can’t do a far genei jin.(you buffer sa3) more ex moves …and you can do better in the ground if you pick sa3… s.forward is really good vs yun …and you have the advantage in range of your grab after a nockdown sa3 is safe vs yun from some distances…etc

anybody still here?

I wonder if that is 100% correct. Maybe I’m just imagining, but the last time I played at the arcades I don’t think I got thrown out of that move.

its just range. you can get karathrown by characters like chun or command grabbed by other characters.

I have a question guys… I know this has been discussed before but when Necro grabs Makoto when she is in the corner… must it be as close to the corner as possible for this combo (grab>down/back fierce> b.meduim punch)? Or is there anything that must be line for the combo to work? I just started playing Necro a couple days ago and he is really fun. Death to Alex.

The timing is just really strict; it’s not all that distant dependent. You have to db. FP as soon as the throw animation finishes, and it’s hard to tell at first because of the weird animation.

:sad:

Got it working Thanks. And I’m sorry Mackinzie.

wait till you start losing to Hugo and Dudley and well see if Alex is dead.

yea those are *easy *match ups for alex 8)