Necro $.

A++ thread, would reccomend to all of my friends. would read again. A++

Corey is cool

COngrats. If I played as Necro, I would want to be like you. GJ.

So chun lis the only character who can punish for example c.lk xx SAIII at max range? Thats awesome :smiley: Especially seeing as no one really uses SAIII against her (at least i dont).

Obscure, are you sure that something like a sweep is not fast enough / has enough range?

First frames unthrowable of b.fierce?

Maybe its in arcade, because in PS2 version, I tested it and Necro gets thrown out of it consistently.

It could be that Necro moves slightly backwards when doing the move, so, at a certain distance, a throw attempt against him would miss, whereas in normal conditions (standing) Necro would get thrown.

What do you think?

wrong info excuse me…you can throw b.fierce…only shit about b.fierce is necro move a bit back and oponent throw are out of range

i’m keeping this thread subscribed. I want to learn necro.

Just thought I’d add that you can reverse shoto sweeps from close to mid-range with an EX hook. It’s great because the damage is comparable to SA3, it doesn’t take anywhere near as much meter and it throws them right in to the corner.

wow are you serious? That’s really useful information Kyokuji. Does it also keep the crouch damage from that distance?

How does Obscure NOT have a ridiculous amount of rep?

Seriously.

This is amazing shit.

-SH

Crouch damage is kept yes.
It actually works almost up to max range.

The thing about the EX hook is that start-up is actually slightly slower than a jab hook, but it has much longer range on the first hit.
You can use :l::mk: :hcf::3p: in a lot of situtations where :l::mk: :hcf::mp: would whiff.

You can probably substitute one in anywhere where you’re in range to punish with s. MP. Since they have very similar ranges/start-ups.
Urien’s FK/RH tackles and c. FP for instance, or Dudley’s MP/FP MGBs and his dashing upper.

You can also punish:
Elena’s :qcb::k: with FP, and her flares (:l::d::db::k:) with s. MP.
Q’s EX slaps with a close to reversal timed fierce hook.
Oro’s headstomp (blocked 2 hits) with FP or SA3. If it only hits once, punish with back LK > HCF+LP when he lands. Gotta be really fast though.

wow good shit kyokuji. (Totally Unrelated) How do I rep anyone btw?

07 makes my head hurt.

You need to get premium.

-SH

The LK and FK versions of Remy’s cold blue kick can be punished with a throw or a close to reversal timed :l::lk: :hcf::lp:.
The RH version can only be punished by a reversal timed throw. I dunno if I’d try to punish the roundhouse one because the timing’s strict as hell and if you miss, you could end up eating a super or something. On the plus side, it’s the easiest variation to parry.
The EX version is completely safe.

I was looking at the frame data and apparently the RH version actually has more recovery on block, but the hit itself keeps you in block stun longer it seems.

well actually this is good to know , Ill have to make a note of that…

Is necro’s B+MP really supposed to stuff Ken’s shippu? I was at a tournament this weekend and I decided to play necro in casuals and I stuffed alot of ken SA3’s with B+MP…

I dont know if was just a lucky break , but it happened quite often.

Did you hit back MP before the flash? Certain meaty attacks can stop supers cold or at least trade. It’s not something I would rely on though.

I hit it right as the flash started… dunno I figured it was kind of a luck thing.

I find c. LK to be relatively hit confirm-able closer up, given it’s rather forgiving cancel window, and electric snake’s crazy start-up/range
It doesn’t require any crazy reflexes or anything; you just gotta be fishing for it when you stick the normal out. As long as you’re not doing it from max range, you can usually super cancel a little bit after you see it hit. I’ve seen Pino and Uni use it as well.

Just to add, Necro can punish Q’s EX slaps with probably a lot of stuff and Q’s regular slaps with reversal super. Plus, he can’t punish neutral standing fierce unless Q does it from too close.