Necro matchup thread

you have to treat it like a girl. if your too rough, its over and you aint got none. what ive noticed is that people who dont like lolipops have a hard time with small concice movments. i have no problem activating supers, parries or other shit like that cause i dont have to move the stick as much compared to the big black nob sticks. reminds me of galaga or centipede. upgrade bitches!

yeah, im still trying to adjust to JP sticks. I have a problem activating srk motions sometimes. my character either jumps or doesn’t do anything -_-

to make your life easier, a brief way of understanding the lolipop:
there are 4 sensors, up, down, left, and right and when a sensor is activated, it makes a clicking sound for ON and OFF (that is for hori sticks but need to confirm for other brands/models) the sensor is nothing but a push button with no different function than your other buttons, just in a different location and shape.

so since there are 4 sensors and 8 directions, the diagonals are obviously a combination of 2 sensors.the distance between the stick and sensor is about 0.64cm (1/4 inch of movement. that means the ball moves 1/4in from nutural to sensor and the action is sent.

in general, you dont have to mash and move like crazy to do moves, just slow down (literally slow down) and execute. you can actually do sakuras(CVS2-A grove) custom art combo with your pinky and thumb, its a little hard, but that is just to prove that you dont have to use AS MUCH streagth or speed while using a lolipop stick.

ask any person who plays A/P/K grove (CVS2) or utalizes parring in 3s which sticks they would prefer for doing their stunts if they would prefer the lolipop or “big ass stick”. the reason why i say that is because it is easier to move and blah blah blah, stuff comes out easier. i might just make a poll…

LOL (NOT referring to the lolli term), but DOH: I have the EXACT SAME problem. The funny thing is, as my execution and techniques have changed (and hopefully evolved/expanded), I have not only noticed that my strengths and weaknesses change with a U.S. stick, but this also applies to making the switch to JP sticks. In this case, srk motions are once again harder for me to do on the 2p side: I think I’m MISSING the db quadrant of the rotation on the stick on the left/1p side, somehow.

I noticed that in some ways, actually trying to do qcf supers the CONVENTIONAL way–meaning trying to be precise with rotations–actually WORKS better, but I still am not accustomed to it (2p side) and it’s partially that I don’t trust myself and would like to determine a UNIVERSAL method for guaranteeing I connect the super when I have the opening. I usually cancel and link qcf supers w/ the 1st rotation being an attempted half circle from standing attacks, or srk rotations from the crouching position, which sometimes helps me for standing buffers as well. I’m kinda crappy at doing SAs by themselves in general on any stick, or at least at doing it QUICKLY on a consistent basis, but that’s pro’lly cos I trained myself not to use super by itself too often since it’s riskier (SAI as wake-up, e.g., except when I’m pretty sure I’m gonna connect).

it is easier on the 1p side cause you are pushing not pulling the stick. thats why lolipops are easier for execution if you dont play like a gorrilla. smaller, easier, slower motions make everything easier to do. plus you dont have to move your whole body when you do combos (yes i have seen this in america and it looks rediculus) i wouldnt convert to lolipops unless your arcade has them too. train with what you will use on the field.

I’m too puny to act like a gorilla lol. I tend not to press the buttons hard enough, though. It’s true that sometimes you have to put more force into the U.S. sticks, but I’m SOOOOOOO worried about them breaking all the time (the repair guys are only here so often and they get used a LOT), that I try to be…gentle O_O

Denjin arcade over here is all the rage/new and they only use JP sticks to prepare the players for any time they go to SBO (even though it’s another 10 1/2 months :P), and it’s not messing up my execution on U.S. sticks, at least. I go there when possible :slight_smile: They also fix the sticks all the time, so I assume this time that it’s not me.

It seems like 1 of my local arcades fixed their controls while they were bringing in SF4 (hey: whatever helps 3S, ironically!), so execution probs right now are rarer and I just have to keep up my abilities.

Thanks for the input!

Just to add to the vs. urien discussion, I’m gonna discuss head butt a little…

When Urien’s getting up the two most commonly used options are headbutt or throw. We all know baiting throws is good versus every char and part of Necros main strat, especially when they’re high on stun (that back throws a killer). But what to do about that pesky headbutt.
If you do back mk -> mp tornado hooks (your normal high parry mixup), you may hit the headbutt but since they’re in the air urien will get reset and your hooks will whiff and you’ll get thrown. Meaty back fierce -> db.fierce beats headbutt clean though and in the corner you can add a st.mp to the end, for a total of three hits and a reset (yay, necro!). I’ll add to this later…

yeah b.fierce is really good vs urien because beat a lot of the urien options ( headbutt ,thrown, knee move (if he try escape out of the corner))
anway if you land a b.fierce you can do bd.fierce x2>s.jab …

I still would love to see other players’ matches online. I’ve watched ALLLLLLLL of Blaq’s matches, I believe haha.

on ggpo or youtube???

This must’ve been the post I made when I was referring to YOUR matches. I’ve been losing some inspiration lately cos I’m a HORRID player and now at least I am more aware of WHY, so hopefully I can fix it :frowning: I need to option-select on a regular basis. The more I play, I feel like, the less I know. I NEEEEEEED more Necro match-up vids in general, or someone to teach me more Necro in person (show me how to beat our mutual comp over here). I used to think Ken was a decent match-up, but I feel now like I’ve LOST MY MIND for ever thinking that. I guess I just have to keep the bastard in the “sweet spot” w/ hit-confirmed neutral and b+mps and bait the HELL outta him to srk. My friend is just KILLING players over here w/ Ken, Yun and Necro: he’s the only Necro I can’t beat 50% of the time or better.

He was telling me about listening to button presses (works for big-screen-s2s hookups, at least) like J Wong or Valle does for clues, but I dunno HOW he can keep track of that at the same time as general strategy, baiting ppl w/ Necro, and option-selecting.

He also says I don’t attack, when all this time, I thought my Necro was too reckless. Esp. when he plays Yun, he does NOT leave any openings I can see, except ones that are HIGH-risk, and Necro doesn’t want to get stuffed to death by nearly every character due to his lack of priority.

Today was a LITTLE better…I played against a Urien player’s that usually really hard for me to beat. I was trying to be more aggressive and turtle less, and I wound up winning MORE matches in the process. It felt weird, but assuming I wasn’t distracting my opponent w/ my dramatic blabbing, it was legit. Now I just need to face my asswhooping friend again when I can spare the quarters…