Necro matchup thread

that super’s parry rhythm doesn’t change for western players, its the same no matter where you’re from:tup:

i didnt say a damn thing about rythem… I basically said, “western players dont parry as much as Japanese players.” and i dont think that that statment is off either.

Could you point out which part of your OG post you edited? I re-read it but doubt I can recognize what’s old; thereby identifying the new part :slight_smile:

I think he was the one thinking about rhythm, but he thought it was funny for any number of reasons. If we’re talking about empty-jumping in and just parrying the super itself, that’s pretty easy (even for me), but after a parried b+mk/m+mp is trickier. It’s funny cos many of us agree that western players aren’t as good at the Japanese, yet maybe we took it too literally when you said in the west, they can’t parry more than 5 hits lol. It’s at least 11 in the air, when I parried it long ago w/ Alex.

i didn’t really do much=/. but just now i added a sidenote to the beginning, a 0-10 matchup numbering before each match(my opinions), new stuff, and an overall feel of the matchup at the end.

it may just be cuz i’m new to necro but kens like to super jump out with EX tatsu. it makes the matchup feel like 4-6 now. but how do i stop him? do i just catch him when he lands or back fierce him or what? cuz i’m not tryna eat that nasty tatsu.

and i think necro is harder to play against scrubs than good players. all i know with necro for now is like…walk up low parry, tick low parry, tick throw, tick back fierce. some other corner shit, but i usually like parry the most and it doesn’t work against scrubs.

so how do i block string with necro? is there something i’m missing or is it all just a mix between c.lk, back+mk, jab nado hooks, overheads, and drills?

parry and quickly b.lp and dash back or prepare for a low parry xx SA or lp.shoryuken. easier said then done though… took me a bit to get it down for a solid 75% of the time.

Judging by your handle, you’re a marvel player?

I’m surprised by what you said, unless you mostly meant it’s hard to parry random buttonmashers. I tend to find new players the easiest to beat cos they don’t know how to close in on Necro. Even if they DO get in on me and do it well/often, I often throw them back to the other side of the screen w/ the Venom Fang. They’re afraid of jumping cos even if they can parry the Denpa w/ some success, I try to time it so the angle of their descent on the jump forces them to multi-air-parry from both sides, and I NEVER saw anyone parry completely out of that. Those 2 tactics must be more frustrating than intimidating for them (no damage; not a ton of stun either), cos now if they want to get in on me and throw me to death, Ken-style (just cos most pick Ken), they have to do it all over again lol.

Hooks are starting to feel WAY too risky: I’ve had too many good players red-parry the 2nd hit or parry it nearly every time and punish it well, as well as drill kicks (I’m getting too predictable w/ it, I guess). Pino uses the hooks in weird ways (delayed wake-up, for one), but probably only when he can read his opponent very well (it looks pretty random and risky to me). I’m starting to think I should’t use the drill against most characters for pressure so much as to punish whiffed throws/techs. I still use it against cornered Chuns w/ little fear, though.

I think block strings aren’t so important or useful for Necro: I prefer throw set-ups and baiting players (whether they have good reversals moves like wp srk or not). Hell: I’ve even starting to bait successfully against JR (U.S.), and he’s a much better player than me.

vs ex tastumaki out of the corner you can do

1-try beat whit your b.fierce some times work but some times this tatsumaki beat the b.fierce
2-try punish this whit a s.fierce or sa3 when he land

if he try a ex tatsumaki cross up …only go for crouch and punish him badly

anyway necro have advantage in semi long range vs ken because necro moves can frustrate ken players and control space very well your s.strong, c.strong , s.forward and c.forward and your great c.jab (for punish whiff ken moves)
about parry shit whit necro…try not make parry so much …necro is more about footsie ,punish whiffing moves , and corner game don’t try rush him badly because you pressure is solid but not very good …when you know he have frustation or fear …is the time for winning
vs scrubs only block and punish… and if you talk about player who not are very good but not do stupid moves…try a meaty drill kicks and tornado hooks .
maybe i post more about blocking strings whit necro

added urien:woot:

lemme know how you guys deal with him as well

i disagree whit ramza in necro vs urien match ups …because i think necro have clear advantage …keeping away urien. and reward in the footsie in midscreen is in necro favor.
urien lack in safe options (a lot of urien overheads and moves not are safe)
turtle badly vs urien (c.strong , bd.fierce , jab dempa in anti air game…c.forward , s.fierce ,s.strong…etc in footsie…c.jabxsa3 , s.strong xxsa3 for punish whiffing urien moves (like urien’s c.forward for example))

alot of uriens I play won’t even “fight” until they get meter, and then they’ll just pick a spot to tackle XX shield. do you mean its hard for necro to turtle or urien to turtle? I think urien can do a great job of turtling till he can fight with aegis, which is why the match is bad(only slightly), imo…you need to do more work then he does to win.

edit: anyone know where to find that japanese matchup chart? can’t seem to find it

i saw all the matchup charts and didn’t save any of them because they all had garbage info.

oh i just found one here

http://wikiwiki.jp/3rd/?�����䥰����#footer

it looks so fucked up though, i really doubt necro loses to ryu 4-6

if necro know this match up well …he can jump back if he see a tackle move and punish urien whit a j.roundhouse>sa3…if urien make tackle move when he are more near .you can parry tackle and make a down parry por ex aegis and throw urien…or more easy you only block and after the ex aegis …dash back …and urien only can punish you if he do a tackle move …and this is very unsafe …
i think this match up is bad for urien because urien can’t do so much damage in mid screen …of course he have the big priority s.fierce , s.forward and c.forward…but every necro move can do potencialy more damage c.jab xxsa3 s.strong xxsa3…urien are hard time if necro build meter and poking him badly

necro vs ryu is 5-5 but i think ryu have a small advantage …other shit vs gouki or ken …this match ups are really bad …like 7-3
chun is the necro nightmare is 8-2 or worst.
i think you can’t do so much vs chun…i think is better pick other char…like urien or yun vs she

I dunno about Urien…I think if I play him more, I can get used to him. I think the most important thing for anyone is to be wary of his throw set-ups at all times.

Against Urien, I like to bait him to throw me when he’s in the corner. I try to make him whiff so I can b+hp him. Urien seems to be best fought by anyone if they keep him mid-screen (so he can’t Aegis you in the corner or throw you into the corner for Aegis set-ups or the headbutt unblockable set-up near the corner that players often forget he can do in that specific spot).

Sugiyama fights RX very well but they seem to play so cautiously that it seems like a stalemate and both are afraid to take chances, so I’m not sure what to do: HOW to create an opening? It’s probably the hardest part of the game when fighting good turtle/defensive players.

I agree that Urien is 1 of the best characters against Chun. He zones her very well and she has a hard time w/ Aegis. Yun’s free damage from GJ is just scary, PERIOD :stuck_out_tongue:

I think against Chun, you mostly have to be patient and cautious once she has meter. When she has no meter, try to rush her down and push her into the corner w/ drill kicks cos she’s weak in the corner. I think it’s also good to bait her to waste EX w/ wake-up Spinning Birds. I poke at her a lot w/ cr. wp/cr. wk. Except for drill kicks, she seems to beat his jump-ins w/ b+hp. It’s too bad she doesn’t use cr. hk more cos I think Necro’s b+mk beats it.

I think Ryu’s only a bad match-up if he picks Denjin. I pretty much feel it’s the only way he can be played competitively. Denjin is just a personal weakness for me :stuck_out_tongue:

The other shotos are harder, but I think Akuma’s worst cos his air-fireball and dive kick (priority) are hard for Necro to handle. Ken’s not as bad but you have to be wary of double srk ANYwhere. Necro’s wake-up game is nearly non-existent and both of these guys have good throw set-ups. I try to stuff throw attempts w/ b+lk but I think it’s too slow. On the other hand, I get wake-up leg-grab (throw behind you) a LOT cos Necro has good range. Pino does this a lot, and probably the other JP Necros.

ken is bad becuase …ken have a lot of stuffs and this moves are really really fast
gouki is bad becuase the fucking air fireball and mindgames…
and for me ryu is really decent match ups…vs denjin i not have fear because ryu lose this ex fireballs…and have more limited options…i fear more sa1
sugiyama play like a scrubs some times…i remember read a translation and sugiyama talk shit about top tier …making stupid excuses like a scrub.
i can’t understand elena vs necro match ups well…i think is elena favor because elena moves destroy necro ground games…i need more info about this match up

UOH xx SA kills that and is predictable… but i use that on occasion vs slow chars

vs urien you really have to play him and not rush him. by play i mean puppet him around a bit. a lot of uriens willl try to anti air necro with the elecro orb thingy, so jump and parry his orbs about 5 times so he will stop the orb thingys and try to hit you instead. this gets you in closer and you can bust a j.hk xx SAI/III. if you are not good at jumpin parries, just dash back, elbow and get him to dash in, orb, etc and punish with HP. if you do it right he will just get picked for about 30% of his life (throughout the game not all in the first half of the round)

vs uriens rushdown, b.lp keeps him off you half of the time. the things that keeps urien’s rush in game is his axe kick wich moves his low hit frames back because he is on one leg and the move come out just as quick as kens axe kick. his grabs also rape because that is where his unblockable setups come from, so watch out for that. other than that, you play your game and get him to stay at 3/4 screen so he cant grab you. basically, revert back to poke game.

vs chun in general, let her fuck up and hit. rushing chun is like trying to play grab games with hugo or alex. but i stick to cr.mk and j.hp (strait up) cause that is the only shit that she can halfway stop. everything else is a risk when she has gauge and she kills necro more than anyone else in the game. vs good chuns you wont win :frowning:

damn all these SA debates goin on in threads, but with no ones overall opinion. i decided to make a short list while i slowly die at work:

SAI-gouki, chun, elena, ibuki, twins, 12, oro (not vs green orb SA)

SAII-hugo, alex, necro (SAI vs SAI is hella fun)

SAIII- ryu, ken, sean, urien, makoto, dudly, remmy, Q, hugo and alex (not SAI), oro (for green orb SA)

mirror matches, if not both SAI, then i pick the opposite SA of the other necro… i dont know why, but that works best IMO

I’m trying to adapt to JP sticks and it’s taking some time…I hope to keep improving! EEEEEEK lol. How do you guys DO it!!! I guess I just have to treat it differently and adjust to different sensitivities. 'Hell…I’m just a crappy player and I need to overhaul my gameplay in general :frowning:

I dunno how good U.S. Necros are these days, but it seems that when I beat better players w/ him, they often switch to Necro as a mind game in and of itself. I seldom lose this match-up, currently. They always pick SAIII and I always pick SAI against them.

I most often use SAIII against Q (stop taunting) and Urien (stop projectile spamming). I sometimes do better against Chun when I pick it, but that’s probably cos I build plenty of meter and she tends to eat his cr.wp and wk a lot (wp mostly cos it punishes whiffs, I guess, and for its better range than cr.wk).

SAIII seems good against Oros who WHORE ex golden orbs.