Nash Combo/Tech Thread

You’re both right, it has been fixed. My apologies. It’s what I initially meant to type, just spaced out haha.

Just updated my post at the top of this page with my more used combos. If there is anything I’m not optimizing or anything I can improve, please let me know and I’ll be sure to update it :slight_smile:

Any way we can get an OP who will actually organize this information? It’s just a huge cluster of confusing information right now with changing annotations.

Thaanks.

I second this. Should we just Remake the thread?

I don’t want to insult the OP, I believe that he has made an effort to organize the information. However, as I’ve stated before: we need to have an organized thread, with a single notation that structures itself in a way that we can navigate without “fishing” for information.

OP, if you would like to give it a try and organize it all into something more formal, please go ahead. I dont think anyone wants to hijack the thread, but we do need structure.

We need videos, too to go along with the text to further expound on the tech.

What do 6HP and 6 V.Trigger mean?

EDIT: Solved. Thanks, @otisjenkins

This was listed under the WiP tab in my Google document above, but since someone asked for videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16cSxjj_Lf4

Good stuff, do you have a link to your wip document please?

It’s in my above post (earlier in the thread), but here it is again:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yt0bf66BYV1jomWMSIK5WjtF3SXZYT5oldz1OhFjngU/edit#gid=390443733

Half decent tick throw setup using V-Trigger:

(When near corner)

cr.MP, s.MP/s.B+MK, h.SS, [VT <-], nj.HK, bazooka knee, throw

@PrinceVegeta 6HP means foward HP and 6 vtrigger means foward vtrigger. when you see a number before a button it is the numerical version of a d pad/joystick direction. so if you need help understanding it, just look at the numberpad on a laptop and use that as a frame of reference. 8 is up, 2 is down, 6 is forward/back depending on direction character is facing, 4 is back/forward depending on character facing direction, and 5 is neutral.

This is actually possible anywhere on the screen. As long as you use 6~V-Trigger you go behind them so you don’t have to worry about them being too far away.
I tend to do this a lot but after it’s been seen once or twice the throw will get teched every time so you can go for an overhead or take a step back then punish their whiffed throw.
Worst part about this is that I get caught up in doing it that I don’t go for the damage when I could potentially win because I’m in the reset state of mind.

@str[e]ak - That’s some slick stuff. Looking through your doc - I love the use of f+HK. I’ve been trying to compile some stuff together to make a video about it since I rate it as one of his best normals and I don’t see it used that often.

EDIT - Removed accidental part of post.

In addition to the combo into TA, it has less startup than st.MP (5f startup, compared to st.MP’s 6f). This is better for frametraps from cr.MP which leaves you at +2 on block. From this, the b.MK would hit on the 3rd frame after the opponent recovers from cr.MP’s blockstun and if you time it right, it would therefore beat out any normals your opponent may throw out (remember in SFV, Medium normals are prioritized over Light normals so even 3f jabs will lose out to b.MK).

Also it has less pushback than st.MP. In the corner, I’ve found that you can do:
cr.MP, b.MK xx EX SB (1hit), cr.LP xx LK/EX SS

This is not possible with cr.MP, st.MP starter.

Assuming the prima guide frama data is right, at that range, EX Sonic Boom’s first hit is +2 on block. You can combine that two points I’ve stated above and use a frame trap in the corner if they happen to block the cr.MP, b.MK frametrap by cancelling b.MK into 1 hit of EX Sonic Boom (true blockstring from b.MK and leaves you at +2) and going into another b.MK frame trap. I hope my wording is not too confusing here XD

Probably going to sound like a dick but it wouldn’t be the first time so here goes anyway.

First of all, since when is this dustloop? Using numbers to indicate directions is annoying as hell IMO, and i’ve not seen it in other chararcter forums (granted i haven’t visited every single one yet) so let’s just keep with the format please.

Secondly, if OP doesn’t update the first post might as well make a new one, else we’re still forced to wade through pages of crap to find anything worthwhile.

Thirdly, half-assed info is just clutter and adds to wading through pages of crap as mentioned in my second point :

You’re fairly sure that that combo…what? Even if we had an OP who updated the OP if you’re not finishing your sentence and explaining what the combo is useful for it wouldn’t make it in the OP anyway.

BTW I’m fairly sure that one works only in training mode because you used 1 meter for EX MS and one cr.MP xx MK SS isn’t going to give you back full super to cancel it into CA.

Just my 2 cents.

James Chen is the guy who created the threads and he’s posted generic threads for each of the character discussion subforums. No way he’ll be updating them. It’s best we create new ones ourselves.

I like James Chen, enjoy his commentary, and appreciate all hes done for the FGC, but he’s made quite a mess on the forums it seems

Sorry if I missed this, but here’s my best finding for crush stand fierce with no meter with VT.

CC Fierce, microwalk fierce xx teleport behind VT, jump fierce, low fierce, stand strong xx HK Scythe. Does 389 damage and 660 stun if memory serves, does 551/630 if you end with MK Scythe xx super, but I don’t consider this the optimal route if you land crush with meter.

Edit: mad typos.

You are correct - That must’ve been draft-saved from before because I didn’t even know that was written there. Most likely wrote it out and then realised it didn’t work (because painfully obvious use of 4 meters is painfully obvious) and deleted it but it was saved.

Now in relation to your other points -

People will use whatever notation they’re familiar with. That’s just how it is. If you don’t like it then you can always quote them and rewrite it out in the “Real” way. If you can read it then what’s the problem?

Anyone who has been around for at least a while on here knew that all of the threads that James Chen made were not going to get updated. I personally have just been using these as discussion of things and when someone makes an actual thread and is willing to update it, we can keep that clear.
Simple fact is when “Want to know what the best punish or Crush Counter combo <CHARACTER> has?” is part of the OP, it’s safe to say that the thread is a wash.
I mean, come on.

So, I am deeply sorry for my accidental posting, I shall edit it and endeavour to not do it again.

Is the prima guide wrong on the frame data of MS on hit? It states -3 on hit…but I can always land s.LP on normal hit with is 4 frames? Also is there a fixed amount of gain off counter hits outside of added properties or it’s own separate frame data per move?

That said, here’s some practical combos for landing Ex SB extensions in corner after an MS:

[all corner…]
deep MS, s.LP xx Ex-SB, s.LP xx l.SS
deep MS, s.LP xx Ex-SB, s.LP xx EX-SS
deep MS, s.LP xx Ex-SB, s.LP xx Ex-TA [VT <-] nj.HK, m.SS

Not sure it’s worth burning the meter for the damage, but if you mess up the link on s.LP after MS you are putting them into a block string with advantage.

i posted this in gendisc but it probably belongs here instead:

cr.LK counterhit has less pushback than a regular hit, which opens up a combo into rapid punch target combo. a little unusual, wonder why that happens.