Nariko: The Heavenly Goddess Thread

Noticed how there aren’t any character thread on this site yet, so I want to start one with my favorite character in this game :D. You can post combo videos, combos annotations or whatever else you like in regards to this character

Mod edits thrown in <3:

http://wiki.shoryuken.com/PlayStation_All-Stars_Battle_Royale/Nariko

• Remember guys you can aim the rocket (n3) AND disc (u/f3) right after firing.

• The frames where Nariko glows yellow in her strings indicate ability to cancel to various other strings/parry/jump/roll

• Level 1 super can be detonated more quickly against walls/corners

• Nariko has a wall jump

Combos starting with 1:
d1, j.d2, j.u2, j.d2, d2 - 130ap
d1, 3, u2, j.u2, j.3, j.111 - 150ap
j.d1, u2, j.u2, j.3, j.111 - 140ap
j.d1, 3, u2, j.u2, j.3, j.111 - 150ap
j.u1, land, j.111 - 55ap *Can also be done in the corner & near a wall
j.u1, land, j.3, j.111 - 65ap *Can also be done in the corner & near a wall

Combos starting with 2:
d2, 3, u2, j.u2, j.3, j.111 - 150ap
j.d2, d2, 3, u2, j.u2, j.3 - 130ap
j.d2, j.d1, 3, u2, j.3, j.11, j.u1 - 130ap
j.u2, j.d2, j.d1, u2, j.f3 - 130ap

Combos starting with 3:
j.d3, d1, d1~1 - 70ap *causes knockdown
j.d3, d1, u1~jump, j.11, j.u1, u2 - 135ap
j.d3, u2, j.u2, j.3, j.111 - 140ap
j.d3, 3, u2, j.u2, j.3, j.111 - 150ap

Combos into Supers:
j.f3, Lvl 1 *You have to control the rocket in order to connect it into lvl1
j.u3, Lvl 1 *You have to be low to the ground or the disc has to ricochet off a wall in order to land

• I will be constantly updating this with new info. These are all the combos I found from videos. Keep in mind, the combos using j.u2 should not work at the corner with walls since it causes a wallbounce.

Combo Videos & Setups
[media=youtube]90FL6-AXjYc[/media]
A video someone posted to help give an idea on how to land lvl1 :smiley:

[media=youtube]ONklfrcF6sU[/media]
Doesn’t seem practical but I will still post it up :smiley:

[media=youtube]UD84nR6NmjY[/media]
I have been using this combo a lot in 1v1 setting. I replaced the d3 with j.d3 instead and it still building a lot of meter :D…Not my combo though

In corners without walls, you can combo u3 with n3 into u2 series…In the corner with the wall though, it will wallbounce them so it won’t work it seems =[

It also seems that you can’t sit down your opponent twice in the combo…I just tried using u3 into s1 and it just causes knockdown…The only good thing I see from this setup though is that you can go for a grab setup on their wakeup. It works best in the corner though

I bought this game just to play Nariko, i feel she got shafted with the worst level 1 super in this game, they can fart on it and it crumbles away , worst is when your in a 1 on 1 situation for the game and everyone has decent super 1z, i like how kai arrow goes threw opponents and has no effect unless they have there face on the barrel of fire works.

Big Daddy says Hi.

After playing a bunch more there are a few that got screwed on super 1z that can just be farted on and they vanish,really fucking sucks, but kratos and others you touch there super1 and you fucking die, they should not be able to stop a super except with a super, a simple standard for the supers would make alot of chars have a freaking chance instead of half the cast being gimped for no fucking reason but to gimp them.

Yeah Nariko’s level 2 I feel even in a 1v1 situation or even Free For all isn’t as good as I feel like either. Even in FFA you can only get a few limited kills w/ that super and I feel like it’s really easy to avoid

I don’t know if this is unique to nariko, but I noticed that after certain strings like 1,1,1 there is a little yellow circle around noriko. This allows you to roll either back or forwards after your string ends by pressing a direction when the circle appears. you can do it after fwd+1,1 and i think a couple others.

its unique

Yeah it’s unique for nariko only. Nariko has the option to go for a roll, jump, grab and continue the chain. Even though I haven’t found a concrete way to land lvl1, I feel we are going to have to rely on air resets to nail that lvl1 until we find a way to get that lvl 1 combo =[

[media=youtube]hE1KuuulrJ8[/media]
Pretty cool combos from j8slim :smiley:

I don’t think Nariko’s lvl 1 is all that bad…Yeah we don’t have a reliable way to combo into it, and yeah the character doesn’t die until they die from the explosion of the bareel, I think there are far worse lvl 1 in the game. I just think we either have to find a way to combo into it or trick our opponent into falling for it. Just give it some time, I am sure some crazy tech is going to be found in regards to our character :smiley:

They really need to make Kai’s arrow from Nariko’s Level 1 hit everything between it and the barrel. Baam. Fixed Nariko into playable and winnable status.

This might be useless however you can aim the lvl 1 towards a wall and the arrow will still explode even if the barrel isn’t on screen. If you do close enough, the hitbox extends behinds Nariko. It doesn’t seem practical though

Quick combo to level 1 super because i havent seen anyone else throw this one up

[media=youtube]3j7I3O9WfME[/media]

The idea for this can be extended a little, basically the more time you have to aim the missile backwards towards you, the more time you have to combo the super. The other character needs to be pretty well inside the range where the missile would hit if you just held straight down after dropping it from whatever height (apex is best), because at that range the super wont combo, but if you bend it backwards towards you it is quite reliable, though an obviously obtuse setup.

Her combos knock you away from her or let her reposition very easily and all the supers are ideally long range, so I think the playstyle idea might be to drop a missile on them after knockdowns in this manner for oki tricks.

I think what LSlick mention might merit something later on too, good stuff.

Her level 1 is not bad once you get the hang of the timing and spacing… it’s just not brain dead easy as other characters.

It’s the best in FFA, where you can easily get multi-kills by creeping up on others who are engaged in combos. (Proper spacing/timing required). I literally use it as a troll snipe move in FFA - I mean why the hell not? FFA is so random anyway.

Its good in 2v2, when your partner initiates a combo and you snipe from the back. (Proper spacing required).

Now in 1v1 it has limited use, but I typically use it when players whiff (especially in the corners) and they’re in recovery frames, or when they roll away, or when they land (wait for them to use their double jump).

IMHO, her Level 2 has more limited uses in 1v1 depending on the stage chosen.

Now, we can all agree that her level 3 is ridiculous, but also takes forever to amass enough AP.

wait…you can control the rocket…I didn’t even know that was possible…My mind is blown