Nariko: The Heavenly Goddess Thread

Same here; which leads me to think you can aim the disc too – I always find i’m throwing them up-forward when i want them straight.

Yea you can aim the disc too. You throw it, then can aim it up-forward/forward/down-forward.

http://wiki.shoryuken.com/PlayStation_All-Stars_Battle_Royale/Nariko

About the utility of her level 1 super + design of supers, I think everyone should also keep in mind that Nariko gets about a full level 1 supers worth of AP off half of her longest ranged attacks, so I think its understandable that they’d want to force you into building many meters.

With that in mind, her level 3 seems long enough that you might be able to feasibly get a couple kills even in a 1v1. I haven’t really tested but the ridiculous range on her normals in that mode make covering most spawn sites possible.

I think in small to medium size stages, her level 3 is pretty cheap…You can actually do her 2 while jumping in her lvl 3 which has so much range…Her 3 in lvl 3 has really good range as well and acts sort of like a vortex in that any hit from that 3 will automatically kill…Also I want to mention that her 2 will go through obstacles and still grab the opponent for the kill…And it kills the grabbed opponent and any character in the way if they are sent in the direction of said character. I hope that made sense. I am really tired and I just got out of work EST =[

I tested the obstacle thing by going to the killzone stage and on the top level where there is a cage, I was able to grab the opponent and still kill them even though I was on the other side with her 2 in lvl 3 :smiley:

Here are a few videos I found:
[media=youtube]U5c9qYYl7EI[/media]
This first one is from Persona :smiley:

[media=youtube]KVGFRhH4dsI[/media]
This second one is from AudioFGC and it goes over some of his combos as well

I also want to thank ski for editing the top post with useful info

and it is really that simple, it only gets me more butt hurts as some one who owns 2000$ crossbow

*Added more combos in the 2nd post

Just to keep a healthy discussion going, I believe that the above is likely very key for advanced play (esp. in 1v1 against opponents that block/counter). What I call her “string roll”.

If you immediately tap the direction of your opponent after her string roll , Nariko will roll away but face your opponent setting up nicely for other attacks.

I admit, after a string roll I typically cheese d2 -> 3 -> [insert whatever here], but I suggest mixing it up with f3/u3 since any move can be countered after her string roll - Raiden’s counter owns my face when I become too predictable. =T

According to the AudioFGC video, assuming you don’t get hit, you will need to do 5 full combo strings to get to level 3. After having messed around 1v1 for a few hours with friends, a couple of 1v1 “time limit” philosophy’s I adopted when I use Nariko:

1. I only use level 1 when opponents whiff (like Ratchet’s/Sly’s lvl1),
  2. I only use use level 2 in flat stages (dojo) or if there’s 20 seconds or less in the match and I know I won’t get to lvl 3,
  3. Otherwise, I’m usually bum-rushing to lvl3.

I’ll be honest though, I’m having a rough time with Nariko in stock limit matches… especially against characters with strong lvl 1s’ or characters that can combo into their lvl 1’s from a stagger, for instance Raiden has a brain dead F1 -> Lvl 1.

I find it difficult to play 1v1 with Nariko. I try to avoid lvl 2 since it’s not guaranteed either.

*Edit, I actually misspelled Audio’s name :[…It’s AdiuroFGC…I’m sorry

Her lvl 1 is garbage, even compared to sir daniel/sackboy/parappa level 1s. The casting time is VERY long. She’s not a viable competitive character at the moment which needs to be fixed because she’s a very cool character and my favorite actually. Her lvl 1 needs to be patched so it can either cast faster, be comboed into, or have a better AoE (wtf is the point of the fireworks if they don’t hit the person). Also her level should cost 650 AP, not 750. You can’t even string her normal 1 combo together because they roll out during the yellow frame. She has some decent combos but they are easily breakable in FFA and with all the platforms on the stages they’re hard to perform. As of now she’s pretty low tier. You have to be able to combo into your lvl 1.

Thank you to everyone who has posted so far. This thread has been very helpful to my game. I have 2 questions that I was hoping to get some help with.

1. What is your strategy/gameplay style in FFA with Nariko on stages that have more slanted ground or smaller areas of flat ground (like Jak and Daxter’s Sandover Village or Bioshock Infinite’s Columbia)? On most stages, I rely pretty heavily on my D2 and level 1 super but D2 doesn’t work at all on slanted ground (or at least I can’t get it to work) and I have a pretty tough time setting up my level 1 on smaller platforms. Anyone have a gameplan that works pretty well for these stages? Or am I the only one who has trouble here?

2. Does anyone have any advice for consistently combo’ing D2 into N3? I don’t seem to get the link very often.

Thanks for any help!

[media=youtube]12zQDr_0I2Q[/media]

Definitely going to add this to my bnb list :smiley:

^ Hmm. Is that a true combo?

I’m beginning to wonder if you can infinitely loop: d2, 3, u2, j.d2 repeat.

1. Work on spacing on stages like Sandover and Columbia - mess around in practice mode and walk around the stage and see where your Lvl 1’s land. As for d2, it does still connect on some larger characters in Sandover (when your higher on the bridge) and Columbia (when the middle platform is down). No you’re not the only one that has trouble on these stages with Nariko on Sandover - she’s totally gimped on that stage, but she’s not too bad on Columbia. You can try j.d2 combos - on those stages in FFA, I usually jump in with j.d3 to crumple opponents already in a fight, and open up in combos that way - beware though, you set yourself up for easy punishment by other opponents with d3.

2. It drops or gets countered for me once in a while too… I can’t remember if it’s a true combo tbh (been messing around with Raiden for the past few days). I’ll test it out again tonight.

Unlikely. You have to turn on attack display.

Yeah people have figured out that it’s not a true combo

D2 > N3 is a true combo (i’m sure you guys no this already). When done properly it gives 30AP. It’s just that it’s a 1 frame link…one of the hardest to land ( -_-)

EDIT: Either im getting good at it but I find it somewhat easier when done after a counter i.e N2 (counter) >D2 > N3. I land the D2 > N3 more that way than doing it without the counter

I think you just have the timing down for n2, d2, n3 and not raw d2, n3 :smiley:

sadly even then it is still not consistent smh. You know what I really really wish she had…a little bit of armor on her level 3 like some of big daddy’s moves :slight_smile:

Well apart from a decent way to combo into a level 1 hehe

Jumping in with down3 into fathersgift N3 into 1111 Into what ever you can get a 2 or another up 1111 or what ever after… works well for me…Its just getting the chance to finish a whole combo with out being interrupted by a interloper