My Most Violent Shot: The Frank West combo thread

“Let’s see what kinds of photos you can really take, old man!”

This thread is for Frank West combos including, but not limited to, his capability to take very high pp photos. I’ll try to keep this thread as updated as possible with different types of combos (pp gaining vs non-pp gaining) and possible setups for them.

FRANK WEST COMBO BASICS
While Frank is perfectly capable of performing standard magic series combos, there are a few things that should be taken into account.

[LIST=1]
[]Frank’s standing :h: does not normally combo into his :s:. You will need to perform :d:+:h: for the slide and then combo into :s:. (i.e. :l:,:m:,:h:,:d:+:h:,:s: )
[
]The camera. Frank is able to use his camera ( :d::df::f::s: ) to take pictures, granting him PP (Prestige Points) equal to the current combo length. The PP Frank has aquired stays with him and at certain PP amounts Frank’s in-game level will increase, up to a maximum level of 5. The camera can be performed on the ground, as well as in the air, and also has OTG properties, making it best placed at the end of combo strings. Frank can also cancel his camera into his hypers, allowing him to squeeze in as much damage as he can before ending the combo.
[]Drinking ( :d::d::s: ) will give Frank a temporary buff that doubles the PP gained when taking pictures. However if Frank stays on point for too long after drinking he will vomit, leaving him very vulnerable for a significant amount of time.
[
]As Frank’s level goes up, his normals change. This can (potentially) change the way some of his combos work and can even grant access to otherwise inaccessable combos.
[/LIST]
TAC and THC POSSIBILITIES
It’s possible for Frank to perform a TAC (Team Aerial Combo) or THC (Team Hyper Combo) to increase the amount of hits in a combo, therefore increasing the pp gained when a picture is taken.

E.x.: With Frank on Point and Rocket Racoon in second position, frank can perform a THC to perform both his own, AND the second team member’s, hyper combo associated with their assist. While both hypers go off at the same time Rocket’s lasts for far longer, giving Frank some time after his own hyper has finished to drink/snapshot/whatever.

With TAC, one can put Frank on point and either extend a combo, leading into a picture, or get him off point while he’s drunk so he can shrug off the possible vomiting effect.

E.x: With Zero on Point, you can do a basic combo into air series then do a TAC in any direction, swapping Frank to point and following up with :d::df::f::l:, :s:, :d::df::f::s:, :d::db::b::atk::atk:.

Frank’s Pseudo-DHC "Trick"
With certain characters’ DHC’s you can cancel out of the last hit of Frank’s Survival Techniques Hyper ( :d::db::b::atk::atk: ) into a hyper with only a few frames of activation (such as Luminous Body, Sougenmu, Berserker Charge, etc) then hard tag Frank back on point to do a second relaunch camera into Survival Techniques, extending your combos and giving you even more PP, all for the cost of one extra meter.

E.x.: Zero on point: :l:,:m:,:h:,:f::h:,:s:, A.:l:, A.:m:, A.:m:, A.:h:, :TAC: —

• Frank coming in: :m:, :d::df::f::l:, :s:, :d::df::f::s:, :d::db::b::atk::atk:*
  • Zero DHC’d in with Sougenmu ( :d::db::b::atk::atk: )*
  • Frank raw tag: :d::df::f::s:, :d::db::b::atk::atk:*

So now, for combos!

COMBOS THAT GRANT PP

Spoiler

:l:,:m:,:h:,:d:+:h:,:s:, sjc, :l:,:m:,:h:, :d::df::f::l:, :m:, :d::df::f::l:, :m:,:s:, :d::df::f: :s:, :d::df::f::atk::atk:
Meter Use: 1
PP: ~18

:d:+:l:, :l:, :m:, :h:, :d:+:h:, :s:, sjc, :l:, :m:, :d::df::f::l:, :m:, :d::df::f::l:, :m:, :d::df::f::l:, :m:, :s:, :a1: (Dorm assist), :d::df::f::s:, :s:, :h:, :s:, :a2: (Strange assist), :d::df::f::s:, :d::df::f::s:
Meter Use: 0
PP: 100+
***Notes: ***This combo only works with larger characters. To make it work on smaller ones, omit one :d::df::f::l: from the first three reps.

:d:+:l:, :m:, :d:+:m:, :d:+:h:, :s:, sjc, :m:, :h:, :d::df::f::l:, :m:, :d::df::f::l:, :m:, :s:, 2x (Wavedash), :a1: (Dante Assist), :d::df::f::s:, :d::df::f::s:
Meter Use: 0
PP: 50+

Assist me interpretation
:l:,:m:,:h:,:s:, sjc, :l:,:m:,:d::df::f::l:,:h:, :s:, (otg axe), :s:, sjc, :l:,:m:,:d::df::f::l:, :s:, :d::df::f::s: xx :f::d::df::atk::atk:
Dmg: variable (400k+? Max said it did appx 800k in lv4.)

Zaith
Damage: 546,100 Meter Build: 1 1/3 Bars **Experience Points: **32 -No Super Combo Done-

j:s:, land, s:m:, s:h:, c:h:, :s:, superjump, j:h:~:qcf::h:, land, :s:,superjump, j:m:, j:m:, j:h:~:qcf::m:, :h:(Do it somewhat close to the ground, the closer, the better), land, :s:,superjump, j:h:, j:s:, land, :a1:(Jam Session), :qcf::s:, (Wait til the last hit of Jam Session hits) :s:, superjump, j:s:,* land*, :qcf::s:

**Damge: **632,800 **Meter Build: **2 1/8 Bars Experience Points: 57 -No Super Combo Done-
Beginning (Frank West’s part)
j:s:, land, s:m:, s:h:, c:h:, :s:, superjump. j( :l::m::m::h:) ~:qcf::l:, j:m:~:qcf::l:,
j:m:~ **TAC:u:…**comes in Dante

*… *j:h:~:qcf::l:, land, :s:, superjump, j:h:~TAC:u:comes in Frank

…j( :m::m::h:)~:qcf::l:, j:m:~:qcf::l:, j:m:~:qcf::l:, j:s:, land, :a1:(Jam Session), :qcf::s:, (wait until 2nd last, last hit of Jam Session, then…) :qcf::s:

WonderTonic
j:m:xx:qcf::l: > (j.:m:xx):qcf::l: > j.:m:xx:qcf::l: > j.:m: > land > :s: > SJ> :m::m::h::s: > dash+:a1:> :qcf::s: > assist hits > :s: > SJ > while rising :s: > while falling :qcf::h: > :dp::m: > :qcf::s: > :qcb::atk::atk:

Use the 2nd j:m: if your opponent is starting to fall after the first ToS:l:

This takes you from Level 1 to 4

COMBOS THAT DO NOT BUILD PP

Spoiler

(Coming Soon)

We should breakdown how much EXP each combo will net you once the game drops.

Yeah, definitely that was one of my goals. I plan to keep this thread updated with two kinds of combos; ones that don’t reward pp and ones that do.

Edit: reserving this post for future changes!

You want : l :, not :a:. SRK doesn’t have sprites for ABC, so you have to use LMH.

Thanks pete. This is my first attempt at making a thread like this, the help is much appreciated. :slight_smile:

Edit: I’m not currently at my home pc, so most of my formatting of the OP will happen once I get home.

I’m 95% sure that the BnB you have listed ends :m: , :s: in the air, not :h: , :s:

I’m going to be doing nothing but working on optimal levelup combos for a day or two and I’ll be sure to post my results in here.

[media=youtube]boBGzTmplFw[/media]

Anyone with dante jam session assist this would be a good mid screen bnb i guess.

cr.l~st.m~cr.m~cr.h~s~air.m~air.m~air.h~tools of survival(air)~m~tools of survival(air)~air.m~air.s~wavedash twice~ assist dante~snapshot~snapshot.

403,900k damage and level 4, dunno how many points is that. Can also end it with survival technique hyper for 564,400k damage. Combo works better in the corner because you can squeeze in a third tools of survival(air) for more damage, on big characters its easier to do a third tools probably mid screen also. If you don’t land the assist and just happen to take one photo you will only get level 3.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

Frank lvl 5 without meter (no alcohol)
[media=youtube]0WBoGYkjspo[/media]

Ill stick these combos up in the op once I get back from an out of town trip.

I can get Frank to lvl.4 with my Frank, Haggar, Ghost Rider team from anywhere on the screen with no meter. It works on the Raccoon so I’m damn skippy it works on everyone else. I’ll try to get a video up of it sometime either tonight or tomorrow but it’s easy peasy shit.

:d: + :l: , :d: + :m: , :d: + :h: , :s: , Super Jump Forward, Air :m: , :m: , :h: , Delayed :s: , Land , Wave Dash Forward Twice , :a1: (Double Lariat) , OTG :qcf: + :s: , :d: + :h: , :s: , Super Jump Forward , Air :m: , :m: , :h: , :s: , Land , :a2: (Chain of Rebuttal) , OTG :qcf: + :s: , :qcf: + :s:

I dig the Frank/Haggar going on here. Can you fit some air plunger stabs in the first air combo before landing, or does that mess up the relaunch?

Messes up the scaling by the time you want to relaunch into Ghost Rider I think. Let me test it.

Here it is

Spoiler

[media=youtube]RC4omfxsiVI[/media]

EDIT: Oh wait I just remembered, the problem is that if you add the plunger you lose all forward momentum so the S at the end of your aerial rave puts the enemy a full screen away from you. It becomes impossible to wave-dash up in time to land Lariat assist.

EDIT2: Oh also this combo builds just over 1 meter so if you wanted to you could end it with :qcb:+:atk:+:atk: to do around 606k damage total.

Thanks alot u gave me my team - So seeing how my Chun li was a no show after seeing this my team will be…
Frank/Spencer/Ghost

I’m working on a level 5 combo that requires 1 assist and 1 meter.

@nappydude, have you tried doing :s:, j.:s: after the GR assist? I have a similar combo but with Nemesis instead of Haggar, and it gets me lvl 5. I do a THC and then camera in the end. Also, for people who don’t know, you can do :d::h: in the air instead of j.:s: (or after) early on in the combo to get down faster. For example, my lvl 5 combo (using my Frank A /Nemesis B /Ghost Rider A team):

:m:,:d::m:,:d::h:,:s:, j.:m:,j.:m:,j.:h:,j.:d::h:, Nemesis Assist + camera, :d::h:, :s:,j.:m:,j.:m:,j.:h:,j.:d::h:, GR assist + camera, :s:,j.:s:, :d::h:(whiff, used only to get down faster)THC (with Frank and Nemesis), camera, camera (Nemesis allows double camera at the end). Builds a bit more than one bar during the combo. Small net gain and guaranteed lvl 5. I can probably opt out of the Nemesis assist and do Frank’s solo ground bounce air combo and still get the same result so it might work on your team as well.

I also use :m: in the combo because it’s easier to land in actual matches when compared to his other normals. It has the best range and comes out quite fast.

Alright guys I got a combo that can get you to lvl 4 with only one assist and no meter. But I need to rest first.

A combo that resembles something from TvC.

Corner, level 4/5 Frank.

c.L, s.Mc.M, s.H, qcf+M, s.Mc.M, s.H, S, (asap) j.MMH, qcf+M, j.M, d+H, qcf+H, qcf+M, dp+H, qcb+ATKATK.

About 800k mashed at level 4, 880k at level 5, 86 hits, and leads into a great DHC opportunity.

Got a quick combo to level Frank to 4 with no meter and Rocket Raccoon’s Log Trap assist:

j:h:, :d::l:, :m::h:, :d::h:, :s:, super-jump, j:m: j:h: j:qcf::l:, j:m:, j:qcf::l:, j:m:, j:qcf::l:, j:m:, j:s:, land, :a1: (Log Trap), small delay, :qcf::s:, reposition if needed, :qcf::s:

This probably only works on medium and large sized characters due to the air portion, and it seems like the enemy flips out too soon after the second photo to follow up with a super, but it does allow for a nice little mix-up, especially since you will have access to his anti-air grab super.

He can use Spitfire assist to combo into camera. Call it as soon as you do his cart hyper, the blasts will hit after the wallbounce. But that’s better in the way that it uses no meter and it gets to level 4. Just too bad it’s no projectile assist (or at least a forward moving one). :frowning: