My big question about KI reboot

I’m free to admit that the original Killer Instinct (followed by the sequels) are not that great as competitive fighting games.

I will be the first to say that when Microsoft announced a KI reboot, I was excited from a nostalgic point of view. When the day came and MS presented this reboot, I was blown away, not because they fulfilled my nostalgic cravings (ever more so and beyond) but they managed to turn it into a competitive fighter!

That’s where my big question comes in:

How does this game compare to the greats of competitive fighting?

I’m talking about Super Street Figher II Turbo, Vampire Hunter and King of Fighters 98 (I personally wanna put World Heroes Perfect but ya know…), how does KI reboot compare?

Is it up there?

Close?

Far away?

I think it’s got a chance.

Killer Instinct is still trying to climb up. Me personally I think it should be up there. But the day of launch it did get great reviews, but not a lot of ppl got a xbox one cause it was too pricy. So a lot of ppl got ps4 instead.

Next Gen Console Day of Launch.

Xbox One: $500 ( too much money cause it came with the Kinect which added the $100 ) Plus the games that came out with the launch were the same as ps4. Killer Instinct was the only reason y ppl got xbox one. Too focus on tv and entertainment not actual video games.

PS4: $400 ( Not only it was cheaper but it perform better then the xbox one ) Same launch titles as xbox. So ppl decided to get ps4 instead cause it was cheaper. Was more focus on games then entertainment.

If Microsoft didn’t make that dumb dmr move in the beginning before the launch. I think ppl were have gone with xbox more. but the price was too much and wasn’t worth it. Good thing they took it out before launch day.

That’s my opinion personally. Since Xbox is cheaper now KI is only going to grow at this point. But well see wat happens.

I think it fits an awesome niche in competitive fighters where almost all of the depth of the game comes from various mind games, rather than having exceptionally technical combos that you have to do. I still prefer Street Fighter from a competitive standpoint, but I definitely think it has a place.

Agreed. It’s part of why I was shocked months after the its launch that it was beyond just a nostalgic reboot.

I think this game would benefit greatly if it were ported to PC.

Yea I know, good luck!

yea it would be great on pc but, everyone knows it wont happen. unless microsoft gets there thumbs out of there asses. Then we might see a pc port. Cause during e3 2013 it was running on pc with Xbox 360 TE Sticks.

Ok, what is with Vampire Hunter suddenly. Since I’ve been in Japan, in the last month and a half I’ve gone to an arcade hoping to play 3S only to have the cab replaced with Vampire Hunter TWICE. Now this guy puts it as a top 3 fighting game. Honestly, I never played a single DS game until Resurrection, and I actually enjoyed Vampire Hunter a LOT more than Savior, but it was practically dead on arrival, and quintuply so in the US. I’d have stuck with it if I knew people actually cared about it. I mained Bishamon because he’s cool and brain dead, but Anakaris seemed fun and actually viable.

I think ur on the wrong thread here.

Vampire Hunter’s in the same class as SFIIT and KOF98?! Um…Wow like I never heard anyone say that nor seen anyone post anything like that…I’m not clowning your opinion or anything I’m just genuinely surprised. But back on topic, I think it’s to early to determine the KI reboot’s place in fighting game history. We have to see how the game ages before making such comparisons. But I agree 100% that this reboot exceeded all expectations and is a damn good fighter in it’s own right.

Yeah I’m surprised by this too. I mean I know Darkstalkers always had a stronger following in Japan but I didn’t think it was anything major. But now I’m hearing about tourney’s for Hunter with 100 entrants and shit in japan, like wut?!. But this isn’t the thread for such a discussion.

I personally think it’s Capcom’s masterpiece. Yes, above SFIIT. Savior is too fast, ruins the depth of gameplay that was perfected in Hunter. Though, most will say Savior is superior.

Killer Instinct will benefit greatly for community if it gets ported to PCs as those who don’t have access to XONE can get the game

There was a poll gauging interest about a PC version that was set up by one of the developers , don’t remember who it was

And I think when Cinder was coming out they said PC version is not ruled out, it could happen someday

But i guess these niggers want to sell as many XONEs they can, so i guess PC port aint happening anytime soon

i think there scare of doing it on pc because it’ll just pirated. the game is already cheap. but I do get the point that not too many ppl have xbone. if it was to come out on pc more ppl will play and get more hype. I say by 2016 if it doesn’t come on pc by then. you can just forget about it.

>Pirated

This is a lame excuse bruh sorry :confused:

I know its lame but that’s wat Microsoft said. Plus they wanted it just on xbone only. that’s lame

Where did they say about piracy lel

that’s in their rights to do so.

so many games dont come out on xbox1, this whole pc bitching is getting quite annoying to be honest.

Xbox players are not getting SF5, but you dont see them moaning constantly about that. Be happy with what you have.

It’s got nothing to do with piracy. Microsoft knows that KI on PC would make them money, they also know that it’s likely not nearly as much money as they get from people who buy an Xbone in order to play it. They aren’t stupid, and they aren’t oblivious to people’s desires, they’re just playing it smart from a business perspective.

In the end, if you like the game enough get console… I’m more of PC gamer but, I did what I had to do. My video card was more expensive then console. Lol it all comes down to business for this companies. Now, when SFV comes, I might have to end up buying another console.

That depends. We still talking about the old game or the new game?

They’re doing what they can. It’s as close to a competitive game as it can get if you ask me.

Great footsies, Frametraps, pressuring, setups… its all fun and got a nice competitive feeling but the thing thats most players holding back is the breaker system.

Its cool and a part of KI but IMO it shouldn’t be such a central part of the game… its too present … for a gimmick :smiley:
Its just not fun if u open ur opponent more often than he does and he still wins just cos he breaks ur combos every time, especially if its only random breakers.

So to make it short: The game should have less damaging combos and therefor harder breakers. Even some manuals have a big breaker window of until 5 frames or so… thats too much…
Or another example: they also could increase the meter gaining A LITTLE and therefor breakers should also cost meter, so it would build a huge and nice mindgame of "using the meter for breaking or sparing it for shadow counter / shadow move / etc … "

Well, at the end that random factor is it, what many players holds back… IMO :slight_smile:

well plus if it comes out on pc ppl will play more sfv wen it comes out on pc.