My big question about KI reboot

I disagree, I feel like combo breaking is anything but a gimick, I feel its one of the biggest fundemental aspects of Ki and really test your reaction time and thinking ability.

A Ki player described it like this.

Honestly every decision you do or level of predictability in your gameplay, can cause you to absorb huge amounts of damege. In other games you’re rewarding for doing the highest damege combo in every scenario, in Ki it makes your predictable and vulnerable to being broken. However if your opponent is intentionally predictable to bait a comber breaker, you can try to break and be caught with a counter breaker, so you have to make critical decisions. That kind of constant thinking is something I’ve seen in no other fighting game.

^A lot of great points there.

I think it’s possible. I’ve liked every character so far they’ve introduced. It’s been very steady all the way through.

you’re buying a console for a game you can play on your pc? I dont get it.

I nthe end,exclusives are made on purpose to make you buy a console. I’ve seen people buying consoles for single player games and then bitch they cant play KI because they dont have an xbox1.
they made their choice, why the fuck should microsoft care about them? and to be honest, buying consoles to play 1single player games is stupid in the end. When you’re done if there’s nothing else, you’re not gonna play that console anymore, while instead with a fighting game, if you commi to it, it’s pratically a long term investment. That’s why it makes more sense to buy a console for KI, rather than a ps4 only for bloodborne for example.

KI is one of the only fighting games I can think of where I’m legit worried about what to do once I hit my opponent. The fear of combo breakers, and counter breakers, is just too good.

What I meant was, if it were exclusive I might have to end up buying PS4. I wouldn’t mind if KI came to PC too, fuck it, why not??

I love this game. Ended up buying a XBone because I saw previews of the reboot and thought it looked great. Ended up really enjoying the console as a whole, and KI turned out to be my favorite FG. Dug the game so much that I sought out the players so I could learn more, and found a very warm and helpful community.

The top 16 at Combo Breaker yesterday was damned competitive. Easily on par with the other main events. It was a blast to watch.
And such a variety of characters! LCD taking 2nd place from Shintristan with Hisako was hype.

I do think that a PC Port would be beneficial.

This is the only game I’m playing now until SFV hits so I’m going to get the most of it until then. MKVortex is meh to me with shitty netcode. Gonna be way too much work to keep up in Marvel and dont play offline enough to deal with the shit netcode either.

KI works for me because I like mind games, there’s more than one true block string per character unlike SFIV and the netcode is pretty good for practicing reacting to stuff and setups similarly to how you would offline. There is still a 3 frame delay, but a constant 3 frame delay is better than constant 5 plus or more frames that most other fighters have with freezes and hiccups on the regular.

I never really got into street fighter or mortal kombat like that. Surprisingly the only three fighting games Ive really even been attached to are soul calibar, super smash brothers, and Killer Instinct.

It’s funny you mention Super Smash Bros. albexmrutah because I think KI reboot is as unique a fighter as Melee. As in a new paradigm of fighting has been born with this game. Very exciting considering I was only intending to play it for “nostalgic kicks”.

Exactly, the two way interaction makes nearly nothing in this game guarenteed. That gives a whole different level of mind games