MVCI Bar and Lounge: Maximum Carnage Xmas Special

As of now I don’t think Capcom is letting MVCi go down… i just hope they would do something surprising and beyond expectation…

No Pro Tour? That just hurts even more because it further cements the idea that Infinite is not currently, if at all, in the scope of what Capcom has mapped out for 2018. Now given the fact that Infinite will obviously be included at Majors regardless of a Pro Tour, the community still has something to look forward to, however, the idea of Infinite being part of the Pro Tour would have given signs to several things, the most important of those signs being that Capcom has not forgotten about this game. Right now, fans are looking for ANY kind of response from Capcom that Infinite has a future of some sort, and that would have been it. But as of now, there’s been nothing, which is undoubtedly crushing.

Also, I’m more of a “glass half empty” kind of guy. What I get from the Capcom rep saying the company had nothing else to share is just that… the company had nothing else to share. Considering the question was in regards to the DISASTROUS Battle for the Stones event which was half assed and poorly managed, he ducked the question. It would force him to address the elephant in the room.

Last but not least, I want to say that Capcom is doing everything in their power to give Infinite some love. Maybe it’s DISNEY doing otherwise, as some of you guys hinted before. If so, then Capcom is fighting a losing battle. It’s Disney’s way or the highway.

So i guess there wont be a season 2 DLC.

I’m not cool with him like that.

There’s a saying we have in NyC.
“If the train is coming, it will come. If it doesn’t come? FUUUUUUUUUUUCKING MTA! I’m TIRED OF THIS BULLSHIT!”

That being said, while an announcement would be nice we just walked on the subway platform and even when they
say the train will be here in 15 minutes we all know damn well that’s 50% likely to be a lie.

There was already rumors that Marvel wouldn’t be a part of the pro tour before it even came out. Things said like it would have its own thing.

Considering that the game had bad PR and now has a bad reputation, it makes sense that they are tightly controlling what gets said or doesn’t get said about MvCI. At this point, even something developed for the game that is actually good may get perceived as bad by the gaming community if an employee frames what’s happening in the wrong way. I don’t think we can read Capcom’s silence as an indication of anything in this situation.

Despite the success of AE, SFV is not on a completely secure foundation yet. Season 3 is expected to be a growth year for SFV, and it still needs intense focus,support,community engagement and creativity to keep growing. It is reasonable to not want to throw MvCI into Capcom Cup at this time when SFV is finally hitting its stride. I think it’s a good move to keep SFV separate at this point. I’m sure SONY is in no rush to have their main(I think) e-sports title be associated with such negativity.

The game may or may not be getting a season 2, but I don’t think MvCI’s exclusion from the pro tour necessarily points in the direction of MvCI not getting a season 2.

Yeah, Yipes did say MVCI was going to have its own tournament series way back.

Then that John D Esports video was released, and highlighted that Capcom intended to implement MVCI into the CPT. Too bad that premature video did more harm than good.

Yeah there was a lot of stuff that was said to happen. Now we’re going to find out what actually happens. Hopefully through less radio silence than XTekken/UMVC3.

Honestly, the rumors about there being negativity amongst Marvel Games and Capcom doesn’t seem too surprising. With John D saying “Fuck that game anyway”, I’m convinced that things between the two weren’t exactly stellar.

Of course that doesn’t mean there’ll be no update. I just don’t think it’s very likely when looking at things as a whole. I’d love to be wrong, though.

I have such a huge grin on my face reading the news about MVCI over the course of last several days

I agree.

Is a generational transitional phase.

Gameplay was king before and this game HAS EXTREMELY GOOD GAMEPLAY. That’s not the issue. Even Chris G has said that this game is a patch or two from being a great game. AKA, masterpiece.

Capcom rushed this game for sure but the shitty casuals and Twitter bullshit did too much damage.

I think this is the first game that got affected big time from Twitter overall toxic crap.

Anyways, I’m having wayyyy too much fun with this apparently “turd” of a game.

Won’t put it down anytime soon and will be hopeful that both Marvel and Capcom fix this mess.

For the longtime fans and customers.

They should do what SNK did for KOF 14.

KOF 14 was all love considering this is their first serious entry into modern 3D style animation.

The graphics were horrible. SNK listened and gave the facelift on the graphics and lighting.

Fans wanted some old fan favorites. SNK provided and is still doing it. Marvel (and Tekken 7) could learn from SNK.

SNK is listening to the fans and in constant communication and the fans have shown support with the game surpassing it’s target sales mark and overall appreciation of the game.

SNK stepped up to the plate and has done a great job. Is time for Marvel and Capcom to do the same.

You got a great game in your hands gameplaywise. Fix what needs to be fixed and communicate/market things better and things will go through successfully.

Learn from current SNK.

This game is bad and deserves to not be at evo.

I agree, a bit of polish will go a long way to make MvCI better and bring back the FGC. I’m sure we’ll find something out relatively soon. The franchise is too big for them to say nothing.

Regardless of your stance on MvCI, I think we can all agree: John D is a fucking idiot and should never touch a fighting game again.

How ironic is it that the self proclaimed resurrector of Marvel actually killed the game?

John “Fuck that game anyway” D ftw.

I wouldn’t say that. It’s not a guarantee, but I believe there is a chance of Season 2 happening if the community shows its dedication and is vocal enough. I’m just really into this game and want to see more from it.