MVCI Bar and Lounge: Maximum Carnage Xmas Special

RIP

That thing he has in store is going to be some form of MvCI integration into Curleh Mustache events. And as was debated ad nauseam, that won’t be enough. Granted, it’ll be something nice for the existing fans but promoting growth for a game that is met with disdain by the general public is hard to do with just the active few who DO enjoy it. A season 2 of some sort is needed and Capcom had every opportunity to hint to it if it was something in the works.

“We only put in games people play”

*throws in BBTag, a game still 5 months out and seems to be doing everything wrong with SFxT’s release combined with everything wrong about MVCI’s release

**MVCI is still getting 3rd or 4th most entrants at tournaments that still have it announced

Hope it was worth it, dude.

Sa’ll good. I remember talks of melee and injustice supposedly having to work without evo one year. Surprisingly they’re still in there with all the drama.

We just gonna have to be the first to work without the Wiz. Poverty isn’t new for Marvel.

Beast Coast is gonna be lit, I’m seeing a lot of dudes on twitter right now going “Fuck EVO” and changing their plans around for the Big E events and CEO.

You don’t always get what you want. GG was dead for years outside of a few communities before they got xrd. Tekken was defacto dead after ttt2 too. Shit was on life support.

Growing up I learned to just be happy with what you have or move on. I wanted evo to have more variety too. Instead we have 3 anime games, and 2 smash games. I wanted kof14 to release with better graphics so it had more of a scene. Sadly life gives you what you got so you might as well hold the L and click rematch.

People used to come out for these games for the love not the admiration. Yipes supposedly wants to do something bigger than versus 2018 for versus games where every versus game is represented. We just have to wait and see.

Poverty or not, this game will live on. I’ve been here before with Street Fighter X Tekken. But thanks to dedicated people like @Psychoblue to name but a few, this game will live on. Two Smashes and Injustice though? Yeah, that will bring hype. And as much as I am a fan of DBZ, I hate how divided we’ve become over it. Oh well, this game won’t die. We’ll just go underground like Molemen.

What kills me is the reason cited. As was mentioned MvCi still got top 4 or 5 entrants at all big tourneys. He puts in 2 versions of smash and a game that isn’t out yet and says its cause no one plays marvel. I’m cha-riggered.

Sigged

@MrWizard seems to say a lot of things that just don’t make sense. Don’t worry, I’m sure the controversy of MVCI being left out will help them pay the bills.

I guess we won’t see any of this on the main stage:

No more year one hype. What a good choice.

Steve, the reason is simple. He didn’t want Marvel there. Any other reason he gave was always just gonna be lip service at best. Everyone should’ve seen this coming for months.

I support the #FUCKEVO movement fully.

That Blazblue shit was absolutely disgusting and uncalled for.

Marvel didn’t deserve that dick move.

You have all the reason to be pissed off.

That was bullshit at it’s fullest.

#FUCKEVO.

The rough stuff

Agreed.

But what can you do? Most of these new casuals are graphics whores and sissified and don’t have what it takes.

2 Smash games and 3 anime games reeks of SFxT style politics. MVCI was beating Injustice at NEC but we gotta RIP so Melee can have yet another year and another game with more controversial DLC gets in over it.

Looking forward to what is done to keep the game going. Would like to see this still supported at other events and Yipes not just have to become a DBFZ commentator.

BB Tag and Smash. How? Just how?

Damn was wondering why people were posting again. No MVCI at Evo? Who gives a FUCK!
Not the only tournament in town. Wait, is that old of me to say? I’m tired of pandering to the
WC anyway. EC got soft that’s why they letting the WC determine shit.

This entire analogy is lost on me.

No Marvel makes me sad, but it doesn’t make me angry by itself. DBFZ is the hot shit right now and I can’t fault SRK for banking on the game with more obvious traffic.
However, the fact that there’s still two Smash games (one is fine, I don’t even care which one at this point) AND three ArcSys games, one of which is BlazBlueTag (a game that releases just 2 months before EVO) makes me angry.

EDIT:
I say this as a huge fan of Smash and as one who acknowledges that ArcSys makes great, beautiful games.

Welp, we got tossed into the “tournament games” discussion bin. We not one of the cool Evo games.