MVCI Bar and Lounge: Maximum Carnage Xmas Special

No meter at all if possible. Its just not worth it.

Bruh it’s like cool I get it the forward + L does a smidge more damage and looks neat but ultimately slower which means you have to make sure you’re in neutral to even hit check jump frames. In other news, there’s some really neat shit happening over at UMVC3 EX. Even went back and played regular ol UMVC3.

It’s hilarious that the game while old doesn’t FEEL or look super old and I actually got matches. I guess that’s the difference of games coming out now vs back when. Fighters just looked like shit and we accepted them ha

With some characters it is worth it. Though most time People use HCs to get either some free stone meter or set ups.

Yeah, if I’m not getting the kill with a hyper, I’m usually using it to build some stone charges or set up with my other character.

for when you want niggas to feel bad about their life.

Into training mode I go

Figured more swag would come about for Dante soon. If I get a chance to really play again I’m gonna work on some Jedah swag and get Black Widow down. Need a good space team any way since that and soul are still the only stones worth really bothering with at a tournament. Shit is too oppressive to not be able to lock someone in a box or come back to life when things get hairy.

can’t you just let go of the stick at the last moment and press the button? if his round start light is that good its worth it to try and learn.

I remember philipines players doing magneto’s round start lk on the first frame without the switch glitch in mvc2.

This is one more reason for Dante to be nerfed in the next patch(if there is one), and it is unfortunate too because this combo is very stylish. It also doesn’t leave that much recoverable health for how much damage it does.
Gonna head to lab and try to find some time tech with Dormammu.

Here’s the trick, it’s not. It’s the same speed as Thanos. Plus while rubbing and trying to time your mash it’s a pain.

No Ranbat tonight because the TO was sick but I hosted a lobby anyway and streamed.

You can find the archive here.

Wait, is Thanos’s that fast or is FB’s that slow? I thought he was one of the characters that had 4f light punch? Or is that only crouching?

How do you do jump cancel gun loops ?

Go to the last page. MVCI selling only slightly less than SFA3 is hilarious to me given how one is looked vs the other.

Bold Cancel

Firebrand doesn’t have a 4 frame LP LOL!
His standing punch 6 frame start up. (one of the reasons besides his height that you’ll almost never see stand l/p confirms from a brand player)
Crouching l/ punch is 5 frames.

Thanos is the opposite.

So it’s a gamble playing the mash game with him and technically. Reason being holding up eliminates his c.L utility as jump frames fuck up
all low attacks vs jump and if you try to catch prejump frames with s.L you’re going to lose to anyone with a 5 frame jab. You should always lose to RR and Spiderman.
Poor MonHuns fastest move is 9 frames. Thanos really has the best speed data for a big man character but I can’t find Nemesis numbers or Venoms.
With Nemesis I’m curious of because he’s the only character with an armored light punch I believe outside of powered up Carol.

It kind of solidifies my theory that firebrand while good is best with a partner since during scrambles his data loses vs characters with longer limbs
similar frame data., and better flight options.

Where do you get your frame data? I want to check a few things since I clearly have been working from incorrect information.

Enjoy:

https://toolassisted.github.io/MVCI/

What a disaster. I very rarely wish for a game to do bad, but I’m actually glad Infinite tanked.

“You understand if Infinite tanks, this means we won’t be seeing Marvel anytime soon, right?”

Yes, I completely understand that and, quite frankly, don’t mind it as well. I love the versus series, but trying to pass off Infinite as a worthy contender to the franchise is insulting. I also understand the frustration that comes with people bringing DBZF into the mix, but when a game such as that one does so many things incredibly well WHILE sharing a formula similar to the versus series, it’s hard not to bring it up. Interestingly enough, SF5 was able to turn things around. Granted it wasn’t nearly as rough as Infinite, but Capcom found a way to do it. Can they do it with Infinite? I doubt it. Will they even take the effort to take that approach with Infinite like they did SF5? Highly doubt it.

But if people enjoy the game, by all means, play it.

Uhhh…1 million sales in anything, especially this early, is nothing to sniff at. The fact that it’s even on that list to begin with is a good sign that people are willing to accept an Apology Edition like they did for SFxT, which almost breached 2 million sales and sold a lot more than UMVC3.

The fact that Combofiend was accepted into Marvel’s circle, Marvel’s twitter was popping off about MVCI being nominated for an award a couple of weeks ago, and the game being recently patched with a minor update…all signs are pointing to more content being on the way.

Oh more content is on the way. Play on fam. Trust. I"m not citing shit, but trust.
You don’t get to be an old schooler and not know nobody lol