MVCI Bar and Lounge: Maximum Carnage Xmas Special

Well, to be fair, that’s the PS1 version of SFA3 ONLY, vs. MvC:I for all major platforms.

SFA3 also came way late into the fighting game ‘decline’ of the late 90s. The fighting game boom was well over by then.

Wait, Psychoblue, those are sales or units shipped? Reason I ask is because I’m looking directly at Capcom sales for the Fiscal Year and they are saying that sales for Infinite were “soft”. If it was a million units sold in 4 months, they wouldn’t say that…

From the page itself

And again, Capcom knows better than to fuck with Disney. They’re not gonna shutter a game so quick when they’ve got another company’s IP involved, especially someone they would want to be their friend since they’ve had a strong working relationship with them in the past.

I’ve played during the early events and i can tell you that i already got what to do and knew what to do in less than an hour.

Damn, is it that shallow?

Simply put, no.

Easier than other arcsys stuff, but not as elementary as Marvel heads will say it to be.

The sold # a distributor puts out is always the shipped #. Nobody is going through every retailers logs to tally up how many people went in a store and walked out with marvel. The retailers don’t get to ship it back to Capcom for a refund(that’s why theres sales/bargains, if they could ship it back to the publisher for a full refund they would not be selling it for $20 to consumers). However of when the game doesn’t sell past the original shipment Capcom won’t get to ship any more… so it negatively effects them that way but as far as CC is concerned that 900k that was shipped was sold.

It’s a lot easier than the other arcsys stuff but from people I know that really like it they
find it fun and accessible which was really what MvCI was supposed to be shooting for.
Lets see how it plays out. I’m still liking Marvel, and I’m super close to get DBFZ but giving
it a little time before I drop loot on it. I have one more game I can dedicate time too and
I’m considering SFV:AE. I got SFV and probably played around in training mode for 15 minutes
with Birdie, but not sure if I can get into that simple playstyle again.

What can I say I like mayhem, even if it’s stupid anime looking characters flying around.

It’s with a heavy heart I gotta accept DBZ put the nail in the coffin, Sales IDGAF but there were over 50 people at Next Level for DBZ and even the ones that play Marvel didn’t enter marvel, didn’t even have enough to run the tourney. :frowning:

Seems like Marvel players are basically jumping ship. I know RayRay and Flux are done with MVCI.

Interested to see how the House of Crack will look for both Marvel and DBFZ going forward.

Yeah it sucks the poor launch and handling of the battle for the stones event has gotten the game to this state. If even the battle of the stones event was anything other than a disaster DBFZ would have been a bit less of a blow. It was going to be bad even if Marvel was doing well, but it’s as bad as it is because Marvel didn’t do well.

I still prefer the game to DBFZ and there’s nothing about DBFZ that makes me actually wanna play it more than as a very very side game. Especially with how janky the “living lobby” system and online seem to be so far. Overall even when they fix that, the game is just not for me. Movement between characters is way too generic (everyone has canned forward moving stuff and that’s what the game will always revolve around) and it’s very grounded for a game taking inspiration from a vs series known for being airborne and even an anime where they’re regularly fighting in the air. Just too much like every other anime game ive ever seen with 3v3 and assists. Plus not a fan of any of the characters in the IP other than Vegeta and Cell. Hit looks cool, but none of them are like a Jedah, X23 or Viper for me.

I’ll still mess with Marvel online on PS4 when I can and stick to AE. Plus Anniversary Collection is coming out in May so can go back to playing more 3S.

Bum will play DBFZ for sure, but his MvCI stuff already done slowed up but I’m not sure what reasons he has for that. The few, the mighty, the strong, PC MvCI community is now hit or miss so I’m not sure how motivated I will be to keep up the good fight in the future.

There’s a few heads I’ve convinced to play MvCI in Brooklyn at IFixTheMachine, nowhere close to the caliber of players that you see on streams but it’s fine by me.

If the game becomes just a Skullgirls type thing where just the few and the proud play it on PS4 or PC I’m fine with that. It’s too fun to stop playing. We got a patch less than 2 weeks ago so I’m inclined to think they’re onto something to keep the game on a life support.

Just throw in some Viper and Doom plz. Rashid and Gill would be cool too.

Next time tell them to run that shit Round Robin.

That’s what I do at IFM. F-it, Round Robin with Mudtown rules. (Some made up shit involves money LOL)

@MegamanSteve @“DevilJin 01” @WorstPlayer @“Doctrine Dark”

Check your DMs, if you got the game on PC someone’s keeping the lights on for us to spread the word.

Some strong dlc choices could bring some life back into the game

I don’t know if I’m alone in thinking this, but IMO MVCI and DBFZ should be considered like Melee and Smash 4: while similar games, they have separate communities and there are only a few people that play both. Despite DBFZ probably getting more Marvel players than Smash 4 gets Melee players, there will still be plenty of Marvel players (like myself) who aren’t interested in DBFZ, so the game will live on.

I agree. A lot of people are underestimating the exact situation this game is in. It seems like people understand that we are now in an era where games live and die by developer support, yet they are commenting on Marvel as if we were in the previous era of gaming. The down turn in enthusiasm for MvCI is intertwined with the lack of response by its developers. MvC is a strong franchise, but no one wants to play a game that doesn’t feel like it has a bright future.

If Marvel/Capcom announce they are putting money and development time into the game, you best believe that people will be back. If not then yeah, its time in the spotlight will be over. I’ll still play it though.

Steam Lobby: dwC4gj733m473