MVCI Bar and Lounge: Maximum Carnage Xmas Special

Same.
And of course that first match was against a bullshit Spencer player.

You telling me you donā€™t like 3 frame specials in lag? I played a Spencer who seemed to have his grappling combo
on a macro it killed me. (literally and figuratively.) The good news for me thereā€™s 2 arcades within 20 minutes I can
go play at, the bad news? Almost noone plays Marvel at those arcades either. I guess thereā€™s always NLBC as Iā€™m sure
not going to the Bronx to play Marvel during the week at Bums. Itā€™s really only an hour away but NYā€™ers understand once
you get to an hour commute here that shits death.

Trying to game a little before the gym:
Lobby: H3f9th733m473

If even 10% of those players stay DBFZ will have more regular players than MvCI had at its peak.

As long as I can get matches still on PC Iā€™m good. Had a scare there last night but got matches again today wh00t!

A game like DBFZ is obviously gonna get some curiosity views from us. Anyone who said ā€œIā€™m gonna drop MVCI for DBFZā€ likely wasnā€™t going to stick with MVCI to begin with.

The way I see it, most of us sticking to MVCI are dudes whoā€™ve been around for a long time, Age 30 or older, and the DBFZ guys are mostly dudes who got into it from MVC3.

Iā€™d wager a huge margin of the DBFZ player base are DBZ fans. 10 years ago I would have been all up on that.
I want to try the game, but it doesnā€™t catch my interest enough to buy. Especially with how much I enjoy MvCI

Honestly I remember when I was a kid I saw one episode of DBZ and thought it was the shit. Years later when it resurfaced I didnā€™t recognize it until I saw the guy with the triangle on his head. Wierd it couldnā€™t recapture my interest although I watched the cell saga. I wasnā€™t interested enough in the characters to watch anything else.

Iā€™m actually excited this is doing so well. I hope ArcSys takes the cue to tackle Naruto.
I think Naruto would make a super badass game in a versus style.

50 players is pretty damn low though. Even KOF14 sits at more than 100 concurrent players.
This is UNIEL level of nicheā€¦ but for a game that costs 50 bucks and wasnā€™t released a year after consoles.
Iā€™m sad this is happening. MvCI is gameplay wise way more fun and less streamlined and has a great netcode, but the terrible presentation coupled with the lack of crossplay sealed its fate on PC.

Fine by me. As long as thereā€™s players Iā€™m playing it. Iā€™m not going to cry about what could have been I have important shit
I can woe is me over. That being said, constant matches again! Wh00t! Hopefully Iā€™ll have a good 3 more months of entertainment
if not more. Once the warm weather hits Iā€™m going to stop being a hermit LOL

Donā€™t put all us mid 30ā€™s in the same pidgeon-hole.
Not everyone is retarded enough to stick with a shitty cash grab that shits all over the source material, vs a finely crafted game that respects the franchise it draws from.

Yeah, a game where Yamcha can beat Beerus is a game that clearly respects the franchise it draws from.

I canā€™t wait for Mr Satan dlc, so I can live his dreams of getting an OCV on Freeza, Cell and Kid Buu.

Is this real life

Disne

I suppose Frank West lasting longer than a second against literally any other character is true to source.

Story and Gameplay segregation is a thing, no one should be using whatā€™s canon to base how strong a character in a fighter should be.

And yeah I was worried the player base would drop bad on Friday for MvCi but on PSN Iā€™m still getting matches every minute or soā€¦ didnā€™t really change.

Yeah, Steam went to shit which is was expected but it picked back up shortly after. Granted the variety has gone to shit. I think thereā€™s like 10-20 people I play over and over again now. Granted Iā€™m stuck at like 11th to 10th rank because of the wonky assed ranking system. Itā€™s a shame, since it seems thereā€™s a host of players who almost never play each other because some people
only play ranked search.

I think Iā€™m going to start hitting events though, got some matches versus some ā€œknown playersā€ and really didnā€™t do half bad. Actually won sets. I do need to get more exposure to different playstyles too. Itā€™s wierd, unlike other Marvels I really donā€™t like watching the game being played much but I do like playing it.

MVCIā€™s canon seems to be ā€œeveryoneā€™s unique skills and abilities roughly puts them in the same general tier with the right situationā€ which is fine up until you got dudes like Frank who have no formal combat training or powers to make up for it other than being crafty. I guess having even one Stone makes all the difference. Iā€™m not sure how Ryu is the ā€œordinary manā€ when heā€™s gone toe-to-toe with Asura who can nuke dudes the size of planets, and uses a martial art that has the potential to eradicate Death (allegedly).

Marvel was popping off about MVCI getting nominated for an award on twitter a couple of weeks ago so I donā€™t think the shutters are being pulled down anytime soon. That and abandoning a game with someone elseā€™s IP in it, namely someone with as much stroke as Disney, is a monumentally bad business move that Capcom isnā€™t going to do because they know better than to fuck with Disney just from personal experience. Regardless of what other people are gonna think of it, Capcom is committed to this thing, thatā€™s just reality when you got an IP with that much sway involved. Even SFxT got a couple of apology gestures (DLC characters coming out early and given away for free if you buy the Vita version, which later became free on PSN+ so as long as you had PSN+ you had all the characters anyway, and then later v2013 which turned it into a godlike game) and that launch a total mess even outside pay-to-win.

There might not be a Ranbat for me this week as the TO sounds super sick, but we shall see if he gives anyone else the keys for a bit while he recovers.

Heā€™s covered wars, yā€™know.

Ryu and Akuma vs Asura are non canon in either universe. Keeping things honest neither would survive, Akuma maybe longer in Oni mode.

I like to think Ryu on par with Black Panther, Batman, ā€˜perfect manā€™ type characters like that.

Ryu is a totally different archetype. Heā€™s like a wandering bum with super chi powers. BP and Batman are normal people with super brains and tech.

I meant in terms of fighting rather than character trope. I think Ryu can hang with Bruce and Tchalla. Sans their tech.