MVCI Bar and Lounge: Maximum Carnage Xmas Special

Question - If I get a stray hit with strider, say hard punch in the air, maybe regular jump height, is there anyway to confirm into a combo or is my only option some variation of half circle lp into hyper? Time is my stone btw tho I know that wont help.

(Assuming you mean air to air)
j.HP xx j.QCF.HP, j.LK, double jump, j.LK, j.HP, j.HK then either tag or land and continue solo. Or thereā€™s the much more awkward j.HP, double jump (UB), j.HP xx j.QCF.LK, land, j.LK, j.HPā€¦ I prefer that one since you can buffer in the double jump and it wonā€™t happen on whiff whereas j.QCF.HP will and thatā€™s put me in some bad spots but it is much more height and spacing dependant.
Strider is one of those characters that can seemingly convert a hit from almost anywhere, itā€™s just that conversions require you to adapt depending on height/spacing. If I hit any of the small characters (Arthur/FB/RR) at super jump height I will often rush into his j.QCF.PP super because I know that thereā€™s so many variables, itā€™s 50/50 if theyā€™re going to drop out or not.

Thanks man, super cool. Iā€™m off to try this stuff out now.

Edit - works like a charm, great stuff man, huge thanks. This is gonna up my game pretty significantly.

Dorm is still ok I guess. Do miss his original launcher.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-rBd58MHDk

Hawkeye/Rocket got the juice huh? That was a dominant performance by Punisher.

Dorm is still really good, heā€™s still a win more character. I just see people starting Dorm which to me is kind of silly.

Started mixing up my Monster Hunter Unga. Always lead with her lights on the ground but decided to start leading with
heavy in stare downs. Some people will always try to raw launch if they see me do this but thatā€™s when I can punish with her
slow assed lights or Power Stone. Getting 8500 in Power Storm with MH is super stupid. Itā€™s literally magic series to magic series
free level 3 after any successful surge into Storm. I stole like 3 games the other day just going from Demon Mode into surge - power
storm combo. One earned a rage quit followed by a friend request. Someone was pissed!

(For those that donā€™t know you canā€™t message someone on Steam without being a friend first, personally I love that shit)

Any Thor heads out there? I really kind of want to play Thor now but itā€™s taking some getting used to. You kind of want to Mighty
Strike all day but itā€™s start up is def punishable and wihout proper spacing youā€™ll eat some shit. Thinking about pairing him with
Rocket until heā€™s good enough to help out Monster Hunter.

nice, i like that. Iā€™m trying to learn dorm/trying to find my 2nd main to pair with ultron (kinda wish i could just do double ultron haha). I was playing nova/ultron for a bit and i like that, but i enjoy the synergy with dorm/ultron more i just donā€™t know what to do in most situations with dorm yet (donā€™t see much of him since the patch)

Lol welcome to the site. Just keep playing Dorm/Ultron, youā€™ll know what to do in situations with time and experience.

Month 3 on finding the best partner for Nova besides Ultron and Dorm

Zero aint working out :frowning:

oh fanks pally pie pants, i usually just lurk srk forums but since the online is actually playable for this game iā€™m getting into it more than umvc3 since i can get actual match experience so i figured iā€™ll actually start posting n stuff.

steam name is same as my name here (nukynukerton) and i live in Milwaukee, WI area

Wow, someone Iā€™ve played from the small pond of the PC world. Our connections arenā€™t always the best with a rollback stutter
here and there but you seem to have a pretty good handle on things. Iā€™m TheWorstPlayer, Iā€™d say who I play but Iā€™ve been experimenting
lately. Main team is Rocket/Brand but Iā€™m finding that the teams not cutting it in the higher meta. (It does really well
but when itā€™s scramble time I donā€™t have enough derp/invincible shit.) You may have played my ghetto Thor/MH or BP/MH team
the other day.

Rocket/Firebrand sounds like such a headache to fight

General stone rankings IMO

~Surge~
Power > Space > Soul > Time > Reality > Mind

~Storm~
Space > Soul > Reality > Power > Mind > Time

~Overall~
Space > Soul > Power > Reality > Time > Mind

A lot of these are character/team dependent. So certain stones will be better for different combinations.
Also, I only rate Power and Time Storm that low because they require you to adjust your setups and combos to take advantage of them. Soul does, too, but you have two characters on screen which means the opponent has that much more to deal with. The other three you can basically turn on and more or less do the same thing you were doing but better.
If you know how to optimize your execution then Power and Time probably move up, but still probably not better than Space or Soul.

It is for most people, if I wasnā€™t so damn yolo Iā€™d probably win more with it. As is, I get blown up by people with invincible supers and armored moves.Iā€™d even say Rocket/Brands trap game is almost on par
with Jedah/Coon with faster mixups which is the problem. The lockdown can be insane between traps and nadoes, but since the tornadoes donā€™t take up as much vertical space and donā€™t have as many hits you
need to be faster with your decisions. With tiger knee fight you can ALMOST replicate Jedahs flight overhead, but you really donā€™t need to. Instant jumping lp hits everyone crouching with firebrand and Coon is
Coon IOH for days.

Frankly if I could have someone optimize a combo I could learn Iā€™d probably call the team a bit OD but Iā€™m hella not optimized in my combos. I survive this game in my neutral alone.
That old man intuition.

This is Firebrandā€™s biggest drawback IMO.
Does Luminous have invincibility on startup? I know the recovery is really good. I need to start incorporating it in my game more often.

True words honestly I NEVER use Luminous Body. Thanks for reminding me. It probably would save my ass more often too.
Time to lab up some Luminious specific combos. It just makes him faster + a damage boost right?

I donā€™t think it gives a damage boost, but it makes him HELLA faster. Like, Chun and Spider-Man levels of fast.

That stone ranking breakdown looks on point

Thereā€™s no way reality surge is close to last.

Youā€™re probably right, it would probably save my ass while YOLOing since itā€™s air/ground OK too. Aiight gotta stop lunching on my Brand.