MVCI Bar and Lounge: Maximum Carnage Xmas Special

I disagree on power. I think it’s the weakest stone in the game. The conversion are way to unpredictable for my taste.

Lol wut?

If you can’t convert off of it, that’s YOUR problem. It’s one of the easiest conversions in the game.

I hope he’s talking about the Storm. Power Storm is best served up like an X factor after you land a hit. There’s a guy on PC who has an optimized
combo he’ll pop after a HB. It will pretty much MERC your whole team. It’s the best use of the storm I’ve seen yet. The bounces etc are designed to
keep 2 characters on screen honestly.

I’m going to assume he may mean the launch positioning post-wall bounce, which is a little off compared to other wall bounce conversions. But even then we’re still talking about a shut-up button off fuckin lights.

Yea it is my problem, that’s why it’s weak TO ME. Having thanos launch somewhere where I can’t get to them with Haggar doesn’t work for me, get better use out of practically every stone with that team

That sounds interesting I need to check that out. I’ve found it hard to convert with less mobile characters… I’ll need to check that out. I meant the storm, not the surge.

I think reality is still the best stone. Gives you priority while on that storm and once you have a setup then you can build combos around it. Not to mention the surge is still the best imo.

Power surge is really good at deterring people who mash active switch too much also. If you do a bad active switch or counter switch, all it takes is one mash of the power surge and you got a happy bday.

Nothing wrong with being wrong :stuck_out_tongue:

I launched someone so damn high off of a thanos over head in power stone storm I thought it was a bug no joke.

I was already in semi auto pilot so I just fucked up the tag combo.

Went into training and that’s just the launch. Messed around with it a bit but couldn’t quite make it worthwhile compared to other stones with that team.

I most definitely could be wrong but for my team(s) power is always at the bottom of the list when I finding new helpful shit out…

I have ones for Ultron, full screen midscreen, corner,ect.

Heres fullscreen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLCpBNoSJ_Y

See that looks dope… it just never has gone that smoothly for me in storm. Nothing more practice can’t fix though.

I was playing a power stone spammer today and there was a moment where I counter switched and had one character to the left, my opponent in the middle, and another of my characters on the right (121) in the air. Dude mashes stone and hit both my dudes into the wall and then started beating on em both. The stone hit my character in front and behind with one single button press, and somehow they ended up in the same spot to get happy birthday’d.

It’s whatever, but that kind of thing is just stupid. Like, hit my one dude, or hit em both and don’t convert on both, gimme a chance to use meter to break. Just beating on two characters for that kind of easy mode stuff is lame.

Lol love Power Stone.

Power Storm can be a mixed bag depending on your move properties. For example, Ghost Rider’s st.HP is fucking useless in Power Storm because they are instantly knocked down, preventing the follow up from connecting.

They fixed that in the most recent patch. Problem is, is that st.HP now pulls them towards GR and upward, making some of his confirms using st.HP, st.HP much harder (sometimes impossible).

That’s true power.

Been playing Thor and boy does he seem to have a bunch of moves noone ever uses. At least they made a real effort with him this time.
Had no idea he had a ground pound that effects anywhere on the screen. Too bad everyones in the air 90% of the time. Also his jumping hammer
slam move. It’s kind of booty unless someones projectile spamming but yeah, never see that shit ha!

Yeah it was always that dumb, just reality stone spam was the wave and pre patch reality stone probably bodied power stone.

I might give Hawkeye a chance in this, he was my anchor in Ultimate. I still have some tech I don’t think other people know about, pointless keeping now, his up arrow assist had MvC2 style properties that only allowed one action on collision, so if that action was block they couldn’t do anything till they touched the ground. So if you blocked up arrow assist in the air they had free rain to run circles around you, the only other scenario was getting hit, it was a powerful assist. Perhaps he might have some similar properties in this game.