MVCI Bar and Lounge: Maximum Carnage Xmas Special

https://youtu.be/Nt_kkaysY9c

@WorstPlayer isnt that your old team??

Starting to find some mixups. Also have a random soul surge version of the combo.

https://youtu.be/bMSKW1VZGwk

Didnā€™t realized I messed up the third combo. Thatā€™s all supposed to connect until the wall bounce

Some cute stuff there.

How does Captains hop kick command normal work. Does it just hop lows or does it have any other interesting properties?

Itā€™s biggest advantage is being plus on block. I basically use it to punish mistimed pushblocks or to keep applying pressure since it puts you back in their face and you can cancel it into shield slash

Can every character get a otg,ground bounce,and wall bounce in one combo? I doubt it.

How do you play this game and not think of Dante for that question?

Iā€™m barely labbing Dante and the game since I havenā€™t played it in months. And I played it about 8 hours total before a couple days ago. I can otg and floor bounce but havenā€™t found a wall bounce. Justin wong said every character could do all three in one combo but he might be wrong thatā€™s why Iā€™m asking. Also I said ā€œevery characterā€.

Everyone has a universal otg I think with sweep into whatever. Also everyone has a ground bounce with j.hk. Everyone can wall bounce off of a tag in hit or with power surge

Meanwhile at capcom on their 1st meeting of the year

https://i.imgur.com/uyxogli.gifv

Cool thanks.

In a wierd place where some people just play to fast for me to keep track of, but other players who are considered ā€œgoodā€ I can beat.
Makes me wish I had more time to play and see their setups because theyā€™re basically on auto pilot. Finally got my 2nd team.

1. Coon/Brand (Space) - great setplay potential but obvious problems, no invincible moves at all here, also both characters have a problem
    right above their heads. Iā€™ve ran into people super jumping dashing up and stalling. Frankly they just canā€™t reach up there.

2. Brand/MH (Power) - I feel really good about this team, probably because I can actually do MH combos now which rack up some damage.
    Itā€™s got a fair amount of cheap shit and an invincible super makes me feel like I always have an answer to SOMETHING. She picks up off of
    FBā€™s combos pretty well too.

Still working on it. Coon/Venom, I have one super demoralizing combo with this team but besides that it has the same problems Coon/Brand
has. I find myself on the defense with Venom too much and in this game thatā€™s never a good thing. About to give in and take either Coon/Brand
and pair them with a top 5 character. Any suggestions?

Random stuff from watching Marvel Live Stream recording

1. Some Brown Kid brought up a good point that the fat lady hasnā€™t sang for Marvel yet. Rumors are out there, but DOA5 players were told something was happening at NEC and blindly assumed it meant DOA6/huge news. Got to NEC and were told after their tournament that their game is dead. Like officially wrapped up by the company after the event. Until Capcom tells us crack is dead, crack lives.

2. Apparently the unblockable/uncombo thing is best to do with Dante. With other characters apparently itā€™s a lot harder to safely set up since they donā€™t have a meaty thatā€™s as good as Zero/Dante can set up. Easier to up back away from characters that arenā€™t Dante. They said on stream that you can still mash super/storm to escape so hopefully that is the case since with whatever I tested, that didnā€™t seem possible.

3. Cloud is fighting Sonicfox in a IIRC FT10 at KIT on the 6th of January. Says heā€™s pretty confident.

4. Cloud says he feels pretty much all of east coast is free except for Sonicfox and maybe one other player I might be forgetting. Says east coast is only good at talking shit.

5. Explained that Coon is the new scrub character that carries people now that Dante got nerfed, but holds our for patch to change that. Said Punisher is the only Coon player that has a real Coon that can comeback on 2 healthy characters regularly. Says Sonicfox has a great Jedah, but doesnā€™t think highly of his Coon.

the Zero/Dante guy complaining about characters HA

Kind of contradictory, if Coon is so good then he should be making comebacks on mad people no? Heā€™s a great support no doubt, weā€™ve known that. To be honest, east coast hasnā€™t been that dominant ever since the east coast best move to the west coast for that esports life. Respect the the asshole NYChrisG for keeping NY in his namesake. Seriously though, thereā€™s like 3 Coons on PC and Iā€™m one of them. Are there that many Coons on PS4? Shit Iā€™ve ran into more Thors. Who Iā€™m really starting to hate, people have figured out proper Yolo Thor play and itā€™s pretty damn scary not to mention dull to fight against.

I think Iron Gods Coon is really good, too. Not as good as his Thor, but he has sick tech with both and Space.

Never listen to a Dante player talk about whose a scrub character when the character he plays is still SUPER GOOD after being hit with 100 nerfs.
Just trying to generate stream hype.

Can anyone explain why Champ uses Venom Fang? He never seems to get much off of it, it doesnā€™t seem that useful besides getting you or a partner in.

Donā€™t think Venom is a good look for Champ at all but meh, could be a sign of someone who used to play the game super serious playing a character they just think is cool because why not?

Yeah he doesnā€™t seem to be playing it very seriously, seems super casual.

Where are you guys seeing Champ play? On stream? Havenā€™t seen him play since Battle for the Stones, but after his tweet about siding the game, Iā€™m sure heā€™s just not putting energy into it like he used to. Weā€™ll probably have to wait for another pro tour announcement for him to care past hitting some buttons.

That was another thing that was said on stream was that supposedly Champ isnā€™t even winning local tournaments in the game right now