MVCI Bar and Lounge: Maximum Carnage Xmas Special

No you can’t. Its why you see people kill with meter if someone is getting close to two bars

when champ was saying mvci was better than sliced bread, how many people were playin the game because he said so? and now that hes saying the opposite, its suddenly supposed to change peoples minds?

and yes mvc2 ran for a long time but thats because it got a miraculous second life when a wave of new players came up in the scene around 05. people were calling mvc2 dead in 2002 lmao. marvel doesnt appeal tot he masses the way sf does.

Having a contingency/alt path in combos based on a potential escape is required strategy. While it’s still implemented kinda sloppily you can certainly get blown up if somebody knows when to counter switch.

Btw this game needs to borrow a page from DBZ and convert counter switch to a burst or something when you have no partner. Same cost. And if I was steering the ship:

1 bar: Combo escape.
2 bars: Hyper combo escape, combo escape if last fighter.

And CS leads to KO entry rather than regular tag entry, so you have invincible end/mid screen options.

I need to figure out how to optimize Time Storm better.

I use Time mostly with Gamora/Widow, but sometimes I sub in Firebrand. Usually I use Space stone with FB.

Practically in tears? When?

Prolly got of that capcash payroll.

Major GGs to @SepticFir8 for a nice session we just had. Gained some experience dealing with a competent Firebrand as well as ironing out some kinks with my Thor/Widow team.

Also learned whatever I had with Dante is done and done. Way too rusty and I’m having too much fun with other characters to bother getting Dante in shape again.

In case you didn’t know as I see more time stone users, Time stone is like an anti RR stone. you can time stone on the ground and clear all his traps including the super.

Time to learn Frank West.

Any Dante players know which normal can cancel into his million dollars hyper (qcf+pp)? Or more precisely what’s the timing on it? Seems like you have to be frame perfect to cancel into the hyper and connecting with it. Also any tips for playing Dante? What should I know? What should I use in matches? What’s the things all Dante players should at least know?

Yes GGs and we will definitely rematch. I still say Thor is carrying Widow…but, then she’s outright killed me a few times too.

Youtube. Youtube combos and watch pros use Dante. There’s nothing you’ll come up with for Dante that someone better than you hasn’t already found.

Wait does mega mans upshot have invincibility frames?

X has upper body invul on HP Rising Fire

https://twitter.com/Dorohedorohe/status/946922546368339968

get…fisted…

The funk soul brother.

So damn, once you get your combos more optimized people play you way different. Starting to feel really good about Monster Hunter now. Unfortunately I’m playing
her with BP, but yeah I switched up to Power Stone for that stupid derp. The demon is out with powerstone and dumb panther pass shennanigans. He still sucks but the
tag system salvages him a little and the invincibility on his level 1, his upper cut combos pretty easily with monster hunters up arrows. The teams fun although I feel like
I have to be a psychic versus the advanced derp.

Doubt I’m going to rock the team permanently but it’s a good team to help power up my Monster Hunter as BP sure as hell can’t carry it.

@NickRocks I finally played against Josh360 in ranked. He’s pretty solid. He abused Iron Man’s repulsor ray at really good ranges and creates a huge distance where you can’t press buttons or you get cmoboed. Like a more honest power surge with 3 times the range lol. He plays really fast too. Like most players online you know they’re just kinda doing stuff fast, but you can tell he’s playing fast while thinking about what he’s doing.

I

Sounds like the time I ran into Condor Missile (ranked 5 Japanese player) on ranked. He was really good at tagging in IM behind Cap. Then I’d press buttons to hit Cap and get Repulsor Rayed. Really annoying.

So, Sigma’s shoulder Charge beats Monster Hunters Lvl 1 cinematic?
Real talk despite strategies to beat it with the tag system that shot is super derp with Tiger Knees. Strides fly at you with my face is almost as bad with its speed. I’m saying all this to say, “they somehow though BP having a forward wall cling or wall cling on block would be OP?” I actually started doing dope wall cling strays t hen I faced a defensive powerstone user.

Things did not end well.

Yeah Condor Missile played Marvel 3 online also. Forgot what team he used but I remember it had Iron Man in it.

@“Zane Hitsurugi” I was talking about the Jedah reveal video (towards the end, should be easy to find). Just funny that he goes from blushing over the game when it was already kinda in the open what it was going to launch like, to whatever state he’s in now.

You mean the one where he had that fake surprised look on his face?

1 Like