MVCI Bar and Lounge: Maximum Carnage Xmas Special

Spiderman Infnite I don’t think was every officially banned at anything relevant. HSD glitch was never banned, just nobody used it on screen other than like one guy.

TBH we shouldn’t be talking about banning anything because it’s too broken or boring. Marvel has a history of being broken. As long as it’s not game breaking it should be allowed. I’ve never known the marvel community to be a bunch of bitches about a few unblockables.

This is the social media/eSports era. It’s easier to complain and get it gone because we know it can happen like a light switch. Fun part is until then, people gotta hold the broken stuff.

Marvel 2 you call a bad assist one time vs Magneto, you’re down to one character vs 3 and the game is pretty much over outside of making a shit ton of reads. Marvel 3 call one bad assist, get XF’d on or HBD lightning looped and you’re down to one dude and hopefully that’s the one that’s good with XF.

This process is going to last for a while. If this gets fixed, the next thing comes. Just have to prepare for the cheap stuff.

Well I wouldn’t support banning by TO’s cause that’s gonna be a bitch to monitor for. TO’s can’t physically watch every second of every match of the pool. It would be damn impossible to enforce and a logistical nightmare to try. I am all for asking for a patch however. The days of “letting shit rock” are long over.

I mean it’s 2018 practically. You don’t have to ask for a patch. They already patched stuff that was weaker than this like the HSD glitch any way. It’s not 2003 anymore. This is the era Marvel wishes it was around in before.

Only issue is like Flicky brought up which is how easy is this to fix. It seems like something directly brought on by how the characters turn and such. It could be easy or it could be something that if it is fixed, screws up other things. That’s the worst part about patching is by fixing one thing you in proxy screw up something else.

Hopefully it’s a pretty smooth fix like the Spiderman and HSD glitches seem to have been.

Iirc HSD was banned at BftS?

I dunno, we’ll have to see how much the optimal combos do. Perhaps it’s just a matter that combos do 90% instead of 70% in which case it isn’t much of an issue. The only main problem is Dante, he’s clearly S tier and has only got nerfed just a couple of weeks ago, the only thing I don’t want is the game becoming nothing more than a Dante/??? shell fest.

If HSD glitch was banned at BFTS that’s pretty funny because Teemo abused it to help him get the gem any way. Makes no sense to clearly let someone abuse a glitch on video at a qualifying event, then ban it at the event. That tournament had no structure to it at all.

If most characters can do the glitch then it won’t be a Dante fest thing. Dante just happened to be the character that it was shown off with. Chris G just got done beating the Zero/Dante that won BFTS with Morrigan/MonHun. Morrigan being a character that some people said was dead before launch (because UMVC3 Morrigan is the only way for her to be good) and another character that gets downplayed and easily one of the best supports.

Dante still has issues that he’s had since launch like having slow ass frames and no invincible super. At first I thought with the new system he’d be easier to play first on point, but his walk speed isn’t good and all it takes is one 4 or 5 frame jab pressed near him when the round starts and he has to hold shit. Once he’s locked down, he’s locked down and now has pixie 9,000 health so he can’t afford to make mistakes like he used to (barring activating devil trigger). Million dollars super no longer being frame one active after freeze is his biggest nerf. That was his best defensive option and that’s gone for that purpose now. Which is why characters like Zero, Morrigan and MonHun compliment him well as they can play for him in front to get invincibility to escape bad situations.

I mean during the finals.

That’s what I meant and it’s still stupid because they clearly allowed people to use the glitch in the qualifying events. Pre patch Infinite was already pretty busted so should have just let it rock if that was the case.

I’m really all for unblockables…if they were meant to be in the game. I remember reading that unblockables were no more. The classic Viper Burn Kick into low was gone, but I knew it was too good to be true.

So if they are crouch blocking they will get hit by anything? I got it once by accident. Can’t seem to get the timing down for a cap/mega man combo. Granted I’ve never played mega man before.

This is the one by accident
https://youtu.be/WBPWK4qDAck

If you do it right I believe they are basically frozen in an uncombo and there’s nothing they can do. Can’t mash anything, can’t block anything, you’re stuck holding the uncombo.

So it’s not just lows then? That makes it easier

Well I know in the initial video the Zero player tags in with a c.LK after Dante’s s.LP, s.HK gapped string, but i imagine other things you could hit would cause it to work also.

Mind stone at least gets buffed a little bit until this patches.

Technically Rocket could just jump over someone’s head with a grenade.

But some of these unblockavles seem minor, it’s all about those optimal combos.

So, how does it work? You reset them and hit them before they turn around?

That’s kinda the jist of it. The game has a lot of specific rules about how the characters face each other and the game seems to glitch you when you’re hitting back turned characters.

Got some ideas with this backturn unblockable for my team that I need to test, after this itis wears of from lunch.

Angelics Dorm combo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww138itxwHM