MVCI Bar and Lounge: Maximum Carnage Xmas Special

Yeah I wanted to use Venom, but Black Widow is looking way more fun. Will probably find a way to make Space BW/Jedah work.

I actually replaced Chun-Li with Black Widow. But Iā€™m using Time Stone.

This is gonna sound stupid, but how good is Black Widow with filling the screen with shit?

Sheā€™s not bad at it. Sheā€™s no Megaman or Doctor Strange, but she can pelt the screen decently. She has a gun shot command normal in the air kinda like Wesker that she can cancel into her air specials. LP is the spark, HP is the sticky bomb, LK is the nerve gas and HK is the grapple move. You can use that to cover up a decent amount of space and deter people from going near you while you set up space to invade them.

Her command flip (LK+HK) is pretty cool also as it lets you use those tools from completely different angles. Like if you do command flip into LP, that releases a spark diagonally towards the ground to help you stop ground approaches. The most fun one is flip into nerve gas as it can bounce off a wall as long as it touches the end of the screen. So you can be near someone thatā€™s crouching in the middle of the screen, but near the end of the viewing screen, flip over them and throw out the nerve gas and itā€™ll ricochet off the wall and force them into block stun. At certain spots near a wall, you can make it bounce so you fiip into the gas and now the gas is surrounding you as a protection.

Now sure how good that all is with the time storm, but the time surge is one of her best tools as it helps give her an even faster way to cross people up with her projectiles and invade space.

Wow, those are a lot of options. Way more than what I was expecting, honestly. Thanks.

Yeah probably the cheapest initial thing you can do with her is the command flip LK+HK into press HK. This basically lets you 50/50 cross the opponent up with her grapple (which canā€™t be pushblocked) then you can mash j.LP for an overhead or go low with c.LK. Basically anytime she flips over with the grapple they have to guess right for a cross up or frontal hit, then even if they guess that right they have to take a high/low before you hit the ground. Really really cheap and pretty easy to do.

Iā€™m using Widow with Time as well.

Sheā€™s decent at controlling specific areas of the screen, but they arenā€™t very big and she canā€™t do it as fast as other characters.
Her biggest asset is just how many different things she can do depending on the situation. Probably has more variety than most other characters aside from maybe Dr Strange or Dormammu.

Once you get comfortable with this you can also start throwing in her command grabs to create even more shenanigans.

Couple of unblockables surfacing now lol.

Anything that allows you to cross up the character while leaving them standing or restanding them makes the unblockable possible. Mind Surge, Venomā€™s f.HP, Danteā€™s ice work well and Abegen uploaded a concept with his Thor/Thanos team.

Spoiler

https://twitter.com/abegen21/status/946044345253105664

Iā€™ve got a few theory setups that I canā€™t try yet but it seems like this unblockable might be easier to pull off than the HSD was.

Do it online and people will plug on you, do it offline and risk a real bionic arm

Actually made it to 14th rank last night. Then dropped to 15th, then back up to 14th again lol.

My least favorite types of matches are the ones where you are having a good round and you have the perfect answer for what the enemy is about to do and your input gets eaten (either by tag or lag).
Thatā€™s the worst.

As easy as doing a BnB combo.

Thatā€™s why Iā€™m more worried about how bad this could be for the meta. Itā€™s too easy to setup, even Sentinels unblockable in MvC2 was 1 frame. Itā€™s been less then a week and Iā€™ve seen damn near everyone post a setup with their team. While counter tags, stone activations and invulnerable supers can mitigate it, I really think itā€™s damaging to the gameplay to let it rock.

How many frames do you have to execute the unblockable?

I dunno but I think this is gonna be hard to fix, at least to me the glitch seems to be bedded into the actual physics velocity engine. The game seems to run with three separate horizontal orientations; facing together, facing away and facing the same direction. Changing this would change the way that switch behaves, and if you tried a simple fix of correcting a characters velocity orientation then you have to consider hit boxes and shit. This game is more and more like Marvel 2 every day, I think Magnetro would like the physics.

From what I tried in training mode, there wasnā€™t even a gap to mash anything in. Like the game doesnā€™t understand youā€™re not in a combo, but if there is a gap to mash out then that makes it a little bit less rough. Weā€™ll have to see if they decide this is crazy enough to soft ban at tournaments, but not like that matters much since everyone who plays online will have to potentially deal with it any way. If itā€™s something most teams can do though then itā€™s not much worse than DHC glitch. You just gotta find a way for your team to it.

This is the game we play though. Youā€™re better off not nerfing the good stuff, because then people find the cheaper stuff. Canā€™t deal with reality spam? Well good now you just made people look for stuff you can do less about. This is the game. This is our journey.

Canā€™t wait to see what cheap stuff comes out at launch for DBZ. If itā€™s like any kusoge anime game and one thatā€™s trying to emulate Marvelā€™s setup rules, itā€™s going to be fun for them. I can already see the Xenoverse/DBZ con goers whine about all kinds of shit. I hear you can use 2 assists at the same time so that can only be some cheep stuff.

Oh wow thatā€™s even worse if you cant invul your way out. Solo character would mean auto death. If the game starts revolving around who can get the unblockables going I think the game will get dry and more likely people will drop it and then it really will be dead

I wouldnā€™t worry about that too much because cheaper stuff was already in the game pre patch and nobody used it. There was like one guy that went to House of Chaos with reality Spiderman and he didnā€™t even do the infinite and got bodied.

Granted this is more universal to set up so that can be a big issue, but this is the perfect game to have Marvel 1 style broken set play because it will likely get addressed pretty quickly. I imagine some people will choose to just not abuse it because theyā€™re afraid Capcom is already on the case of fixing it. Thatā€™s definitely part of why nobody jumped to Reality Spiderman before the patch. Nobody wants to be that guy in a tournament.

Yeah from what I tested you I literally could not mash anything out during the set up. The only thing you could hope for is that they screw up the timing which gives you a small window to mash out of the stagger. Even SFxT had stuff like infinites that lasted 9,000 seconds, but the amount of people that actually used it in tournament was slim to none. In this age a lot of stuff like that is usually soft banned by people any way and then the effect goes across.

Needs more time in the wild to see exactly what the options are and what people will do until a patch. Itā€™s good to see the old cheep stuff in the new era so I wanna see where it goes and for how long until Capcom does something. Thatā€™s what the game is about. Finding this stuff because itā€™s going to happen. I remember when TACā€™s first came out and many people were dooming and glooming about how that was the end of the game. Yet, all it really did was just make more teams viable and the game went on until last Evo any way.

Marvel 3 accidentally worked out where there were so many ways to ToD any way, that finding one of the cheapest ways to ToD couldnā€™t break the game anymore than it already was. Marvel Infinite is trying to be a more fair/eSports friendly Marvel so stuff like this is tougher when eveything else is designed around having a way out or only oppressing for so long.

Iā€™ve been trying Abegenā€™s setup against the dummy and auto guard doesnā€™t seem to want to give up. Is this one of those unblockables that works on humans but not on AI?

I remember trying it against the training dummy set to all guard and the dummy couldnā€™t block it either. Had to take the hit everytime.

If infinites and HSD got banned, and patch this def should. No way around that.