MVCI Bar and Lounge: Maximum Carnage Xmas Special

Chris G won Infinite, Marvel 3, 3rd Strike and SFIV.

Kind of curious how many played Marvel 3.

25 people were registered on Smash. One more than MKXL.

Oh Smash is where people sign up. Gotcha.

They finally released the character tutorials for the new characters.

Winter Soldier

Spoiler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_5aug6UYDk

Venom

Spoiler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmXTEt_C5SI

Black Widow

Spoiler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLYjSfRssKY

I remember in XvSF you could air combo into throw, can you do that here?

I randomly started playing my cap/morrigan team very differently and itā€™s actually working out better lol. Basically just been filling the screen with projectiles and using time surge when I see an opportunity to go for a mixup. And itā€™s fun

I feel like Iā€™m frauding my way through ranked by taking a month off lol it is much easier to climb now that the player base is more evenly distributed.

It hit me yesterday that PC life is finally catching up to me. Still getting PLENTY of games but in 2 hours of play I think I played against the same 10 people over and over again. Kind of cool, but I can see it as being frustrating especially if youā€™re outclassed by a lot of the people in that group. I mean, I went from 12th to 9th rank thatā€™s to my new tech traps, new fuck it yolo push buttons method since Iā€™ve given up on clipping peoples legs since the ā€œground is lavaā€ in this game. Lower body losing itā€™s hitbox during jump (could have swore it wasnā€™t as prevalant in Mv3) is so irritating but fuck it. I can mash s.Jab too.

Man, got a scare. Guy was beating me with a BP and MH team. Thought maybe I underestimated the character. Then I realized that Iā€™m using my day 2 Nemesis and reverse OCVā€™D his team twice with Firebrand. I couldnā€™t help but feel a little empty inside.

Capcom Gods please bless Wakanda.

One thing that I miss about having more time to play is being able to level up on a number of characters. Much easier to do in 3D games I think, but that might be because Iā€™m a 3D fighting game
player primarily whose juggles require less motions typically (maybe stricter timing with some) Iā€™m starting to think Iā€™m retarded as Iā€™m struggling with his air to ground magic series, but yet I can do RRā€™s more advanced shit and some of firebrands more advanced shit.

Maybe I just suck at having to delay anything because I mash shit out?

One thing Iā€™d tell people coming to terms with combos in the wackier 2D fighters like Marvel or BB is despite what youā€™re seeing on screen, thereā€™s not as much inputs per second required versus, say, Smash. Stringing together even merely 5 hits in Smash requires more inputs than a ā€œ20 hit comboā€ in Marvel. Itā€™s 20 hits but remember 2D games count each ā€˜hitā€™ of moves rather than each player inputted move (like a 3D fighter). Thatā€™s what Iā€™d explain to somebody having trouble controlling their input in Marvel.

I actually long had an idea for fighting game that counted only moves rather than the hits of a move for a combo counter. Whenever I see people get hype over a 90-something combo Iā€™m like, ā€œWell yeah but huge bulks of that number come from multihitting attacks.ā€

Eh VF has multi hitting moves that move the counter up and if I recall so does Soul Calibur and Tekken. Itā€™s just not as exaggerated.

Exceptions prove the rule.

Why oh why do I do this to myself.
Every time its like a nightmare, a terrible dream.
Body a nigga hard, got some beats playing in the background, 2-0 free as fuck.
He sends me messages, of course I respond and talk shit.
Dude always, without fail tells me to run it back.
Then I go 0-2, no idea how it happened.
Fuckin hell.

Got a feeling for the combos and tag. 7200 for one bar after a fullscreen noodle. While I hate how the damage scaling makes the cast homogenized, itā€™s nice to freestyle after a random hit and get almost the same outcome.
But Iā€™m still lost in the neutral. It feels like trying to get gold in the Gran Turismo 2 licenses for the first time.

Canā€™t decide between soul and reality. Also can someone tell me why space is so good?

Gamoraā€™s still good

https://i.imgur.com/dEBQ1Q6.png

Pew pew salt was real. Got this right after he dropped on my win. Iā€™m wired on gigabit fios, but yeah.

It prevents the opponent from tagging which is good for securing a kill, guarantees punishes on almost all supers since they canā€™t tag out to save themselves, gives yourself breathing room if theyā€™re going too ham on you, easier to set up mix ups because they canā€™t escape the box, easy to build stone meter due to quick activation/low recovery (especially useful if you have a move that goes into animation like crazy dance).

Thatā€™s just the storm activation, the surge is a little more situational but its uses like pulling people into active hit boxes, pulling them into a command grab super or just messing with your opponents spacing in general.

So, jumping starfish>tag>low is almost unblockable. Is it really that easy?
Edit: nope, time stone evades it.

I do jump hp tag into low in the corner all the time with MH.