MVCI Bar and Lounge: Maximum Carnage Xmas Special

Yeah Ultron’s j.HP you don’t have to come up with as much preemptive defense against now and Gamora’s guns still pierce, but at least you’ll win sometimes. Biggest nerf to Gamora is that she basically doesn’t have a real invincible super anymore. Anything with any active frames and that shit gets beat. Better to use as a lockdown tool now.

Still think Gamora is pretty damn strong. Still has the best c.LK in the game and very quick hop overheads into full combos. Plus her guns naturally negate pushblock and she has great throw range so she’s very self sufficient. Shadow super makes her even tougher to to pushblock and gives her more pew pew to pierce with. For a point character she has a lot of great assist tools. Her uppercut keeps air runaway characters honest as well.

It’s just like Dante you have to have a brain to use her now.

She’s definitely still good, but those simple changes have made her a HELL of a lot easier to deal with, with a rushdown frametrap team. She can’t just YOLO her way out of shit when I’m setting up.
Something I’m still guilty of against f’n Nemesis/Haggar and the like. Fast characters with lots of tools don’t deserve that kind of shit. Hell, Firebrands Level 3 gets beat by EVERYTHING and Effin Coons
3 can get beat by reality surge.

Gamora still crushes most low tier characters. If your character can’t attack her from above, you’re pretty much screwed.

I knew it would take rayray a bit to adjust without the old reality stone. It was a big part of his playstyle and actually allowed him to play similar to his mvc3 game plan. I hope he finds a new team to get away from his mvc3 thought process.

He saw the signs the nerf was coming. No sympathy at all.

So with the update is it still possible to kill your opponent after one hit? Or at what point does the game send both to neutral?

With certain stones if you have a full storm it’s probably possible on lower health characters. Otherwise they make it pretty tough to just kill in one combo.

Top 8 should be starting in a little more than an hour.

Mvci had like 8,000 viewers, that’s more than any other fighter at NEC except for sfv. I guess it’s not too bad.

Even right now, Clockw0rk is pulling more people on his stream than any other fighter except for SFV (even more numbers than the highest melee channel ATM). Where Vesper is leading with about 400 viewers which is still poverty compared to what a MOBA or AAA actcion adventure is probably pulling at this moment. I don’t think anyone playing Tekken 7 right now has triple digit viewing right now and Injustice 2’s biggest channel right now is like 30 something viewers.

That will all change when DBZ comes out most likely, but with all of these AAA fighters like T7 and Injustice it’s generally just an influx of casuals who flavor of the month the shit then make the game drop down after. Not gonna be surprised at all if DBZ runs down to poverty numbers like just about everything else on a Sunday night/Monday morning after a year.

Good shit to MegamanSteve for almost winning in top 8. I think he was a few decisions away from getting out of there. Good use of the mind stone to keep Punisher on his toes and had some solid lockdowns. I think you would have been better off using the free level 3 during the mind storm towards then end then burning 3 bars on a regular level 3 and then leaving yourself with barely 2 bars to fight a matchup that Hawkeye wins (especially when you’re low on resource). Doing the free level 3 would have left you with 4 bars basically afterwards and plenty of time to spam more sogenmu and lock down. Either way, great seeing Mind Stone doing some new work at an event.

Chris G kept it together when he was on tilt in grand finals and came back FTW. I know at one point dekillsage was beating Sonicfox regularly, so it’s good to see Sonicfox come back into form and Chris G find a way to pull through. I guess he still needs Spiderman Hawkeye for certain matchups, but MorriHun is looking really solid at this point. Morrigan is solid point charcter that has good tools for a team and MonHun brings great support and makes every team better. Arrows are still ridiculous and still pierce through most of the stuff you would need it to and demon mode is still stupid as hell.

Good shit to all and looking forward to more events.

Y

Fchamp,cloud and Justin weren’t there where they?

Being an east coast tournament I don’t think many of the big west coasters were there except for Chris G. Don’t remember seeing any of them on stream at all.

Blocking against jedah is like a coin flip.

Dead game.

at the same time around in 2010, didnt mvc3 pull around 15k viewers for stuff like WNF?

I havent shilled a vid in this thread in a while so bleh deal with it

Spoiler

6.4k is the best I can do with solo strange. If you can get past that it’s beyond me I have no idea how.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er7LC7DTyAQ

SpeakING of mvc3, how many played at NEC?

Shill on bro, I think it’s dope that you’ve taken mvci to task as probably the premiere video maker for characer startups.

Unless smash.gg doesn’t account for certain day of registrations, it says NEC had 168 entrants for Infinite. Making it the 3rd most entered event. Tekken 7 was second with only about 10 more players and SFV had the most at 192 (which is kinda weak numbers for SFV really, but it’s not the hugest major either).

Man mvci is th most fun I’ve had with a fighter since mvc2/3s. I really need to get out to locals more.

You’re telling me. I just have to get over my aversion to being around people half my age that didn’t come from my testicles.

Truth be told, I wasn’t very good at making friends even back in the arcade days. I was fiercely competitive, generally despised anyone who wasn’t at least good enough to pose a challenge, silently hated those who beat me, and I just don’t know how I’ll take being “just okay” with cats disregarding my arse for their 20 year old overlords. I’ll stop being a pussy this week. It’s on my must do list before the end of the year.

I heard ChrisG say he also won UMVC3? Did he mispeak?

Exxxxxxxactly.