MVCI Bar and Lounge: Maximum Carnage Xmas Special

I fucking hate Soul Stone.
There have been so many matches that I have been clearly ahead for the entire thing, then Soul gets popped, character comes back, and I lose because I can’t defend two sides at once.

To go with my av, it looks like Nemesis is giving Venom a hand.

https://i.imgur.com/OA22ebHr.jpg

Been messing with a Bucky/Frank team; easy as hell to level Frank off of gun super. Not an easy team to win with though, as I keep getting frustrated and running back to Thor/Sigma to stomp some ass.

I think I finally realized that Bucky is meant to be played as an annoying long range character, then as people make mistakes trying to get in, you go for combos. Feels like h has some solid potential.

Finally went out to a local again, got bodied

I did learn a lot about Morrigan from another Morrigan player there. I think MorRider/Time is a pretty solid team. You can always just YOLO reversal on the ground and tag into Rider when Morrigan’s in trouble, and Time Surge is good if someone evades your st.HP and is closing in for a punish. Gotta work on my air-to-airs.

When you take out the first character make sure you pop your Storm before their character comes in, that way they can’t insta-revive.

And some people regard their dead partner as a ‘mine’ of sorts to set up box ins. I’ve face a ton more soul stone teams since the death of reality and you really come to ways to see the bullshit coming.

Then again, not only can you carefully manipulate their decision making by NOT going for a kill until both characters are evenly near death, you can probably score a happy birthday KO depending on your super.

Lot of people just kinda splurge out attacks so it’s not that hard to escape.

Just keep your eye on the point character and blocking turns into a cake walk generally. I play Coon though and my traps stay on screen. Gives me a sec to gather my shit.
So, I’m starting to like Nemesis again, gonna have to lab him this week. I think I can make him and MH work. I think taking away my two mains and forcing myself to adapt
with MH may help me learn her better and if I fuck up there’s always Nemesis and that damn punch super for bail out.

Haven’t played the new characters yet due to DS3 owning my soul but I definitely will be maining Bucky on point when I get back on it.

973DIAPHONE putting in work with winter solider.

Honestly the buff that Frank probably needs the most is adjustment to his chainsaw attacks, both normals and specials.

The chainsaw attacks are not damage scaling nor HSD friendly at all (especially the latter), they mess up his combo potential pretty badly in both aspects.

That’s how far ahead I am sometimes. Haven’t even lost enough health for a half-Storm. Feels bad.

That was working until he started doing web zip space stone cancels then blowing up whiffed lariat.

Lariat always gives Haggar a chance in any match up though, I’ve found some tricks to catch venom slipping today.

Top 8 for MVCI @ NEC 18

Winners:
Not Enough Damage (Space Ultron Strange) vs. EchoFox Sonicfox (Space JeCoon)
NY Chris G (Space MorriHun; Reality Spider Man Hawkeye) vs Unkn0wn (Soul Zero May Cry)

Losers:
MegamanSteve (Mind MegamanZero) vs. HitBox Punisher (Space/Soul Hawkeye Coon)
cR (Critical Reaction) dekillsage (Space JeDante) vs. Geobraun (Power Spider Man Hawkeye)

Congrats to @MegamanSteve for making top 8. Old Marvel 2 dudes making it happen. Surprising that Rayray and Coach Steve didn’t make it there. Must have been some strong comp there. Good luck to Maryland local Unknown as well. Made it in winners.

Good variety of characters and if you count Chris G, basically every stone is in top 8 except for Time. Reality noticeably scarce in top 8. Majority are Space and Soul users as per usual.

Top 8 looks like it’ll start sometime inbetween 6 and 7 PM EST.

Weird that people aren’t using Time more. It definitely has potential.

I’m loving all of this Hawkeye repping! I picked the right character this time!

So this is what top 8 looks like after our broken overlords get patched eh?

It’s really not too much different than pre patch. Both of the players that are using Zero in top 8 were using him at launch and Cloud805 will surely still wreck people with post patch Zero May Cry. Supposedly dekillsage was doing some complaining about Dante after the patch, but still using him in top 8 here. Hawkeye was good before the patch. Incredibly good tools as an assist. Space and Soul still number 1 picks so nothing new there.

Only character that is scarce in this top 8 that was dominating before is Dorm, but Idom was doing work with Strange/Dorm earlier in the event.

It’s funny cuz one of the local guys I used to play with is there and I remember him saying that he thought Time was garbage at launch (he was using Mind Stone at launch and at the tournament). More people are starting to warm up to it though and it seems like generally for every one person that think it’s good, someone else thinks it’s ass, but at minimum it has a much better surge than Mind. Meaning more opportunities to build for the storm and improve your neutral. Plus the right characters can really flood the screen during the storm and it can allow you to do block strings that are very tough to push block.

The thing that I notice about mind is there’s just too many ways for other teams to randomly get a lot of meter to make it really worth it. Like if you get happy birthdayed you get so much meter it’s basically like you popped mind storm for being hit. I don’t think you should be getting a shit load of meter for getting birthdayed, but that’s what’s in the game. If you’re using mind stone and happy bday a team early into the match, they’ll get near 4 bars before you even pop your storm.

Without any changes, Space, Soul and Power are probably the 3 best current stones and that won’t change much anytime soon. Watching Rayray’s Gamora/Ultron you can just see how much more fair Reality stone is than it was before. That storm just isn’t going to help you come back from a rough deficit unless you’re playing a teleport character and still not that hot even then.

Didn’t say it was different LOL

Well, I guess you’re right then.

It was more a more of the same. Unless a character is nerfed into the ground the best players will continue being the best players using the same characters.
The loudest sirens go off only for mediocre players trying to get every edge they can. I do take some satisfaction in how much easier it is to deal with Ultron and
Gammora with the bats they got hit with.