MVCI Bar and Lounge: Maximum Carnage Xmas Special

What’s that all about though? Disney are becoming an entertainment powerhouse. It took the seven stupid dwarves 80 years to get us X-Men in MvCI… actually that kind of makes sense when you’re working with a bunch of lazy morons over at Capcom, it explains a lot.

Disney has BEEN an entertainment powerhouse.

I’m not assuming anything and don’t care that much since none of the Xmen I liked were in 3. X23 ended up being a favorite but yeah

Yea im just saying i dont think its as ez as ppl are making it seem

Umm it is that easy. Once those contracts are signed Marvel will once again own everything not just partially related to X-men and Fantastic Four. There is no extra contracts to sign with anyone, no one to ask permission, its a done deal. The reason why Marvel had issues before is because every time they would put X-men/F4 into anything, they’d have to double check if it violates the contract with Fox where they could possibly be representing their “movie characters” incorrectly or could cause confusion etc.

I said it before. There is no coincidence that Black Widow and Winter Soldier were announced officially in the blog one week before the Infinity War trailer. It was not a coincidence that these 2 characters were released 1 week AFTER the Infinity War Trailer. It is not a coincidence that because legal talks and ownership of X-men/Fantastic Four that there was NO announcement of any content post patch. My scrub ass is making a prediction. Once those legal documents get signed over you can bet your ass Disney will give Marvel the green light to give Capcom the green light to talk about the next DLC pack including Doom and/or X-men.

I agree that it’s probably not that easy. I’m just excited that it seems more plausible now.

Before:
Capcom: hey, can we put Magneto and Doom in?
Marvel: nah, we don’t want to promote FOX’s stuff

Now:
Capcom: hey, can we put Magneto and Doom in?
Marvel: yeah, sure, why not?

Unless Marvel is going REALLY REALLY hard on promoting the MCU. But then again, they may be already planning to add X-men/FF into the MCU, so it might be a good thing in the end. Let’s not forget they play the long game. They added Rocket and Dormammu to MVC3 because of the MCU, and look how long it took for their movies to be released.

Don’t forget that they can totally use MvC3 assets for the X-Men like they did for the launch cast, greatly speeding up development time.

My words exactly.

yea but wasnt a major point of contention with mvci was that they were on a limited budget because only capcom usa cared about the game? whats to say capcom will be so willing to fund this, if mvci was a sales bomb too?

https://twitter.com/BlackYoshiSSB/status/941461060925710337

They’re going to keep funding it because you can’t stop serving crack.

They should make wolvie, storm and magneto free dlc then add gambit, rogue and psylocke :wink:

If they took T7’s “free returning characters” policy, people would lose their damn minds.

The fun fact is that T7 hasn’t yet added a single free returning character since the launch of the home version.

There aren’t any returning characters post-release though

For absolute sure, they’ve been making movies since the 1930’s, they’ve had countless cable network stations, give rise to dozens of young pop stars, Disney WAS huge, but now in the 2010’s this is a WHOLE other level. First they bought Lucas Films, then Marvel, but now they have purchased 20th Century Fox, that’s more cable networks, movies and merchandise, licences like The Walking Dead, Family Guy and The Simpsons, and the X-Men. If they’ve just snagged Fox what’s to stop them from buying out Sony? It would never happen of course but they’ve got the money for it, Sony is only worth more than half of what they paid for Fox. Disney are slowly becoming one of the biggest entertainment industries in the world, cartoons, comics, movies, sports, Mickey Mouse’s face is gonna be on everything. It shows me just how big of a corporation they really are, miles ahead of what they were in the 90’s.

Wasn’t the word from Chris’ stream that Capcom was going to fund it at least 2 more years regardless?

Definitely enough time to squeeze in some mutants

my takeaway was the whole “Marvels Dead” thing is more about the esports side of it

Offline session with my bud last night; this game is some of the most fun I’ve ever had. Fun factor is rare in fighting game review, but MvCi puts a smile on my face.

I literally do not give a fuck about it’s esports presense, I still fucks with Titanfall 2 which has absolutely no presense outside of its tight community.

I just want more characters, more colors per character (and more texture swaps like MvC3), a few more balance passes (Reality needs a rebuff, got hit too hard).

So, tournament going on this weekend. It has MvCI, and Mahvel 2 top 8 on saturday:

https://twitter.com/acekingoffsuit/status/941521087648686081?s=17

Marvel 3 not included lol, rip (I prefer to watch and play the other two anyways lmao)