MVCI Bar and Lounge: Maximum Carnage Xmas Special

It’s so crazy that they hate their own product that I believe it.
If they don’t push the game to be relevant like they did with SFV, don’t think an arcade edition will save it. Maybe if they push the game up until EVO and announce it there. One year might be too long.

Wasn’t this game developed by Capcom USA and by the makers of XvSF?

If so, seeing that the gameplay is perfect or close to it, why the hate?

The only thing that comes to mind is that working with all the Marvel redtape is a hassle but again, Marvel with their MCU is at an all time high, it prints money by itself.

Sure, there are roster problems but the newcomers like Gamora, Bucky, Widow, Capt. Marvel, Sigma and others have been well received by players.

I don’t get where the “fuck that game” is coming from. This game has the potential to be a CvS2 in Marvel versus format and is getting hate because ____________???

Fill in the blanks.

Objectively subpar? Why “objectively subpar”?

So, as you guys probably already know - earlier today, after tweeting out about it, Chris G did a relatively short stream during which he talked all about Capcom Cup, Battle for the Stones, as well as the current state of MVCI and the game’s future.

The stream totaled at ~2.5 hours long and was full of blowups, so I decided to timestamp it for your viewing convinience and jump straight to the most interesting bits.

The VOD itself is located here -

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/209079305.

Enjoy.

Timestamps:

Bulletpoints from the stream:

TL;DR - Battle for the Stones was fucked up. MVCI is dead. Chris was left heartbroken. Fuck John D

Because everything else besides gameplay is underwhelming or just garbage.
You have to overlook A LOT of stuff before getting into the fun part.
You can have fun with the game, no one is telling you to “stop liking what I don’t like”, but to believe the game should have been a hit as it is because of the gameplay is just dumb. Other aspects matters way more now to a game’s success, which directly affects further support. Imagine if people discovered the web ball>reality infinite after Capcom dropped support?

So what John D left behind?

Everything

Best game is LIVE for PS4, XBOne, and Steam <3

You guys forgot something.

“- Chris was also told that MVCI would be funded fully for at least 2 years”

Time to right the ship.

Incredibly poor presentation, rooster and visual. 70% of the cast returns from the previous game. And a story mode that would make the game better if it hadn’t been included in the first place. Everything together screams low effort cash-grab.

Not trying to hate on you for playing and liking the game, but people have legitimate gripes with it. Not just hating for the sake of it.

Shit. Gonna be fully supported for the next 2 years? I ain’t worried then. The DLC was a godsend and brought life to the game. People still worried, myself including, with how Capcom is handling the game. But 2 years? If Capcom can’t do it right we sure as hell can. Keep playing fams.

About to tweet yipes on when is his curleh mustache tournament. though i think he said he wills stop.

What leaves me salty is that it’s on Capcom that the game was rushed and now they want to treat it like a red headed step child when it’s their fault it didn’t sell well

The crime in all of this is the fact that the gameplay is super fun

You know shit is crazy when OG accounts come back just to complain. :rofl:

This is hilariously inept. Whoever is in charge of organizing this event needs to be fired. There are plenty of people to hire who know how to orchestrate large-scale events.

I could’ve sworn this whole doom-and-gloom movie was playing during SFV’s initial year.

Yeah it was pretty obvious the stones tourney was chopped and slammed together by employees who didn’t really give a shit. Glad it’s over with and can just move on. I think itd be a fun side event to do again, but to use something like that as a major event was only going to go wrong. Just they found a way to make it go way more wrong than it needed to. John should lose his shill badge for talking shut about crack

Regardless, crack still lives

[quote=“Legend_II, post:562, topic:184090”]

Wasn’t this game developed by Capcom USA and by the makers of XvSF?

If so, seeing that the gameplay is perfect or close to it, why the hate?

The only thing that comes to mind is that working with all the Marvel redtape is a hassle but again, Marvel with their MCU is at an all time high, it prints money by itself.

Sure, there are roster problems but the newcomers like Gamora, Bucky, Widow, Capt. Marvel, Sigma and others have been well received by players.

I don’t get where t

Real talk. I’m all for the tournaments run by players (former players) for the players that love the games. That’s where the soul of the FGC was born. Yeah e-sports, where’s my fight money but shit I’m old.

Marvel Infinite lacks the hype train of a Capcom title. It feels more like a niche anime fighter where few selected people enjoy the occasional balance changes and new character drops and nothing more.
I think unfortunately there’s nothing more that can make it grow in the short term and that we have to wait a year or two for a proper relaunch like the one they did for SFV.

This issue becomes though now that Capcoms been shown to be brushing aside MvCi, would they even try to give it the SFV treatment?