MVCI Bar and Lounge: Maximum Carnage Xmas Special

Its almost like the whole premise of the tournament was pretty dumb!!!

No it was sick and creative!!!™

when you dare to critizise combo…no wait…onos decisions for the tournament circuit, you get the fist statue but not the way you like…

https://twitter.com/dekillsage/status/939933138553327616

Not sure if tweet is going to embed properly, but this is interesting behaviour.

I think it’s funny. Everyone looks like a 15th rank when they have to pick Hulk/BP. Even when they land hits they look lost

I have no sympathy. Cloud survived Hulk/BP against ChrisG. Ryan has to up his dumbshit rules game.

Adapt.

I think it’s useful to know. this makes it risky to go for that adv. guard on the first hit if you’re chicken blocking… and i’m sure various other scenarios resulting in your waking up with some undesirable buttons.

1st match I ever used morrigan after 2 minutes of training lol

https://youtu.be/AZo12Jz1sts

Chris Schmidt plays this team online a lot with mind stone. Basically uses the meter to be super oppressive with sougenmu and random nova hypers. It can be very hard to deal with.

Mind Zero/Nova definitely sounds pretty cheap. Both characters that don’t really need a surge to oppress in the neutral and then give them meter and you can’t really go near them safely anymore.

When you’re thoroughly outplayed in this game, how do you learn from it? Just faced a 10th rank Dante/Frank/Time and was soundly beaten. My opponent didn’t even seem concerned in the second game and yet battered me quite easily.

Same way you do in all fighting games. Watch the replay, see how you got hit, replicate the situation in training mode to find a counter (or in marvel’s case, an auto pilot for your character that beats their autopilot)

Depends on which characters you play as neutral in Marvel varies wildly depending on who you’re using. Dante Frank is really good IMO so not surprised you had trouble with it. He probably made some clear mistakes that you could have capitalized on if you had a replay to show. Maybe try to save one or 2 of the games in your profile and someone could look them up and see.

It’s not really “oh lol i’m right you are wrong”. There are valid reasons for people (like me) to consider “Capcom might not have a Season 2” and capcom could dispel this notion easily simply by saying “yeah there’ll be more stuff coming” like they said at SF V launch and repeated a lot each time there was a DLC.

While they stayed really silent in comparison with MvCi and getting the characters out 3 by 3…one of the reason for this rush could simply be that they’ll stop having a paid team to integrate new patches for mvci by early 2018…

as for the best FG nomination…there’s been only what 2 FG that arent indie low low budget stuff out this year.

What’s sad is that they could easily just have a news saying “more char will be coming stay tuned, see you guys in 2018 xoxo” on capcom unity or some shit.

What makes me mad is that ChrisG did the exact same thing to Cloud… and then Cloud reverse-swept the series for the win.

Can someone explain what’s going on here?

Adapt refers to learning how to deal with things that are considered “Cheap” or “Top Tier”.
Not “Recent patch fucked shit up across the board”.

RayRay showed off what was happening and explained it.

https://twitter.com/RayRay19wun/status/939933060627353602

Basically one of the changes made it so the input buffer when you’re getting hit effectively goes into overdrive and stores the input which then has priority over tech rolls. So in this example while getting hit RayRay inputs QCF.K but then holds forward, trying to tech roll forward. He is forced to neutral tech and then the game uses the stored input and performs the QCF.K.

I shall do such a thing. Thank you guys for both of your inputs. :slight_smile:

nope. loved every minute.